Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

Posted by Alastor

Anyone played this?

I go to Blockbuster every other week, but since nothing interesting to me has come out in a while that I haven't played already, I've gotten into the habit of renting random games. Hearing mixed reviews of Black, I've been waiting for them to have a copy in stock for 3 months now, and the one time I actually found a copy, our account was locked because my sister left a f*cking due DVD at her house. Anyways, I took said DVD back today, and they still didn't have a copy of Black. My other game of choice would've been Lego Star Wars, but it was out as well, so I picked up Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is a sequel to the 2000 PC point-and-click adventure game The Longest Journey, but if you haven't played it, it won't kill you. I'm currently in Chapter 4, and I'm pretty into it. Gameplay is pretty boring, but it has a few interesting elements. The game relies on the story as its strong point. The story is pretty entertaining IMO, and I'm sure there's alot more to it, since I'm not that far into the game.

Thoughts, anyone?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Gameplay sucks, story and characters are amazing. Oddly enough, those two things make up for the lack of "fun". Though, I actually never beat it, I got near the end and jumped ship to another game. I'll have to go back and complete it some time soon.

Posted by Klarth

I *loved* the original The Longest Journey, and I thought Dreamfall was trapped in dev hell until about two months ago. No idea that there was an Xbox port; I need this.

Posted by Bibleboy

praise lord, very cool.