EGM: dawn of stupidity?

Posted by Drewboy64

So, basically, EGM is full of stupid people. They used to be good but... Well, when they say that Metroid Prime Hunters relies too much on the touch screen, or that Wii games look like last generation games... It sort of makes me want to poop up in their mouths. Yup.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I can think of a thousand and one ways to improve Metroid Prime through the touch screen.

But how could someone even compare most of the Wii games to last generation?

90% of them aren't even played in the same style! It's a different **** controller too!

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Sean the Wicked]
But how could someone even compare most of the Wii games to last generation?
By looking at the graphics, obviously.

Posted by Last Fog

Yeah EGM was a good magazine until they called a Nintendo product something other than perfect!

Seriously, if you're fanboy, just stick with a biased magazine like Nintendo power. That way you cant get offended!

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: or that Wii games look like last generation games...

Yeah, what's up with that? They look worse than last-gen games. EMG just isn't on the ball lately.

Posted by Axis

Well, they spoke the truth. What's the big deal. Most Wii games don't look any better than last generation games (GCN, PS2, XBX). It really doesn't help when most of you say they look comparable to 360 games.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

I thought the whole point of the Wii was to be innovative and fun without wasting time and system power trying to beat the 360 and PS3 in the graphics department?

Am I missing something?

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Drewboy64: So, basically, EGM is full of stupid people. They used to be good but... Well, when they say that Metroid Prime Hunters relies too much on the touch screen, or that Wii games look like last generation games... It sort of makes me want to poop up in their mouths. Yup.

They're just full of people who don't share the fanboyism that you do. Its simple, really.

Posted by Klarth

Solution: Don't be a graphics whore and don't read ****ty magazines.

The only time I've been recently ****ed off with a magazine was with the newest issue of Edge - They criticised Nintendo's press conference and made no notice of ANY of Sony's blunders, and went on and on about how much they were looking forward to PS3.

sO hErE's ThIs GiAnT eNeMy CrAb

Posted by Speedfreak

...Metroid Hunters uses the touch screen too much. That doesn't even make sense as a complaint. It's like saying Half-Life uses the mouse too much.

Posted by Klarth

Or saying that a game is too much fun.

Posted by Speedfreak

In other news, their rumour section states that many many developers are shifting development from PS3 to Wii because of cost and development issues. That and Star Wars Wii. lolololollo

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Indeed. Since the death of GameFan Magazine (God rest Monitaur's giant blue soul), I've found EGM to be the least biased magazine, especially compared to the likes of gae informer.

Posted by maian

I like EGM. It's always been my favorite.

Gamepro sucks. Nintendo Power sucks even more. It's pretty hard to get worse than NP.

Posted by Bebop

Reminds me of an article on [url]www.ukresistance.co.uk[/url]

Something like "EGM gave Animal Crossing:Wild World a smaller score than the original, EVEN THOUGH IT IS BETTER IN EVERY SINGLE POSSIBLE WAY!"

Posted by Fate

I think what EGM meant by MP:H relying too much on the touch screen is most likely that the screen acted as more of a gimmick than a game enhancer. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

But that's ridiculous. The touch screen offers mouse-like aiming control and it's amazingly accurate. It's no more a gimmick than using a mouse for a PC FPS is.

Posted by brownoystercult

if i'm not mistaken you all liked egm for showing all this zelda **** and praising it.

and if there's one minorly negative comment about anything nintendo related, you dislike the magazine. the most of you are fanboys that should shut the **** up.

Posted by Fate

Quoting Speedfreak: But that's ridiculous. The touch screen offers mouse-like aiming control and it's amazingly accurate. It's no more a gimmick than using a mouse for a PC FPS is.

My point was that maybe they were referring to unnecessary functions or something via the touch pad. I haven't played the game myself, so I wouldn't know. I'm just seeing a different way of interpreting it.

Posted by Drewboy64

the buttons on the touch scren aren't gimmicks, they are necessary, because otherwise you'd have to reach over and hit the buttons that are hard to reach.

And remember, EGm gave halo 2 straight tens.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, so what if it gave it straight 10's? Does it make you mad that it does? If you're like other people out there, you wouldn't get your pants all tied up when a game scores straight 10s that you don't like. You aren't helping your arguement at all.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Speedfreak: But that's ridiculous. The touch screen offers mouse-like aiming control and it's amazingly accurate. It's no more a gimmick than using a mouse for a PC FPS is.

Or the D-Pad is for Super Mario Bros 3

Posted by Fate

And Halo really does have an amazing multiplayer. :/

Posted by Speedfreak

If unbalanced and unfair multiplayer (respawning with a single SMG sure is fun!) and a shoddy, repetitive single player with an absolutely ridiculous storyline and sparse soundtrack passes for a perfect game in that magazine then fuck'em, to be honest.

The game has some quality about it, and it's definately one of the better FPSs I've played, but considering the sheer unoriginality of the entire genre it's really not saying much. I simply cannot understand how they could score such a game higher/as high as than the likes of Ocarina of Time whilst labelling an FPS that brings mouselook to consoles, nevermind just handhelds, a gimmicky game.

There are plenty of things wrong with Hunters, and it by no means deserves to be called "greatest FPS ever", but to put down it's shining feature as nothing more than an afterthought spells "payoff" or "fanboyism", in my opinion.

Such is the state of games journalism, to be honest.

Posted by adamhalo

na dont be to harsh on EGM every now and then they say somthing i dont agree with but they are still the best mag hands down. Obviously the wii is more powerful than the GC but not by that much (like the wii wont support HD resolutions) thus Nintendo keeping the price of the new system down and more so focusing on a new aproach of what gaming should evolve too. Even if the Wii was the exact same as the cube in power i wouldnt care its not always about graphics the wii is the example of this.

http://freewebs.com/grandeurgames

in the end: i'm getting free issues of egm, so who why should i gives two ****s?

Posted by Klarth

If someone was delivering free dog shit to your door on a daily basis, would you revel in the fact that you weren't having to pay for it?

I didn't think so.

i clearly stated: free issues of egm. IF I GET FREE ISSUES OF A GAMING MAGAZINE (YES I PLAY VIDEOGAMES FROM TIME TO TIME KLARTH) THEN WHY THE **** WOULDN'T I WANT THE ****ING MAGAZINE? BECAUSE THEY SAY ONE BAD THING ABOUT NINTENDO? OMG THE MAGAZINE HAS TO DIE. OMGOMGOMOGM. ZEEEEEEEEEELDAAAAAA~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by Drewboy64

I wish we had an american equivalent of Famitsu.

Oh, and EGM praised New SMB for being traditional, while saying it was bad because it wasn't new enough.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, I get the free issues like Roinkz. Have so for the past 2 years.

Posted by Last Fog

I don't care what any journalist's opinion is about any game, cause hey guys, ever realize it's just his opinion?

I read magazines to see new info and screenshots and rumors and whatnot, not to take offense over a writer's opinion on a game. To me it's like you're saying "oh no that bastard says metroid prime is a gimmick, but I reeaaallly like it, but now I cant play 'cause they said so". Who cares?