decemberunderground

Posted by Blackacidevil

AFI's seventh album, released on 6/606 in America. One of my all time favorite cd's, anyone else listen to it?

Posted by Raptor

Do bands actually think they're cool by releasing albums on 6/6/06?

It's frightening to think they might sell more records that way.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Heh, I actually just came back from seeing them about two hours ago and got Hunter and Adam to sign a copy of my CD.

Great album, in my opinion.

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Heard two songs so far. It didn't sound as diverse as Sing the Sorrow, but It didn't sound bad either. It sounded more emo, though.

They're leaning further away from their punk roots and heading down a post-hardcore path (though the punk is still there). Which, usually involves a bit of emo, then again, they've kinda always had that in them. It's just been upfront these past two albums. But it actually doesn't really detract, since it's not the terrible "oh how I wanna cry, no one loves me", rather a more, um, heartfelt emo. I guess.

As for it being diverse, it's pretty much what you'd expect from AFI when it comes to diversity. You've got your pop-like songs, heavy/fast songs, slow songs, radio songs, etc.

Posted by Blackacidevil

Quoting Vampiro: Heh, I actually just came back from seeing them about two hours ago and got Hunter and Adam to sign a copy of my CD.

Great album, in my opinion.

on the 15th, at the kool house in toranto?

i was there also, tall guy long hair black and grey hat in the back standing with my girlfriend, amazing show.

dillenger escape plan was scary

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

[quote=Vampiro]But it actually doesn't really detract, since it's not the terrible "oh how I wanna cry, no one loves me", rather a more, um, heartfelt emo. I guess.That is true. It was more of a "hmm, interesting" thing for me than a "OH G0D GET IT OUT OF HERE" thing like emo usually is for me.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I wouldn't give it "the greatest cd ever" title...but I do like it.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

It's not bad, just got it today.
I'm actually suprised. I had very low hopes for this album *not sure why*, but I find myself enjoying it.

Quoted post: on the 15th, at the kool house in toranto?

i was there also, tall guy long hair black and grey hat in the back standing with my girlfriend, amazing show.

dillenger escape plan was scary

Yeah, that's the one. Too bad you never mentioned it beforehand.

As for Dillinger, I was actually kind of surprised to find out they'd be playing with AFI. I can understand Nightmare of You... but Dillinger is very different from AFI. But oh well, I like them and found they played really well.

Though, the whole show was almost ruined by two things: One, the fog/smoke. I took a few pictures and you can barely see the members because of all the fog. Also, the crowd was ****ing nuts. Probably one of the craziest pack of fans I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Posted by Hyper

Didn't like this album much. Only one song really stood out to me, and that was Affliction.