Taking apart optical mouse

Posted by Kanashuri

Anyone know how to take apart an optical mouse that has no screws on the outside?

Posted by Nemesis

is that the one with the ball onthe bottom?

if so take out the ball. maybe there are screws inside

Posted by Kanashuri

No....an optical mouse is the one with the little laser on the bottom >.>

Posted by sniper

Look under the little pads on the bottom made to make it glide easier.

Posted by higbvuyb

Don't bother taking it apart unless ithas parts inside you need, it's a waste. It doesn't look 'cool' or anything inside, if you thought so.

Posted by Kanashuri

Thank you sniper the screws were under the pad. and no hig I needed to clean it out -.- *smacks with fan*

Posted by higbvuyb

why do you have to clean out an optical mouse? and have fun putting the pads back on.

Posted by sniper

Heh, maybe I should have mentioned that. Ah well, nothing a bit of glue can't fix.

Posted by Jezex

why? is it broken? btw backwards engineering is illegal...

Posted by loony636

I have been using optical mice since they first came out. I have NEVER had to take mine apart. I just had to clean the dirt of the underneath of them. I don't see why you would want to take it apart. Just out of interest, why are you taking it apart?

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Quoting loony636: Just out of interest, why are you taking it apart?

[Quote=Kanashuri]and no hig I needed to clean it out
rawr

Posted by higbvuyb

Why would you need to open up an optical mouse to clean it? All you have to clean is the pads.

Posted by loony636

The only reason you would need to clean it is if there was dirt on the bottom of the mouse. If that is the case then just clean it off. If dirt magically got inside the mouse, then I would get a new mouse becuase ordinary mice are not mean't to do that.