***speed You! Black Emporer

Posted by Xenos

For the record, the title says G O D Speed You! Black Emporer.

I am curious to see if I am one of the few people on the board who listen to this band ... :( And if I am, which it seems to be so, everyone should try it out - well, though who are open-minded and like more peaceful and ambient songs. It's space rock, for those of you who are curious. I'm not precise on how many albums they have out, but I'm pretty sure I listened to most of their songs. It gives you a very ... "abstract" and surrealistic imagery. I suppose sometimes the songs can sound samey, but it's still quite nice.

Anyways, I loved BBF3, Sleep and The Dead Flag Blues the most. There were a few other good ones, but I suppose I didn't commit it to memory.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I absolutely love them, and find them to be masters at what they do. Obviously not something I can listen to as often as I'd like, but on those few occasions they're perfect. Great music to fall asleep to, really.

Posted by Stalolin

***speed You is awesome stuff.

Normally, a long song would be a turn off, but because of the strangeness of their music it keeps interest. Especially partial to The Dead Flag Blues and Sleep.

Posted by Xenos

Oh yeah, another kickass song was Providence. There was a brief part that drummed a lot and sounded somewhat tribal - very good stuff.

Posted by Klarth

Great band. Love the post-rock sound. I was actually kind of surprised when Agalloch's new album sounded a lot like their stuff, so I've been listening to Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven quite a lot recently.

Posted by Richaod

I really need some of their stuff. I've listened to Mogwai (apparently a similar band) and found them boring though, but I like Sigur Ros, Pelican, Isis etc. so... where should I start?

Posted by Klarth

...Sigur Ros, Pelican and Isis aren't comparable to GY!BE. At all. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination. It's like comparing 50 Cent and Rhapsody.

Listen to "BBF3", "Sleep" and "East Hastings".

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Klarth: ...Sigur Ros, Pelican and Isis aren't comparable to GY!BE. At all. Not by ANY stretch of the imagination. It's like comparing 50 Cent and Rhapsody.

...well they're all post-rockISH. Meh, I'll get around to listening to that stuff.

Posted by Xenos

Was meh necessary?

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Richaod]...well they're all post-rockISH.
slipknot and dream theater use guitars so they're the same thing lol rite?

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Been listening to ***speed for the past 7 years or so. My favorite album is probably "Lift Your Skinny Fists" but all of it rocks hardcore. Hopefully they'll get a new album out pretty soon. It's been a while...