First Call of Duty 3 screens

Posted by Klarth

http://www.gentendo.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=2

Smoke looks good.

Posted by Dexter

Why do the guns have to be so huge like an Xbox when you're aiming? That's always bothered me. The Call of Duty games could use multiple modifications to make them superior. Hopefully they'll fix a few of the problems that I tend to have with the games in this one.

I'd like to see another TimeSplitters game in the works. I like them more than the Call of Duty series.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Wow. It looks great. And yeah...the smoke does look superb. :D

Posted by Burrito

I played Call of Duty 2 almost all the way through on my Friend's Xbox360 and it was a lot of fun. I'm quite estatic that this one is going to come out for the Wii.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Dexter]
I'd like to see another TimeSplitters game in the works. I like them more than the Call of Duty series.
Free Radical are working on an FPS called Haze that looks to be the bastard child of TimeSplitters FP and Far Cry. It's coming out on the 360 in late 06 or early 07.

But yeah, we need TS Wii. :(

Posted by Axis

Too bad this game is absolutely going to suck. With Treyarch doing the developing instead of Infinity Ward, this is bound to be bad.

Posted by Speedfreak

Because Call Of Duty was always a AAA series!:cookie:

Posted by Axis

Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 both were really good games. The ones made for consoles (excluding CoD2 for 360) were crap thanks to Treyarch.

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Wait, were you saying that Call of Duty 3 is going to only be on Wii? If it is thats really dumb on their part.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by juliebriggs

Quoting Dexter: Why do the guns have to be so huge like an Xbox when you're aiming? That's always bothered me.

cause the shooter is looking down the iron sights in the pic. all guns are gonna be huge in that prespective. if its too small, then u cant see the target through the sighting rings

Posted by Axis

Quoting SmileInYourSleep: [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Wait, were you saying that Call of Duty 3 is going to only be on Wii? If it is thats really dumb on their part.[/COLOR][/FONT]

No, Call of Duty 3 will be on all systems.

Posted by brownoystercult

am i the only one to think those are ****ty?

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

Quoting Roinkz: am i the only one to think those are ****ty?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]No, you're not.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Crazy K

I don't know, it looks like it will be fun, especially on the WII with the Wiimote.

Posted by juliebriggs

those screens look like someone took pictures of a tv screen. its not a direct capture, thats why it looks a ****ty as it does.

Posted by Speedfreak

They're magazine scans. You'd know that if read the sentence abover the shots.

EDIT: Apparantly this post deserved bad rap. Thanks, Julie:cookie:

Posted by Axis

Quoting juliebriggs: those screens look like someone took pictures of a tv screen. its not a direct capture, thats why it looks a ****ty as it does.

Even if they were clear and easy to see they still wouldn't look too impressive.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Axis: Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 both were really good games. The ones made for consoles (excluding CoD2 for 360) were crap thanks to Treyarch.

Oh..... That's depressing.... :(

Posted by juliebriggs

maybe cause its on a nintendo system. dont matter. soon as the pc version comes out, everyone will forget about the wii version. just like they forgot about the cod on gamecube

Posted by Burrito

Quoting juliebriggs: maybe cause its on a nintendo system. dont matter. soon as the pc version comes out, everyone will forget about the wii version. just like they forgot about the cod on gamecube

Huh? This is different, the Wii version has better control.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Doesn't look like much of an improvement over CoD2. But I'm not complainging. The gameplay was good an exciting, and as long as Three has that, that's all that amtters.

Posted by juliebriggs

yay... better control. wont be better then a mouse and keyboard

Posted by Klarth

I think you'll be surprised.

Posted by juliebriggs

i doubt i will be

Posted by Speedfreak

It will be far more realistic than a mouse, and keyboards were always the weak part of that combination anyway. Analog sticks > WASD.

Indeed. Although you may not get the same amount of accuracy, I much prefer 360 pad over a mouse and keyboard. Controls aside, I still rather play on a larger screen while sitting on my bed.

Posted by sniper

[IMG]http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/1803/egmscan8wy.gif[/IMG]

Posted by Axis

There's a much better picture of it. Still doesn't look that good. Reminds me of Call of Duty: Finest Hour on Xbox.

Posted by TendoAddict

Thats better pic sniper. Now it doent look so bad.

I just hope they clean it up before launch.

Posted by Burrito

I think the control will at least be on par with Mouse and keyboard. FPS are going to be a lot more fun to play on the Wii than they were on the Gamecube.

Posted by Saruin

It always surprises me, how many times they just Rerelease WII in a small disc for a random system. Good Lord, Why don't they do it more often!!!

If Call of Duty 3 still has the same heck-tik feel as it's predesessor (COD2), Then I'm on board for a good 16-person xbox live match.

The graphics look very smooth, hopfully it will preform well on the 360. I noticed that my 360 had some Lag even with the lesser refined graphics of my Call of Duty 2 game. So let's hope that this will be the kind of title that the console gamers can also brag about.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Saruin]It always surprises me, how many times they just Rerelease WII in a small disc for a random system. Good Lord, Why don't they do it more often!!!
In English?

Posted by nich

He might have meant to say WWII, not WII. It's a complaint at the large amount of average WWII shooters there are.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4412

edit:... not for the Wii, mind you.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting SmileInYourSleep: [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Wait, were you saying that Call of Duty 3 is going to only be on Wii? If it is thats really dumb on their part.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Why?

Pictures wont load for me. Someone post them.

Posted by Drewboy64

http://www.1up.com/flat/Themeweek/COD3/video5.html That's some footage of COD3 that some people say is for Wii, but... I don't think it is, becuase of the way the gun stays still and such.

Quoting Drewboy64: http://www.1up.com/flat/Themeweek/COD3/video5.html That's some footage of COD3 that some people say is for Wii, but... I don't think it is, becuase of the way the gun stays still and such.

I don't know. If you notice, the person turns pretty quickly. Or maybe it's just me. But it looked faster than what you would expect from an analogue stick.

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, he did seem to turn pretty quickly... but would it be possible to have the gun stay still on the Wii? Wouldn't recentering it be a problem?

There might be a totally different control scheme for all we know.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting Vampiro: There might be a totally different control scheme for all we know.

Hm, what if there's an option to use the D-pad plus the analogue stick?
lah

Posted by Bebop

Hmm well it doesnt look as shiney as a 360 game but the movement and aiming seems stiff.

Posted by Axis

That video that Drewboy posted, that isn't running of the Wii.

Posted by Cruxis

[FONT=Tahoma]"War may be hell, but it sure looks amazing". That is what I muttered as I viewed in shock and aw the amazing power the Next-gens had when it came to reproducing a authentic looking world War II FPS. I understand that in the last 10 year, there have been more WWII FPS