Nintendo trademarks "!!M"

Posted by Klarth

Yes, exclamation-exclamation-M. Or, "Wii" upside-down.

http://wii.qj.net/WiiPointer-WiiCulture-and-M-Trademark-Registered-by-Nintendo-Japan/pg/49/aid/56323#comments

Speculation is that it's the rumoured IM service.

Posted by Bebop

Theyve trademarked loads of names before. I'm interested in the !!M thing. Just because it's a direct change of the name.

Posted by brownoystercult

how "innovative". a name upside down!

i'm just saying this because you all say how xbox 360 and ps3 are simple and plain. when the name does not really ****ing matter.

Posted by Klarth

So, uh, point out the part where ANYONE said this was innovative :)

you're the ****ing idiots who think a name for a console should be.

"ps3 is so plain, revolution is auseom"

when the name gets changed to "wii". you guys praise it like it was better than revolution and only think of the positive. you're all nintendo fanboys. i love nintendo also but i don't always take down my pants and skeet in their mouths. how can you guys NOT admit that you're nintendo fanboys?

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Roinkz: you're the ****ing idiots who think a name for a console should be.

when the name gets changed to "wii". you guys praise it like it was better than revolution and only think of the positive. you're all nintendo fanboys. i love nintendo also but i don't always take down my pants and skeet in their mouths. how can you guys NOT admit that you're nintendo fanboys?

No, actually you're just a F'ing moron. If you were here when they changed it to Wii we all bashed it too hell.
THEN we saw what it can do, and realized it didnt really matter.No, were not all fanboys. If you where here when nintendo was sucking then you would see us bad mouthing it. BUT their doing good now, and we just happen to enjoy what their doing.

you don't agree that you guys only thought on the positive side? ridiculous.

after ps3 came out, "wow what an uninnovative name", after thinking revolution was going to be revolution, "oh this name is so innovative". after it was changed to wii, "eh, it's just a name", " the logos nice", "i'm already grown on it", et cetera. the ****ing list goes on and on. YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THEIR SIDE. NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO. i don't ****ing care, you just have to admit you guys are all fanboys.

Posted by Lord of Spam

He has a point. !!M isnt innovative at all, but I dont hear a single LOL WHEREZ TEH INNOVASHUN?! from anyone. Either praise innovation/decry lack thereof universally, or admit to a bias. Cant have your delicious cake and eat it too.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Roinkz: you're the ****ing idiots who think a name for a console should be.

when the name gets changed to "wii". you guys praise it like it was better than revolution and only think of the positive. you're all nintendo fanboys. i love nintendo also but i don't always take down my pants and skeet in their mouths.

Note that I'm utterly neutral on "!!M". I couldn't give two shits if it was called "Nintendo Go-Online Walkie-Go-Talkie Goomba Neko Service". As far as names go, I really don't care much - Revolution, Wii, same difference. It's the style of gameplay I care about.

[quote]how can you guys NOT admit that you're nintendo fanboys?
I own a PSP, an Xbox, an Atari 2600, an Atari Lynx, a Commodore 64, a Commodore Amiga and a (defunct) PSone. I have owned a Megadrive, a Master System and a Dreamcast in the past. I enjoyed them all immensely - More so, I'd say, than I enjoyed my Gamecube. Nintendo ****ed up with the Gamecube. As a result, I sold most of my games in February. You know what I did with the cash? Paid off the debt I was in due to borrowing money for a PSP.

I am strongly considering purchasing an Xbox 360 within the next year. I'm not biased towards Nintendo, I simply like the Wii. I'm not about to go defending Sony for all the ****ing mistakes they've made - As far as I'm concerned, Nintendo have in fact made NONE with their new console. So far.

Also, Revolution was a much nicer name. And hang on, how the FUCK can a NAME for a console be "innovative"?! I've seen people saying that, but as far as I'm concerned it's idiotic. "Playstation" isn't a nice name, and Wii isn't anything amazing to be honest, but for shit's sake it's just a name. I don't give a flying **** what they call stuff.

And hey, just to stick to convention, I'll end this with an analogy...

Three people are at a party, sitting and eating delicious cake. Mike's cake is smothered in caramel, Nick's is covered in strawberries, and Sam's is crawling with flies, rust, feces, nails and bits of broken glass. Sam was told that his cake would have strawberries AND caramel, but he seems to have forgotten this. Mike paid $3.00 for his cake, Nick paid around $2.00 for his and Sam paid a colossal $6.00 for a slice of cake. When Mike and Nick ask him why he's eating it, he screams at them that they're constantly only eating strawberries and caramel, and never give the tetanus-slathered cake a moment of their time.

THINK ABOUT IT.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Roinkz: you don't agree that you guys only thought on the positive side? ridiculous.

after ps3 came out, "wow what an uninnovative name", after thinking revolution was going to be revolution, "oh this name is so innovative". after it was changed to wii, "eh, it's just a name", " the logos nice", "i'm already grown on it", et cetera. the ****ing list goes on and on. YOU'RE ALWAYS ON THEIR SIDE. NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO. i don't ****ing care, you just have to admit you guys are all fanboys.

You dont get it.

Most of rather have "revolution" over "Wii". Non of us said it was a good name, but its ok. But we LIKE what the wii can do and realized that its not worth it to have a crusade to change the name back.

We dont like the Ps3 becasue as of right now its a steamy pile of sh!t (minus two or three games). A generic name and a half @$$ system does not equal good.

Now can you calm down, stop swearing, and stop trying to call us fanboys?

Thanks.
--------------------

As for !!M , I think its just a way to nip a problem problem in the butt early on. I can see tons of sleasy people turning Wii upsidedown for a few reasons.

Posted by Burrito

Roinkz, you're such a troll. What the hell does whether it's innovative or not have to do with anything? It's just a trademark. Also, when did we say all these things that you say we were saying? Can you stop putting words in people's mouths?

By the way, I think that "Wii" is a more innovative name than "Revolution", but it doesn't really matter.

Posted by Klarth

NAMES AREN'T INNOVATIVE

Posted by ccrocker58

Ok...look, Wii; it's not a good name, not by a long shot, everyone knew that, and when it was first announced, it was mind-boggling how many people here, and everywhere on the web, came up with slams and flames involving the name. But that was all before E3. After E3, Nintendo basically earned its way out of the horrible pit of teasing and name calling. It showed us that this system with a horribly funny name isn't just going to be Gamecube 2.00. It isn't just more of the same with a new control. We were shown some truely unique and fun ways the Wii would be used.

So after its performance at the expo people basically felt that they could forgive Nintendo for "Wii" becuase of it's spectacular showing.

Oh, and so far, I haven't seen anyone say that the name (either Wii or IIM) is revolutionary in any way...though I have seen quite a few posts saying that it isn't.

Posted by maian

...The point of this thread was to note the trademark, and that Nintendo might be making a new product or service with it.

Not "LUK NINTEDNOS MAKING A NEW NAEM LOL IT SUKS THO REVOLUTION WAS BETTR LOL ARGUMENT"

=/

Posted by Klarth

And hey, plus, not only did they redeem themselves with E3, but they got EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT IT by choosing such a ridiculous name. Before E3, I got weird looks when I mentioned it, but now when I'm talking about it people say "ahh, yeah, it looks pretty cool, I'll probably get one. I heard PS3 is going to cost £800, though! I'm not going to buy it!"

<3 schoolyard rumour mentality.

Posted by Axis

Dumb name, but oh well, no suprise there.

Posted by TendoAddict

[QUOTE=Klarth]And hey, plus, not only did they redeem themselves with E3, but they got EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT IT by choosing such a ridiculous name. Before E3, I got weird looks when I mentioned it, but now when I'm talking about it people say "ahh, yeah, it looks pretty cool, I'll probably get one. I heard PS3 is going to cost

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

As I've said before, if this turns out to be some sort of lame 'turning the face of gaming upside down and inside out' slogan, I'm not going to be best pleased.

Posted by Ant

Hmm, the IM thing seems interesting. Hopefully it'll be more voice chat based.

Posted by Red

still, the name Wii bothers me

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Mr.Red: still, the name Wii bothers me

What doesn't bother you Ryan? The name Wii is sort of growing on me, like Nintendo said at the confrence, "most great names arn't appealing at first."

Posted by Last Fog

And I thought Wii was bad. This thing you cant even pronounce.

When you guys say "it's growing on me" really you mean the initial shock has worn off and you dont hate it as much.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting TendoAddict: If you where here when nintendo was sucking then you would see us bad mouthing it.

Woah, what message boards were you visiting?

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Big Boss]
"YOU'RE ALL ****ING FANBOYS ZEEELELLLLDAAA~~~~ YOU'RE FANBOYS FANBOYS FANBOYS YOU'RE ALL SUCH FANBOYS RAAAAAAAA YOU'RE IDIOTS" = Ban.

except you over-exagerrated? and that particlar post was a joke?

i guess it was worth a ban. i learned my lesson. :D

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]Woah, what message boards were you visiting?[/COLOR][/FONT]

Pretty much every single person know from this board, including myself, had a negative reaction. Stupid ass.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak: Pretty much every single person know from this board, including myself, had a negative reaction. Stupid ass.

A negative reaction to what?

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]A negative reaction to what?[/COLOR][/FONT]

...a negative reaction to "Wii". Which is what Tendoaddict was talking about? And you should know because you quoted him in the first place...?

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak]...a negative reaction to "Wii". Which is what Tendoaddict was talking about? And you should know because you quoted him in the first place...?

This tells me he's talking about more than just the Wii remote, since Nintendo hasn't exactly had this good of an image (outside VGC, that is) during the deserted days of the N64 and GCN. Basically, "Nintendo was sucking" for far longer than just in the period of time they came out with the Wii name. You can see that it's accurate of me to think this, as I'm not the only one that took his quote that way:

Quoting Last Fog]Yeah seriously. I dont remember anyone badmouthing gamecube when it was ... well, gamecube.

Your first post on the thread about the then just-revealed Wii name:[/color]

[QUOTE=Speedfreak]First off, iPod, Google, Yahoo, Xbox 360, Playstation, Saturn, DS and Gamecube are all crap names that have been made fun of in the past.

Secondly:

HIT IT!

[IMG]http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/4383/mariowii1pm.jpg[/IMG]

I had lengthy discussions with Speedfreak over IM, and that wasn't his initial reaction at all. It was a secondary thing.

I don't remember anyone defending stupid things about the GameCube. I do remember hating the name 'Wii', but then getting used to it, though.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=TendoAddict]No, actually you're just a F'ing moron. If you were here when they changed it to Wii we all bashed it too hell.
THEN we saw what it can do, and realized it didnt really matter.No, were not all fanboys. If you where here when nintendo was sucking then you would see us bad mouthing it. BUT their doing good now, and we just happen to enjoy what their doing.

Way to take one sentence from his post out of context. He's clearly talking about the name change.

Furthermore, I put it to you that I've questioned and bashed Nintendo more than you have Sony.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Wings]I had lengthy discussions with Speedfreak over IM, and that wasn't his initial reaction at all. It was a secondary thing.

I'm not the only one who saw his quote that way, as evidenced by Last Fog's reply and the two reps I got, so I fail to see why you find it so appalling that TendoAddict's statement is being viewed that way.

As for the latter, that's a rather subjective statement, and we'll never fall on common ground if we start arguing pointlessly about it. No one here cares, including me, about who's right on "Who bashes what more between Speedfreak and Big Boss?"

I love how fanboyism is measured on how much you bash the console you root for.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Big Boss][FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]I can only go by what I read in these forums. I don't think I'm expected to know what goes on in private IM conversations unless they're made public.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=trebuchet ms][COLOR=yellowgreen]I'm not the only one who saw his quote that way, as evidenced by Last Fog's reply and the two reps I got, so I fail to see why you find it so appalling that TendoAddict's statement is being viewed that way.

As for the latter, that's a rather subjective statement, and we'll never fall on common ground if we start arguing pointlessly about it. No one here cares, including me, about who's right on "Who bashes what more between Speedfreak and Big Boss?"[/COLOR][/FONT]

The fact that they were private IMs is irrelevent. I myself have stated numerous times that my initial reaction was as far from positive as you can possibly get.

I find it appalling that TendoAddict's post is being taken that way because that's plainly not what he said. You have to take every single sentence out of context to draw any other meaning from it.

I wasn't really trying to turn this into a bashing contest. My point was I hardly ever see you bashing Sony, yet I don't consider you a Sony fanboy. So I find it ridiculous that anyone here would regard anyone else a Nintendo fanboy for not bashing Nintendo, especially when the accused more often than not produce criticisms of Nintendo on demand.

In my opinion there's relatively little fanboyism here, just plenty of resentment at being in the minority. From Sony fans being in the minority in this board and Nintendo fans being in the minority worldwide.

Posted by Axis

If you guys want to see true fanboys, click the link below:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_topics.php?board_id=314159282

Enjoy... :(

Posted by Speedfreak

Indeed, or Warp Pipe. I've seen real examples of fanboyism. If you think this place is fanboy capital then you really should try other boards.

Posted by GameMiestro

One of my friends created a clan called "!!Militant Resistance!!", so he uses "!!M" as a clan tag. Guess he'll have to change it...

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Speedfreak]The fact that they were private IMs is irrelevent. I myself have stated numerous times that my initial reaction was as far from positive as you can possibly get.

It's not that hard to imagine why it was taken that way. He had already stated in an earlier sentence that "If you were here when they changed it to Wii we all bashed it too hell." That was about the Wii name. So when he says in the same paragraph, after that sentence, "If you where here when nintendo was sucking then you would see us bad mouthing it," then he must've been talking about Nintendo sucking like it (arguably) has up to but not including the Wii, since he already specified in an earlier sentence about the Wii specifically. Unless, you know, he likes saying the exact same thing twice almost back-to-back... or, "Nintendo sucking" means sucking during the brief period of time of their name announcement. It doesn't sound very plausible to me, but I can understand if you may somehow see it that way. You do not need to explain yourself. "When Nintendo was sucking" just doesn't sound restrictive to the Wii name decision exclusively, though.

May I also point out that TendoAddict referred to "bashing," not merely negative reaction, since one is more intense and specific than the other. That's what I quoted him on, so either way it'd be unfair of you to get on my back for not noticing "negative reactions", since I was referring to the bashing. Even by your own logic, that of his reference to the Wii, you still never bashed the name.

Difference?

Negative reaction:

(On the Wii -and other consoles'- name)

Quoting Vampiro]Anywho, I think it's a pretty... uh, bad name. Maybe I'll grow to like it, who knows. But it just sounds kinda lame. Then again, so does Playstation and Xbox.

Bashing:

(On Phil Harrison – from our non-Sony-hateful message boards)

Quoting Moogs]F*** Him. I hope that a**hole reads all this. And I hope he dies, too.

I mean, at least Ken Kuturagi is an obvious nutcase that everyone can laugh at. Two more masterpeices from the man himself: "PS3 is too cheap" and "THE DUAL SHOCK 3 CAME FROM MY MIND".

This guy, though, you want to punch him in the face as soon as he opens his mouth!

I can't recall a post similar to the one above, which is a regular commodity here in VGC, directed towards Nintendo that doesn't come from me (Which has been a while, actually...)

When Tendo said VGC was bashing the company when it was sucking, my obvious reaction was, "Um, when, where?," and thus my one-line post came about... which I now see has grown into another monster entry. ****.

Posted by Speedfreak

Jesse needs to figure out an easy way of answering specific parts of someone's post when they've quoted you numerous times... I've got 3 VGC windows open right now just so I can remind myself of the context of everything you've quoted. Anyway...

[quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#9acd32]How am I supposed to know that, especially when you didn't show your dislike for the name in the one thread about the Wii name?[/COLOR][/FONT]

...I don't understand the question. How are you supposed to know what? Know that I had a negative reaction? Because I bloody said so, that's why. Short of searching through days (now months) old chat logs, how else can I prove it? That's my answer and I have witnesses, like it or lump it.

On Tendo's post: I do actually believe he repeated himself. Simply because a) He didn't give any clue as to what "Nintendo sucking" might mean other than the name change, and b) he wasn't a member of VGC when Nintendo were making any major decisions that could be described as "sucking". As of 2004 the home console battle was decided and I don't remember him having a negative reaction of any kind to DS. What else has happened since then? Only Wii.

At any rate, I take your point. I didn't actually notice he repeated himself when I first read it.

I think the distinction between bashing and a negative reaction is rather pedantic, and I don't really agree with your examples either. In my opinion calling an entire company insane is bashing, and what I said about Phil Harrison is simply something beyond that.

Still, my reaction to Wii's name is much closer to bashing than a simple negative reaction to go by your rules. I distinctly remember ranting, in fact.

[quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#9acd32]I can't recall a post similar to the one above, which is a regular commodity here in VGC, directed towards Nintendo that doesn't come from me (Which has been a while, actually...)[/COLOR][/FONT]

In fairness, when was the last time Nintendo (or any company on the face of the Earth, for that matter) came out with anything remotely like the crap Phil Harrison comes out with? Even tons of Sony fans hate the guy.

[quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=#9acd32]When Tendo said VGC was bashing the company when it was sucking, my obvious reaction was, "Um, when, where?," and thus my one-line post came about... which I now see has grown into another monster entry. ****.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Heh, well, you haven't been posting recently. It's summer now so I might aswell force some lengthy entries out of you.

Posted by TendoAddict

I said in a general tense that we bash and take in like we see them. We all bash nintendo when it does bad. Im a hard core fan and I have no problem with saying things. Im sure other fans and such bashed nintendo to some degree when they do bad.

Saying things like

Quoting Big Boss]

Posted by Speedfreak

If I've said it once I've said it a billion times, games like Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Rogue Squadron and Indiana Jones would have been IMPOSSIBLE with CDs. The rest of the N64 used the best 3D technology available.

Putting my brother's and my GC game collections together, we have over 40 titles. And we only buy decent games, no dodgy movie tie-ins and no roster updates from EA.

Last Fog, you're apparantly blind. In this very thread I called the GBA link-up one of Nintendo's worst decisions.

I don't know why I bother with you, you never seem to have a clue what's going on in the industry anyway.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Last Fog: Alright, even if TendoAddict was only talking about the name Wii in that post when he mentioned Nintendo sucking (it clearly didnt seem that way), it would still be a contradiction.

How?

[quote]Nintendo has generally been "sucking" for years IMO, starting with their biggest mistake of sticking to old technology on N64. Then gamecube was an utter disappointment as well, with enough great games to count on one hand. and focus on stupid **** like the GBA link up and that adapter to play gameboy on TV.

So what you'r mad about is that you feel nintendo did get b!tched at enough for their fallacies. Would it make it feel beter if we threw rotten tomatoes at nintendo? Does it really change anything?

What other people really have to say is not the point. What it means to the induvidual is the point. If it's bad to you will it still be bad to you if people dont voice you'r opinion as loudly as you think it should be voiced?

No.

[quote] but as soon as another company comes out with a lame gimmick you never hear the end of it

Name one gimmick we bashed that wasnt nintendo that we bashed for no good reason.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting TendoAddict: How?I clearly just said how.

[quote]So what you'r mad about is that you feel nintendo did get b!tched at enough for their fallacies. Would it make it feel beter if we threw rotten tomatoes at nintendo? Does it really change anything?

What other people really have to say is not the point. What it means to the induvidual is the point. If it's bad to you will it still be bad to you if people dont voice you'r opinion as loudly as you think it should be voiced?

No.I couldnt care less what anyone says about what, but you said that people actually talk bad about Nintendo, and thats bull****.

[quote]Name one gimmick we bashed that wasnt nintendo that we bashed for no good reason.
Are you kidding me? There's been numerous threads over the past couple months complaining about every single thing Sony does. Not to say there weren't with good reason.

[quote]If I've said it once I've said it a billion times, games like Ocarina of Time, Mario 64, Rogue Squadron and Indiana Jones would have been IMPOSSIBLE with CDs. The rest of the N64 used the best 3D technology available.How the hell do you figure that? Even if thats true, cheaper software prices and developer support would have more than made up for it.

[quote]Putting my brother's and my GC game collections together, we have over 40 titles. And we only buy decent games, no dodgy movie tie-ins and no roster updates from EA.By decent you mean able to be played? When I go in a store I'll be suprised to find even 30 gamecube titles. I dont care what anyone says, take away the handful of good 1st party games and gamcube is virtually worthless.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Last Fog]By decent you mean able to be played? When I go in a store I'll be suprised to find even 30 gamecube titles. I dont care what anyone says, take away the handful of good 1st party games and gamcube is virtually worthless.

No, I mean decent, you ignoramus. Just flicking through NGC I can see the first 29 titles have recieved the Star Game award (a score of over 90%), and the next 61 are all 80% or higher. That's exactly 100 titles that could quite rightfully be called "decent".

Thank you and goodbye.

Posted by TendoAddict

Quoting Last Fog: I clearly just said how.

No , I dont understand my supposed contradiction.

[quote]I couldnt care less what anyone says about what, but you said that people actually talk bad about Nintendo, and thats bull****.

Are you Serous? No really are you?

Where were you when they said Wii would use friend codes? Im pritty sure people were talking bad about nintendo then, including myself.

What about when they name Wii was released? I dont remember people kissing Ninty's feet. No , Im pritty sure we had a negaive responce.

How about when nintendo basically skipped online play for the game cube? When they said no one wanted online play. Not only did nintendo royaly screw up but we made point to say how stupid they were.

So you can say people are not as negative to nintendo or Not negative enough in you'r eyes.

But saying no one talks bad about Nintendo at all is a flat out lie

[quote]Are you kidding me? There's been numerous threads over the past couple months complaining about every single thing Sony does. Not to say there weren't with good reason.

Well I did say that I wanted point that werent for a good reason. Even you said they were for good points. I dont remember a time of disaproval for things that were not bad.

But Ill take sony as a point anyways.

The current anger at sony is not due to one thing but a ton of little things. They have done alot of things to make people mad. When they keep doing things we get angryer and angryer.

Now when they do some thing it is take on with a heaver judgement due to their past fallicies being fresh in mind.

So far sonys record since E3 has be nothing of what we exspect from the leader in the industry to have.

Posted by Last Fog

[QUOTE=TendoAddict]Where were you when they said Wii would use friend codes? Im pritty sure people were talking bad about nintendo then, including myself. http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=13496&highlight=friend+codes

Nearly everyone in that thread had the usual reaction of , "well, it could be better, but Nintendo knows what they're doing, so it's all good", including yourself.

[quote]What about when they name Wii was released? I dont remember people kissing Ninty's feet. No , Im pritty sure we had a negaive responce.But I thought it was only a name? At least thats what everyone said. :cookie:

And a few days later it started to "grow" on everyone anyhow.

[quote]How about when nintendo basically skipped online play for the game cube? When they said no one wanted online play. Not only did nintendo royaly screw up but we made point to say how stupid they were.The only thing I ever remember being mentioned about that is someone arguing that it was downright impossible for gamcube to have online play because how it was designed so its not their fault. Well guess what it should have been built differently then!

All I'm trying to say is its blatently obvious that this entire forum and the majority of its members are biased toward Nintendo. Not that I have a big problem with that, but just admit it. Just look at the boards, there's one for every Nintendo platform in existence, and just a single Playstation and Xbox board. Theres a ****ing virtual boy board on this site.

I'm pretty much done arguing because its never going to change, it hasnt for the past few pages of littering this thread. Feel free to get the last word in though.

THIS SITE GREW FROM A SITE CALLED "WORLD OF NINTENDO".

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Last Fog]All I'm trying to say is its blatently obvious that this entire forum and the majority of its members are biased toward Nintendo. Not that I have a big problem with that, but just admit it.

We acknowledged this ages ago. There's a massive difference between saying "a lot of people here are Nintendo fans" and "Everyone here is a Nintendo fanboy because they think I'm a jackass for bashing Nintendo because 'M!!' isn't innovative".

Posted by TendoAddict

I think people are giving to much thought into !!M. I really just think its just to stop posible mis use of Wii upside down. Some people are making mountains out of mole hills.

To fog:

Of course this Fourm has been primaily nintendo. Wings pritty much said why. You said we never said Nintendo got bad mouthed . It is a lie but you are right in the aspect that their mistakes go by easyer then mistakes made by other companys. So as soon as nintendo messes up Ill be the first one to bad mouth it ;).

Posted by s0ul

Quoting TendoAddict: I think people are giving to much thought into !!M. I really just think its just to stop posible mis use of Wii upside down.

What the hell? Like what?

Posted by Arwon

Like any company who wants to trade in on association with the name to boost sales of whatever crap it's peddling. Kinda like how there are similar-named generic knock-off brands aping many electronics companies.

A label of !!M which looked very similar to the Wii graphic except upside down could potentially be used to fool dumb people into buying things thinking they're Nintendo products. It's not a huge risk, but it's sensible to take the name before some other bright spark does.