Chapter 24-Shadows of the past

Posted by Wally The Weird

Sorry if this seems rushed. I think it's short, but it just seemed that way to me because of what I use to type these things up.

-----------Shadows of the past-------------------
"Hey, Kayne!" Mateo asked. He was walking down the ship, and had come across the dragoon, who was dozing off. Kayne had been sleeping like a bat, his talons gripping a pipe line while he dangled down, the majority of his body above eye level, but his head and collar were perfectly visible.
"Huh-wha?" Opening his eyes slwoly and groggily, he turned and met with his new found team mate. "Oh it's you, uhhh. ummmm-" He was at a lack of words, and Mateo cut him off.
"Mateo, and Septero. We never got a chance to fully introduce ourselves." Mateo responded cheerfuly. Kayne looked at him oddly. This was the first time Mateo noticed his armor was off, and he was in normal street cloathes.
"Yeah, alright. I suppose you seem alright." Releasing his talons, Kayne flipped down and landed perfectly on the ground. "Listen, sorry abotu the sword thing. I was supposed to be in their scouting to make sure it was safe, and when I saw it, well, sticky fingers got the best of me. No hard feelings?" He asked, walking over to a cooler and picking out a rootbeer for himself and tossing one to Mateo.
"S'coo man." Mateo replied, catching the soda with ease and openeing it. Taking a drink, he paused for a moment. "Thats rather impressiv,e beign able to support yourself on those talons. Is that how you always sleep?" Mateo asked.
"Well, yeah. Every Doro everywhere sleeps like that. Rathe uncomfortable to roll over on one of these things." Kayne said, gesturing to his wing.
"You're Doro? I thought they had two wings. What, did you loose one in a poker match?" Mateo asked jokingly. Kayne shook his head and chuckled at the joke.
"Nope, don't know really. Can;t remember a thing about my life before the monestary." Kayne responded, taking a long cool drink from his soda after words. "So far as I know, I could have though."
"Monestary? I htink we should start over. You tell me about yourself, and we'll go from their okay? That way i won;t miss somethign important like you are deadly allergic to rootbeer or something."
"Yeah alright." Kayne said, throwing away his soda can and taking a seet on the ground. Mateo did the same. "Well, like I said, I am a Doro. About seven years ago, I was found by a monestary on a sub-world of Hollow-somehting or another. Anyway, they were a sect of dragoons, who took me in. They tought me how to fight like them, which was amazingly easy. Somehow, I already knew how to fight, and they tought me stuff that was basically the same stuff, all based on speed." Kayne said.
"Bizzare."
"Tell me about it. Anyway, about five years ago, I completed my training, and became a full-fledged shinobi." He said, Mateo looked at him with a weird face. "Just kdding. Nah, I became a dragoon, got my own armor and lance, and became a diciple of the sky Dragon Aethra. I think they chose him because of my being just about the only doro to live outside of one of the major cities." Kayne sighed. "Like I mentioned, I am a Doro, and as you can see, I only have one wing. I can't fly, but it does wonders for my jumping, and it does allow me to glide at least." Kayne paused for a moment.
"So, how do you fight? Auries got her white magic and that sword, you;ve seen mine and Septeros sword, and Eiyuu has his keyblades." Mateo asked. Kayne turned and looked at him with a weird look on his face.
"Who the heck is Septero? They told me you had dark powers, but they never mentioned summoning." Kayne asked and then jumped to his own conclusion. Mateo chuckled, and then raised his necklace up.
"This. This is the necklace that grants me Septero. He a gaurdian of Atlantis, the gaurdian of darkness to be precise. He is also the care-taker to this-" Mateo summoned tide and allowed Kayne to look at it before de-summoning it. "-And the great sea dragon Levithan." Kayne let out a yelping sound that sounded like he was trying to say 'What?"
"Did you say-Leviathan?!" Kayne asked. Mateo nodded. "Dude! Levithan is one of the four Great Dragons of this world! Theres him, Aethra, Gleba, and Incendo! And you;re telling me that your alternate personality knows him?!" Kayne started freaking out, but in a good way, not a bad way.
"Not just that, but even merged with him. Pretty cool huh?" Mateo asked. Kayne was just about ready to pop under all this excitment. Kayne still couldn;t beleive it.
"Kewl?! Thats freakign amazing!" Kayne gasped. "Well, anyway, I fight dragoon style. Mostly I stick to dragon magic, which is usualy either a pyro based technique, or a fancy physical attack, as well as jumping and using my spear, and a few Kayne originals. I also tend to use a lot of Aethra's wind magic. Pretty powerful stuff i fI do say so myself." Kayne responded. "As for meeting the group, well, Aurie and her freinds, as well as the keyblader," Kayne seemed to cringe at saying this. "-saved my life from a swarm of heartless."
"Why did you say 'The Keyblader'?" Mateo asked.
"I refuse to call him by name! Anyone who uses the keyblade is not to be trusted!" Kayne quickley defended himself, raising up off the ground. Jumping, he grabbed onto the same pole again with his hands this time, and through a series of acrobats, ended up standing on top of it.
"What do you mean? Eiyuu is a nice guy, and the keyblade is a tool for good. Why can't he be trusted if he uses it?" Mateo asked not bothering to get up. He was comfey where he was.
"Look, Mateo, you;re a nice guy, and I respect you, and have just about boundless admiration for Septero now." Kayne began, pacing back and forth on the pole with astonishing grace. "My world, or where I was found anyway, was destroyed. I know the guy who did it wasn;t Eiyuu, because he was much larger, and wore a heavy suit of armor. Ever since that day, however, not only have I been on a quest to restore the monestary, but I have also been on a quest to hunt down and destroy the keyblade in all it's forms, and those who would oppose me. You say it is a tool for good? Then why, at the battle today, was their three keybladers, only one of which was actually trying to save others?" Kayne asked this question, and Mateo had to admit, their were a few 'bad' keybladers out there. " I only manage to tolerate your freinds presence with me because Aurie asked me to." Mateo was watching him while looking up.
"So, you steal because you want to restore your home, which I guess is an ok reason." Mateo began, getting up from his comfey floor. " And you are trying to destroy the keyblade, and those who use it, because a few badguys use them to further the cause of evil, or whatever?" Mateo had gotten up, and began walking towards the exit. "Well Kayne, it's a pleasure to get aquainted with you. Next time I'll have to share myself with you." As he approached the exit, Mateo stopped. "Oh, and Kayne. One of the keyblade users today was Eiyuu's freind, beign controlled by an evil force. So really, their are more good ones then bad ones." Mateo told Kayne.
Swooping down, but keeping his talons firmsly on the pole, Kayne was once again upside down. Before Mateo left, he spoke again. "Mateo-" He paused, waiting for Mateo's attention. "-The dark knight, the one who destroyed my world-"
"-He used a keyblade."

---------------------On the control deck-----------------------------------------
"****itall!" Anara cursed as she tossed the controller in a fit of rage. "You;ve got an arm broken and I'm still loosing?!" She screamed at Eiyuu, who was smilign, admiring the truley priceless look on Anara's face as she stormed off.
"Hey! Cap'n Renai! Where are we headed to today?" Eiyuu yelled to the control room, which was only a few yards away. He laughed as he, once again, walloped the computer in another match.
"We're headed to the planet with the Doro city we visited a while back. You remember that one?" Aurie told him as she sat down. "They have rather powerful psychics as I recall, and they might be able to help us find Vecks, or maybe tell us somehting about why Mateo was abducted for a year." She explained.
RUMBLE! The ship shook violently for a moment. "Hey guys!" Renais yeleld to them. "By 'land' you didn;t specify where and how right? A crash would be ok by you?" She asked. Mateo walked in to the room about that time.
"Look, Renai," Mateo began. "Considering our track record with this ship, I think I would be more worried if we actually landed safley for once." Mateo chuckled as he sat down and strapped himself in. Kayne came walking up the bridge at this point.
"Are we crashing again? Come on guys, I;ve been with you for, what? a month? And already I've been through more crashes then a hippy? Whats this thing made out of, gummi bears?" He asked as he too sat down, strapped himself in, and joined the Smash Bro's pwn fest.
"Well actually-" Before Aurie could finish, the ship suddenly lurched as it began it's rapid decent. The ship rocketed, litteraly, for the ground. Renai had to swerve drastically to avoid collesion with the Doro city, and missed it completley. The gummi ship landed with a rather violent thud on the ground.
After they had settled, the ship lurched again. "Crap!" Eiyuu said. He had gotten up form his seat and looked at the scanners. "We've got Toad people at, uhhhhh-" Looking at the scanners again, Eiyuu let out a sigh. "Well, all-o-clock I guess." Summoning his keyblades, Eiyuu charged for the door, before he remembered his arm was broken, and was only holding one of the keyblades.
"Face it keyblader." Kayne began. "You're useless without your arm. I may not like you, but I like being alive more then I hate you, and right now, you;re more of a liability out here, especially against these broken ones and their resistance to light and dark." Kayne explained. Eiyuu didn't care to admit it, but Kayne had a point.
"Alright Kayne, thats enough." Aurie began. "Look, can't we just take them out with the ships auto guns Renai?" Aurie asked. Renai shook her head.
"First of all, they would have been knocked out in the crash. Second of all, this gummi-turkey of a ship doesn't HAVE auto-guns. I meant to install them, but I wasn;t finsihed yet." She explained. Aurie sighed.
"Then we'll take the fight to them!" Kayne said. His armor materialized on him, and he summoned his lance in the same way Eiyuu summons his blades, and Mateo summons tide. Mateo nodded, and switched with Septero.
"Let's go!"
----------------------Battle with the Ner-Yah----------------------------------
"Ooo, they look good enough to eat!" One ner-yah said to another as it inspected it's prey, The others agreed and wet their mouths. However, Kayne responded.
"Sorry, I don't care for Frog legs." He taunted back at them. It was at this point that he, and all of the others realized, the ner-yah all had their backs turned! They were had encloased around what the group could make out was a small group of people.
"We've got to help them!" Aurie said. Septero and Kayne nodded. Anara instead, jumped right into the fray. Going breserk, she unleashed a flurry of enraged attacks that took down a few of the ugly toads with realative ease.
Kayne, Septero, Aurie and Renai all charged. Kayne jumped high into the air, and vanished from sight. Septero summoned tide. Weilding his blade with impressive form and style, he slashed and took the head off of a Ner-Yah with one stroke, and proceeded onto the next. Aurie drew her sword, and stabbed another, and then slashed the blade free. Renai did somehting new.
"Don't tell me you forgot about them now?" She asked Aurie. Renai reached into her pack, and pulled out a bottle of water, and a lighter. Cloasing her eyes, Renai concentrated for a moment. Clapping her hands together suddenly, a bright light filled the area. When it faded, her eyes were open, and the bottle was empty. "Boom." She said. Lighting the lighter, the fire wound and spun and went through the ranks of the Ner-Yah like a firey snake with incredible speed, before stopping, and exploding violently.
Right afterwords, a sreak of light filled the air, as something like a shooting star sot to the ground, and impaled a Ner-Yah, before releasing a massive amount of energy, taking out several others. "This is how we do it!" Kayne said, raising from his now corspe filled hole in the ground he just made with his jump attack.
"Dragon Breath!" Kayne said. Exhaling all of the air form his lungs, he then inhaled as much as he possibly could, and then held it in. Several Ner-Yah encloased around him. Exhaling again, tis time breathing intense fire, Kayne burned all of his close enemies to a fine crisp. Kayne smirked as he picked up his lance, and started makign his way through the ranks.
--------------------------Shadows--------------------------------------------------
The battle won, the group cheered to the victory music, and then made their way to the people they had just helped.
"Oh thank you so much kind sirs! How can we ever repay you?" They asked. Kayne was standing their, and seemed to even be gloating over their wonderous victory, eyes cloased as he posed.
"Why it was nothign ma'am!" He proclaimed. Opening his eyes and facing the people he just saved, he continued. "It was all in...the...line of...work?" He had slowed, and eventualy stopped as though he was askign a question. The people were so happy, they were a family, a mother, a father, and a baby in the mothers arms, they all had green eyes, and were wearing farmer cloathing. They had brown hair, medium build, and were smiling broadly at the group.
Not to mention, they were heartless.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They really aren't though.

Posted by Arcadios

The chapter had nice detail and pivotal plot point but it lacked in combat.
I give it a 5/7 and 2 thumbs up outta 4.
Remember that Renai can also use metal alchemy just with a clap of her hands and the Highwind is made up of metals and gummis.
It's a good thing Eiyuu didn't fight since his broken arm, it shows weakness which we need at the moment.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

How about this, since you have the next chapter.....lets say all the guys get kidnapped by a bunch of whatever toad people and it's up to Aurie, Anara, Renai, and Keira to save them.
This idea is total bull**** but I can careless what you do in your chapter cause I have no say...cause it's your chapter just like you have no say for my chapter, Riku's chapter and Wally's chapter.

Posted by Sak

Very good job Wally, I think your best yet. It's just gonna be hard for me to build offa this one again. Oh well, I'll think of something.

Mr.N, the whole story doesn't have to revolve around combat and stuff.
And Renai did use alchemy to cause the explosion :)

Besides, with the up-coming chapters you and Riku will be making involving a tournament, don't you think that will be an awful lot of fighting THERE?

Maybe I should have gone longer with the chapter, cause remember, they aren't heartless, and are in no way shape or form evil. They look like heartless, and even have some of their powers (Mostly large scale, mass teleport) as an evolutionary change. They adapted to camoflauge to avoid detetection by the heartless.

Or somehting.

P.S: WEWT to Kairi!

Posted by Arcadios

I know but since Riku's going to do most of the fighting it's gonna be harder for him. Wally, are you doing the fight with Markus and Kayne yet?

Gimmie a ***-****ed minute! I only just woke up for crying out loud!
*yawn*
4:30 A.M is an early bedtime...Techincally anyway.

Posted by Arcadios

lol I went to sleep a 2:30 am and woke up at 1:30pm and just recently took a shower and I'm eating breakfest/lunch right now.

Posted by Riku Dark Badass

so hey guys house it been going? Nice chapter Wally i liked it a lot great job