Slayer's new album, "Christ Illusion"

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

The album comes out on August 8. The first single Cult is on their MySpace and their official site. So far, the music sounds like old-school Slayer with new-school production - none of the garbage they put out with their last two albums. The lyrics sound really dumb - are they trying to make fun of Deicide or are they just running out of ideas?

Go to [URL="http://www.slayer.net"]www.slayer.net[/URL] or [URL="http://www.myspace.com/slayer"]www.myspace.com/slayer[/URL] to listen to Cult.

Oh, and this will be Slayer's first album with every original member of the band intact since Seasons in the Abyss.

Posted by Klarth

Cult sounds pretty... Average. I'll check this one out once it's leaked.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: The lyrics sound really dumb - are they trying to make fun of Deicide or are they just running out of ideas?

Sounds like what Darkthrone did with their new album. Meaning, it's most likely mockery.

Anywho, I'll be skipping this, just like every Slayer album. I've never seen the appeal in them, personally. They just don't "do it" for me, I guess.

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Klarth: Cult sounds pretty... Average. I'll check this one out once it's leaked.

Same.

Posted by Holy_Sprit

Horriable Name.. If they don't turn around thier act they will burn in Hell. I must pray for those poor souls..

Posted by Newhope

I completely agree. With a name like this, I wonder if these people know Jesus.

Posted by Klarth

**** off and leave. Your gimmick isn't funny or worthwhile.

Posted by Richaod

I too thought Cult was extremely meh, whereas I liked *** Hates Us All just for being a (slight) progression in their sound. Cult reminded me of oldish Slayer, but extremely tired.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

The past few Slayer albums sucked. I see no reason to believe the new one will be any better.

Posted by Vg200x

well I liked mostly all slayers albums, I loved *** Hates Us All. was this suppost to be the release of the 6/6/06 album? someone told me it was only going to be a 4 track cd because there on tour. but still, for some reason it hasn't come out in my area and there's only one store that has the balls to carry it.