Y HALO THAR

Posted by ad_man63

I'm Adam. I'm 19 and from Newfoundland.

Some of the things I like: Radiohead (plus many other bands), video games (Nintendo franchise being my favorite), most sports (I cheer for all the Boston teams), and 4chan (I just signed up and am seeing a lot of stuff from /b/ already :o)

I'll probably be sticking around for a while :)

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Howdy,

Welcome to the boards. I hope you like it here :D

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Welcome, and glad to have ya. :D

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]HALO THAR SIR
AND WELCOME.[/COLOR]

Posted by Boddah

Quoting ad_man63: Some of the things I like: Radiohead (plus many other bands), video games (Nintendo franchise being my favorite), most sports (I cheer for all the Boston teams), and 4chan (I just signed up and am seeing a lot of stuff from /b/ already :o)

Why am I not on this list? :@

Posted by Alastor

Quoting ad_man63: 4chan

You'll fit right in with atleast half of the people here, then. Welcome. :)

Posted by The Judge

Thank G[COLOR="black"]o[/COLOR]d, another /b/tard. Srsly.

Posted by Hyper

ugh we don't need another 4channer :mad:

oh well, at least you know how to type! welcum 2 vgc :cool2:

Posted by Random

is "Thar" Pirate Talk? Yarr...

Welcome Matey =P

Posted by Corrupt

Welcome to VGC, Adam. I think I like you already. (not in "that" way, though; don't get your hopes up)

You like Nintendo games; that's great. I'm assuming you're also a fan of the Red Sox, too? Yet another reason to like you.

Posted by Ant

Huh, another random b-tard joined vgc. Crazy. WELCOME ABOARD FELLOW 4CHANNELER

Posted by Klarth

Welcome to the home of Rideman!

Seriously!

Posted by Lord of Spam

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/penguinbob/thisisrideman.png[/IMG]

One of us is going to have to explain this to him.:/

Posted by The Judge

He'll never believe us.

Posted by Lord of Spam

But I have the pics of the road trip to back it up.:(

Note to adman: I was a meme for a day once.

Posted by mis0

Howdy, there. More 4chan is the betterist! Stick around, and I'm glad to see you can type.

And this truely is the home of Rideman; LoS is VGC's first meme.

Posted by ad_man63

Haha, thanks for the welcomes everyone, I think I'm gonna like it here.

Posted by The Judge

Next goal: Make more meme's.

Posted by Raptor

I hope you are well-behaved member that keeps the 4chan crap at 4chan, where it belongs.

Other than that, welcome!

Posted by sabre

Quoting Raptor: I hope you are well-behaved member that keeps the 4chan crap at 4chan, where it belongs.
This. That said, you -will- fit right in. Just please, have a personality. :P

On the subject of your liking Radiohead... are you at all a fan of Muse or Porcupine Tree? From what I gather both of those share common threads with Radiohead, and they're two of my favorite bands. :)

Posted by ad_man63

Quoting Sabredog: This. That said, you -will- fit right in. Just please, have a personality. :P

On the subject of your liking Radiohead... are you at all a fan of Muse or Porcupine Tree? From what I gather both of those share common threads with Radiohead, and they're two of my favorite bands. :)

Not as of now, but Muse is the next band I'm going to try. allmusic.com says they sound a lot like Radiohead. I would buy/download some of their stuff, but where I live makes it quite hard to get music. I live about an hour drive from the closest record store, and the best internet connection we can get in our small town of about 150 is 28.8k dial up. :(

I'll be buying a bunch of albums this summer, what one would would you suggest?

Posted by Lord of Spam

[quote]28.8k dial up

I pray to *** thats a typo:'(

Posted by sabre

Quoting ad_man63: Not as of now, but Muse is the next band I'm going to try. allmusic.com says they sound a lot like Radiohead. I would buy/download some of their stuff, but where I live makes it quite hard to get music. I live about an hour drive from the closest record store, and the best internet connection we can get in our small town of about 150 is 28.8k dial up. :(

I'll be buying a bunch of albums this summer, what one would would you suggest?

Go for Origin of Symmetry or Absolution. Absolution's commonly cited as a masterpiece, and is generally the favorite, but you can't go wrong with OoS, either. I'd probably rank Absolution higher. The main similarity with Radiohead is in vocal style. Musically they're quite different, but it should be easy for any RH fan to enjoy Muse. :D

They have a new album coming out in... about a week now, which I'm really looking forwards to. I'm expecting to like it even more than Absolution, apparently it's a bit more experimental.

Posted by mis0

Quoting ad_man63: I live about an hour drive from the closest record store, and the best internet connection we can get in our small town of about 150 is 28.8k dial up. :(

You poor soul.

Posted by JonMB

Indeed. That is very sad and misfortunate.

Posted by Random

oh **** that sucks... My Thoughts and Wishes go out to you!

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

buttseckz?

Posted by Dog

WELCOME.