Brain Training

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I love this little thing. Love it to bits.

I got my brain age down to 20 - finally - yesterday, after having it for a week and a half. The best thing is that it actually works with things like maths. Whoo.

The only annoying thing that I've found, so far, is the Reading Aloud test. I have to progressively slow down my reading so that it can actually measure me. >.<

Posted by protomanv4

Quoting Wings: I love this little thing. Love it to bits.

I got my brain age down to 20 - finally - yesterday, after having it for a week and a half. The best thing is that it actually works with things like maths. Whoo.

The only annoying thing that I've found, so far, is the Reading Aloud test. I have to progressively slow down my reading so that it can actually measure me. >.<

Wow you are good I got my game for three weeks and I still can't get my brain age down to 20. Got any tips?

Just use it every day and practice on every minigame. You can also kinda cheat for the brain age test - if you hold Select while tapping the Brain Age Check icon you can choose which tests you do. I don't do it, as I want accurate results, but if you just want to lower your brain age, go for that.

Posted by Abby Ratso

How much does this game cost? im not paying 30 bucks to go to school

Posted by Drewboy64

Brain Training is a lot more fun than it might sound, trust me.

Posted by Abby Ratso

Thank you for not answering my question.

How much does it cost

You can find that out yourself, very easily. It costs £20 over here - usually, a DS game is £30.

And if you've got that attitude you're not going to enjoy it. :)

Posted by Colonel

This game is gold. I got it for about $12 when i traveled over to the States.

OH BALLS I HAVEN'T DONE MY BRAIN TRAINING TODAY AND IT'S TEN PAST 11 PM

Posted by Colonel

oh no, he's gonna yell at you for being up that late.

Posted by Lord of Spam

If I want a game to make me feel retarded, I'll play chess while high.

Hehe. It makes you feel smart, though. It's odd - I feel like I could have done better on a program in it, and I feel like it was a rubbishtry - and I beat my highest score. This happens every day - I feel like I didn't do well, and yet I still did better than the day before.

Posted by Dexter

I just started yesterday and in my two days of brain training I've managed to reach age 40, which probably isn't that good. I’m sure it will get better. I don't know if I'll be able to reach age 20 in under 2 weeks, but I'll certainly be doing my best.

This was the first time I was ever exposed to a Sudoku puzzle. At first I didn't think I would be able to get into it so much, but after I learned a few secrets to figuring it out, I quickly started enjoying myself.

You'll get to 20/25ish very soon, if you play it every day.

Posted by Dexter

I fell back to age 60 just now! That's terrible. I am incredibly tired though and I just got off a 13 hour work day. I did better on some things and far worse on others. Hopefully I'll do better tomorrow.

Is the actual brain age test the only thing that determines your brain age or does the other little tests I go through matter in that regard? I usually go through the little test and after I do the rounds I go to the brain age test.

Well, the other tests to affect it, but not game-wise - the Brain Age test doesn't look at the results of the regular tests, but your brain should be better from doing them.

Posted by Colonel

How many stamps do you have?

Oh ***, I don't know. I've played it every day since I got it. Let me check.

Posted by s0ul

Ha, I got down to 21 on my second day. This game is... way more fun than I had imagined.

Posted by Colonel

lol I have 20 stamps.

!Minor Spoiler!

The worst game is triangle math.

Posted by Zeta

I played the Big Brain Academy demo at Wal-Mart today. I scored extremely high in Analyzing and extremely low in everything else. Except Thinking; some little faggot came over and started bugging me during the Thinking session, so I couldn't do it.

Big Brain Academy is different to Brain Training.

And .hack// - have you tried Head Count on Hard? Ugh.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting Wings: And .hack// - have you tried Head Count on Hard? Ugh.

yes!!!
those men move hella fast.

Posted by Dexter

There are difficulty settings? I guess I need more stamps to get that option.

I just got my brain age down to 32 today. That's a 30-year difference from yesterday. I know what you mean now by getting better although feeling like you did worse or the same. I felt like I did a basic job on the tests, but I ended up triumphing over many of my previous records.

Posted by Colonel

The only thing wronge with Brain Age is the colour game.

Blue. BLUE!.....BLUE **** IT I SAID BLUUUE!!!! :mad:

Posted by Dexter

I had that problem at first but I figured out that pronouncing the u more instead of the o helps. I think when I pronounce the o more it thinks I'm saying yellow.

There's no 'O' in 'blue'.

Posted by Dexter

Looks like I need more brain age. No, really though, I do think that the game occasionally thinks I'm saying yellow when I say blue.

I improved my brain age today to 28 and I completed 13% of the Sudoku puzzles. At first they were easy and I thought I was going to breeze right through them but they are really starting to get more difficult. I'm going to try and complete 20% by the end of the day. Has anyone gotten 100% in that part yet?

I also like how I am improving in the Word Memory game. I sucked at first but I am gradually getting better and better. I wonder if I will get to the point where I'll remember every word on the list! Has anyone been able to do that?

I haven't actually checked my brain age in a while, so the Word Memory is not one I've had to do. At first I was quite good at it, but then I suddenly stopped not being. And once I discovered how to select your own three tests in the Brain Age test, I haven't done it since. I really should get back to doing it randomly.
Usually I just do the puzzles.
At the moment my Su Doku is on about 18%, I think. I've yet to take more than 15 minutes to do one, but they are getting harder. I'm actually dreading unlocking the Expert level.

Posted by Dexter

Today is my 7th day of brain training and I just got my age to 24. I feel pretty good about that, actually. This happened without me choosing the tests, too. I feel myself and notice myself improving the most in the Word Memory test. I remembered 26 of the words just now. When I started I could only get about 12 of them, so that is an impressive improvement.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Dexter: Today is my 7th day of brain training and I just got my age to 24. I feel pretty good about that, actually. This happened without me choosing the tests, too. I feel myself and notice myself improving the most in the Word Memory test. I remembered 26 of the words just now. When I started I could only get about 12 of them, so that is an impressive improvement.

yeah whatever noob, fourth day and I'm rocking the 20.

Posted by Colonel

Quoting s0ul: yeah whatever noob, fourth day and I'm rocking the 20.

Oh hell, 3 months and I have 25

Posted by Bebop

I got mine in the post today. I havent tried it yet as I havent had beakfast yet.

Posted by Dexter

Today marks the first day I got 100% correct on the Word Memory test. I have not been this impressed with myself when it comes to conquering a gaming goal for a long time. It seemed as though the more difficult part was actually being able to write them all out in time. I kept messing up my letters and having to try again. I think I had only 2 seconds left when I finished.

My brain age is 23. Do you guys choose your tests? If so, which tests do you find the easiest to reach age 20? I might choose my tests tomorrow and go with the ones I'm best at and see where it gets me.

I'm also still going for 100% on the Sudoku puzzles. I have 22% done and will make more progress tomorrow at work.

Posted by Dexter

I finally got my Brain Age to 20. I jumped from 23 to 20. I also unlocked the advance Sudoku puzzles and everything else. I'm about 41% through all the Sudoku puzzles. I'm still playing it, trying to defeat my previous scores and attempting to get 100% on the Sudoku puzzles.

I haven't bothered with Brain Training all month. I should get back into it. :P

Posted by Dexter

We could post some of our records up and try to see who comes up as #1.

Calculations 20: 18 secs

Calculations 100: 2 min 3 sec

Low to high: 45 points

Triangle Math: 42 secs

Voice Calculations: 1 min 4 secs

These don't feel very good to me because I frequently conquer them. I'm sure I could make all of these better in the next couple days if I try. Give me a reason to try!

Posted by Aesthetic

[quote=s0ul]yeah whatever noob, fourth day and I'm rocking the 20.

It's typically easier for people younger than the age of 20 to get to that goal in Brain Age, since you're, you know, still in school and all. It's probably why it only took me five days to get there (though I'm not in school and am not too far away from being 20 :(). It is a pretty fun game, though. I liked drawing the kangaroo :cool:

Posted by muffla

would you people say that brain age is better than big brain acadmy because my friend has big brain acadamy, and i played and didnt really care for it

Brain Age is better than Brain Academy simply for longevity. Academy has some nice logic puzzles, but it just didn't keep me hooked.

Posted by Dexter

I can be so zany. I got 100% completion on the Sudoku puzzles. I really dedicated myself to the task. It was such a choir. It got extremely challenging during the advance puzzles. I've been dreaming Sudoku puzzles at night and waking up with a tired, worn out mind for the last couple days. I feel content with my accomplishments in this game now and feel I can venture off into some of my other DS games. I've barely been able to play Star Fox because I was feeling bad not finishing Brain Age first.

Quoting Dexter: It was such a choir.

Hah!

I still haven't completed all the Sudoku yet. I've not even completed the easy ones - whenever I set down to do one it doesn't take me more than 15 minutes, but I never really want to do another after that.

Posted by Dexter

I think my fastest one I did was about 11 minutes. That was one of the easier ones though. I got in such a hurry to finish them towards the advanced that when I got close to finishing them, I would start guessing and usually end them with 4 incorrect answers. Perfection was not exactly my aim, only completion.

If someone shared some of their tests scores, that might encourage me to play again to conquer them.

Choir

*checks his cart*

Best time is 4:47 on the second Basic puzzle.