Recommend Me Some Emo

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I'm not talking about Dashboard Confessional or any kind of crap like that, I need something with that punk flair and/or screaming, being unique helps as well. Scary Kids Scaring Kids is an example of what I'm looking for, as well as Panic! At the Disco.

Suggestions will be greatly appreciated but probably not rewarding.

Posted by Altinure

well considering panic at the disco isn't emo, i'd recommend you check out the genre of dance punk.

Well, I categorize Panic! At the Disco under the emo label because that's what most people in my area call them, and as I've only recently begun listening to them I haven't been properly consulted on them. However, now that you call them dance/punk, it makes much more sense.

But nonetheless, now my search is widened to emo and dance/punk. Anyone, please?

Posted by Raptor

The Prodigy - "Smack My Bitch Up"

Posted by Arwon

Les Savy Fav.

Posted by Klarth

You should try out Slipvayne Funeral For My Chemical Valentine.

Posted by Shade

^Best mix of crappy bands ever.

Bullet for my Valentine, Underoath, anything on 89x, etc etc...

Posted by Fate

Fall Out Boy, Lola Ray (kind of), and From First To Last (kind of but not really). I really like My Chemical Romance, actually.

Maybe you might like stuff that isn't emo but still cool, like Interpol or The Bravery.
:)

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Shade: ^Best mix of crappy bands ever.

Slipkorn of a Down Against The Puddle of Mudvaynescence

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Klarth: Slipkorn of a Down Against The Puddle of Mudvaynescence

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Klarth again." :(

Posted by Klarth

Green-Staind Funeral Bizkit 41 For My Crossfaded Slipkorn of a Chemical Valentine Park Against The Charlotte Chevelle Puddle of Hoobacubus Mudvaynescence For Soup 182

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Klarth: Green-Staind Funeral Bizkit 41 For My Crossfaded Slipkorn of a Chemical Valentine Park Against The Charlotte Chevelle Puddle of Hoobacubus Mudvaynescence For Soup 182

*** **** is that a mouthful. Wish they were still funny. :(

Eh, there is this new song I kinda like that just came out I think would be considered "Emo". It called "The Kill" by 30 seconds to Mars or whatever. Its funny how the vocalist for that band is a famous actor, and chooses a singing career.

Quoting Fate: Fall Out Boy, Lola Ray (kind of), and From First To Last (kind of but not really). I really like My Chemical Romance, actually.

Maybe you might like stuff that isn't emo but still cool, like Interpol or The Bravery.

And thank-you Fate, I will be checking all the above named bands immediatly.

Posted by Fate

If you AIM me, we could do some file-sharing.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Fate: Fall Out Boy, Lola Ray (kind of), and From First To Last (kind of but not really). I really like My Chemical Romance, actually.

I'm not too fond of the Bravery, But I thought the domino's music video was slightly entertaining.

Posted by Fate

I thought it was pretty artistic. :cool:

Posted by Shin-Ra

[url=http://www.myspace.com/thegetawaymusicthing]The Getaway[/url]. Despite what their page says, they have more of a punk influence than metal.

So you're looking for screamo or what? If you want straight up emo with a very "indie" (or whateverthe****) rock influence, listen to Bright Eyes. I personally hate, hate, HATE Bright Eyes, but I also don't like Emo or "indie rock" in general, so you might like it.

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Shade: ^Best mix of crappy bands ever.

Bullet for my Valentine, Underoath, anything on 89x, etc etc...

New underOATH is not emo but yeah get They're Only Chasing Safety... its a mix of emo/hardcore/christian music. Define The Great Line isnt emo though.

I can't stand real emo, though. Fake emo is okay.

Quoting Moogs: I can't stand real emo, though. Fake emo is okay.

I only go by what people classify this stuff as, I don't even bother getting involved in defining genres outside of the various metal genres, 'cause I love me some metal.

Again, thanks for the suggestions everyone, I've gotten pretty much everything and it all seems good from here. Thanks.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

holy **** most of the bands listed sucks.

the only "emo" (I can't tell the label well enough, so pardon any mistakes) that I like are Dashboard some, Snow Patrol, Coheed and Cambria, my chemical romance, the postal service, and . . . **** that band that the same singer as the postal service that I can't remember. .. and the starling line. I dunno. some of them can be like. . . alternative, I can't tell anymore

Posted by Fate

Holy ****, I forgot about The Postal Service. They're in my top 10.

Posted by mis0

Try some Linkin' Park. They're pretty emo.

Posted by Hyper

The Pillows are Japanese emo!

Posted by Ant

How is the Postal Service Emo?

Posted by Hyper

Because they're popular and fans of other pseudo-emo bands like them. Guilt by association.

Posted by Fate

Whatev. I just listen to songs I like. :cool:

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Fate: Whatev. I just listen to songs I like. :cool:

You and everyone else =/

Posted by Fate

Not necessarily. I know people that hate bands just because they are popular. :/

Posted by Klarth

I don't hate popular bands because they're bad, I hate bad bands because they're popular.

Posted by Raptor

If bands like Nickelsack, Crotchbox 20, or TheUsedSimpleSumCharlotteCardPlan weren't popular, I wouldn't hear enough of them to hate them for how bad they are!

Posted by mis0

Quoting Hyper: You and everyone else =/

It has been said, and I'm not accusing here, but limiting yourself strictly by genre is stupid. Like Fate, I listen to what I like. And mymusical tastes cover some of the popular culture, foreign, and lesser-known bands out there.

Whatever works for you.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Misoxeny: It has been said, and I'm not accusing here, but limiting yourself strictly by genre is stupid. Like Fate, I listen to what I like. And mymusical tastes cover some of the popular culture, foreign, and lesser-known bands out there.

Whatever works for you.

Yes. I know. It takes a ****ing idiot to listen to something they don't like just becuase it's cool, and it takes just as big of an idiot to bash music they know nothing about. It annoys me when people try to sound above the genre-labellers by saying "I don't care, as long as I like it." Genre-labellers obviously like what they listen to, and don't like/don't know of what they don't listen to, therefore, they classify to make it easier for them to discover/describe music. I don't see why people get ****ed when someone calls their favorite band something like nu-metal, emo, etc, whether they are or aren't. It's that person's (or the majority's) perception of the music.

Quoting Hyper: I don't see why people get ****ed when someone calls their favorite band something like nu-metal, emo, etc, whether they are or aren't. It's that person's (or the majority's) perception of the music.

Because they assume that you're calling their music ****ty because that's what the oppisite consensus generally is on music like nu-metal and emo, and etc. Well, from what I've seen at VGC and heard people do at school at least.

Posted by Hyper

The following is very opinionated:

[quote]Because they assume that you're calling their music ****ty because that's what the oppisite consensus generally is on music like nu-metal and emo, and etc. Well, from what I've seen at VGC and heard people do at school at least.

Because, generally, it is. There's also genre labelling for good music as well. If everyone thought metal sucked, and called something I liked metal, I wouldn't care, because it's what I like regardless of the name. It's still the proper name for it, though.

Quoting Hyper: Because, generally, it is. There's also genre labelling for good music as well. If everyone thought metal sucked, and called something I liked metal, I wouldn't care, because it's what I like regardless of the name. It's still the proper name for it, though.

I agree of course, I was just answering what you said. =D

Posted by Delilah

"Tournaquet" by Evanescence. Thats a good emo song. Also, "Changes" by 3 Doors Down. And anything and everything by Aiden.

Posted by muffla

http://www.break.com/index/emokid.html

great song