And once again, as per tradition...

Posted by Crono

Let the recommendations and voting on the choice of battlefield commence.

As usual, I'll stick with my wonderful island, completely isolated for hundreds of miles. I daresay Echo knows the location well enough by now...

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Ive always been fond of a Forest, with clearings from time to time.

Or desert bouts are always interesting.

Posted by Echo

Quoting Crono:
As usual, I'll stick with my wonderful island, completely isolated for hundreds of miles. I daresay Echo knows the location well enough by now...

Heh, I think that poor isle has weathered enough battles.

I've always enjoyed indoor battles, so how about a castle setting, complete with dungeon, torture chambers, etc. And, of course, a nice courtyard and surrounding gardens for a more outdoor setting. Perhaps a meadow and a clump of trees nearby.

Posted by S

I tend to enjoy indoor/outdoor mix settings. One of my favorite battle fields is a destroyed city, stuck in time at the hour of the pearl. The sun is stuck in the sky as it sets, in other words.

Posted by Strike

Meh. I'm boring. Plains of yay-high (indicates with hand) grass, scattered oaks, comfortable breeze...

Or a rocky shoreline complete with lighthouse and crashing waves.

Funny, I pick relaxing locations to let off battle steam. Is there a corrolation here?

Posted by S

Do you hate the calm that much Strike?

Posted by Crono

If only it was near the time of the first Thunder Style...the Halloween one we did in a haunted house, that was one of the better ones.

Posted by Strike

My favorite battle arena was with Ishy, both of us shrunken, inside a toilet bowl.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I'm no good at making decisions, but I've always found the plain fields and such boring. I like interactive environments, and stuff like what Lunair posted; broken down cities, temples, etc. Any kind of ruins.

I thoroughly enjoyed the temple battle between Strike and I in the original Clash of Legends or one of the foldspace battles with Frieza.

Posted by Crono

Quoting Chiaroscuro: I thoroughly enjoyed the temple battle between Strike and I in the original Clash of Legends or one of the foldspace battles with Frieza.

Now if only we knew where he went. LOL

Been a long while since I've seen him anywhere, the HGE against the united clans battle was the last time I saw him in action, and it died shortly after it took off.

Posted by Delve

I preffer an enviroment I can use as an advantage. An abandoned city sounds alright for me, might as well have it take place on an island.

Posted by S

Hmmm, good idea there Delve. What about a shattered city sinking into the ocean slowly, half submerged and at a tilt.

Posted by Delve

Just keep swimming. xD

Alright, that makes things more interesting. However, wouldn't that limit the time everyone has to kick *** and get off the island before they drown? As soon as the city sinks it will pull everyone down, due to gravity--yeah..I'm just a techincal thinker..>_>

Posted by Echo

Just say that it's sinking very, very slowly. As in, the city has been there for 100+ years (this can be set in the near future so we can use a modern city) and is only halfway down. And this battle will probably not take another 100+ years.

EDIT: Actually, second thought. Having the battle on a quickly sinking city would be kinda neat, too. Of course, there would have to be a nearby alternative to fight on if it does completely sink. Something like an island or large boat.

Posted by S

I meant initially what Echo was saying. Although if we fought while it sunk and it actually submerged... I'd have no problem. But some people could, I'm not sure. And anyway, going from something so exciting to something deserted seems a bit meh.

Posted by Delve

How about having the weather being the main cause? It rains so much that it's making the island sink..>_>

Posted by S

Or a storm so powerful that it's tearing the city apart and ripping the foundations beneath it, asunder?

Posted by Delve

Haha..the enviroment already seems so much climactic than the 'actual battle' itself.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Crono: Now if only we knew where he went. LOL

He doesn't write anymore. I haven't spoken directly with him in over a year, but I do know where he hangs out online.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Quoting Echo: Heh, I think that poor isle has weathered enough battles.

I've always enjoyed indoor battles, so how about a castle setting, complete with dungeon, torture chambers, etc. And, of course, a nice courtyard and surrounding gardens for a more outdoor setting. Perhaps a meadow and a clump of trees nearby.

I like this idea, but maybe put it up on top of a cliff or something, you know, Dracula style.

Or, how about:

A castle in the center of an abandoned destroyed city surronded by a forest on one side and plains on the other, on top of a slowly sinking island?!

Posted by Chiaroscuro

When are we going to decide, or at least narrow down enough choices for a poll?

Posted by Crono

http://vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=14692

Now sounds good.