PS3 FAILS AT SPELLING

Posted by lanzer

Sorry but this is just a lol moment for the money grubbing *******s
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/top/omg-playstation-3-controller-spelling-mistake-180260.php
ewww whos wants to push a SERECT buttion?

Posted by Arcadios

I like the look of the texture. It looks like it's for more grip when your hurling it into the air with the new 6 degree movement.
*Takes a deep breath*....I guess I'll press it. Who know what horrors it can contain.

Posted by Random

I'll press the Serect button anyday. Infact if they keep "Serect" i'll buy a PS3 instead of a Wii or 360. Just because Serect is so F***ing awesome *oscar*

Posted by Zeta

Wait, wait, wait. PS3 has an "Erect" button!?

...oh, "Serect". Nevermind.

Posted by Fate

***, that is so worth the purchase.

Posted by Burrito

It kind of makes sense, since R and L are interchangable letters in Japan. It's still funny, though.

Posted by Iris

"You should see the shoulderbuttons... R1, R2, R1, R2... Confusing as hell."

Posted by Klarth

I'm surprised they didn't add L3 and R3.

Posted by Bebop

Thats how japenese people pronounce 'select'

Posted by Ant

Ah, Engrish...how I love thee.

Posted by brownoystercult

photoshopped?

Posted by Last Fog

stupid ps3 cant spell

what a dumb piece of hardware lol

Best part is this is the same controller with the same select button thats been used for over ten years now by the same company.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Bebop: Thats how japenese people pronounce 'select'

Yeah...it's a fact that most asians can't pronounce "l's" correctly in a sentence.

Heh...this kind of reminds me of that one part in "the Christmas Story" when they had to eat at that one Chinese restaurant for christmas. :D

Fah ra ra ra ra...ra ra ra ra.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

hahaha, if that's not a shop, that's the best engrish I've ever seen.

Posted by TendoAddict

Probably not Shopped, looks too real especialy with the glass reflection.

But Serect? Too much like Erect for my liking.

Subliminal messages. If the PS3 is hawt enough to give you an erection, maybe more people will buy it.

Posted by Zeta

Serect vs. Wii

GOGOGOGO

Posted by Burrito

As I said before, the letters r and l are actually interchangable in Japan. So, it makes sense to them.

Posted by Zeta

Doesn't change the fact that it's funny.

Quoted post: As I said before, the letters r and l are actually interchangable in Japan. So, it makes sense to them.

Yeah, I think we all got that :(

Posted by Burrito

I know. I'm just explaining that it's not really a spelling mistake. So, it's probably not shopped. It's still extremely funny.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Quoting Burrito: I know. I'm just explaining that it's not really a spelling mistake. So, it's probably not shopped. It's still extremely funny.

Still it's not like it's common for them to do that.

Posted by Zeta

Bet $10 that Phil Harrison says this is one of the reasons the PS3 is so much better than the Wii & 360. I mean, come on, "Serect" is so innovative; how could Nintendo possibly beat it?

Quoted post: I know. I'm just explaining that it's not really a spelling mistake. So, it's probably not shopped. It's still extremely funny.

it's just odd that NO ONE noticed. Or at least didn't care enough to fix it before the show.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Vampiro: it's just odd that NO ONE noticed. Or at least didn't care enough to fix it before the show.

lol I agree with that.

Posted by Drewboy64

Persue the green tasty and enjoy the health human life.

I can't imagine how wonderful of the American medication.

Getting goal is not only way to win. I have much better idea to win.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Burrito: I know. I'm just explaining that it's not really a spelling mistake. So, it's probably not shopped. It's still extremely funny.

It is. E3 is an American show. It should have said 'select'. And I'm willing to bet Japenese consoles don't actually say 'serect' but 'select'.

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Zeta: Bet $10 that Phil Harrison says this is one of the reasons the PS3 is so much better than the Wii & 360. I mean, come on, "Serect" is so innovative; how could Nintendo possibly beat it?

I dunno, having a DRM-infested promise-breaking lying-sack-of-crap way-too-expensive games console isn't something anyone's done in the past.

Well, except Sony.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

DRM infested?

Posted by Klarth

Wasn't there that thing about PS3 games being particular to the first console they're played in?

And Sony are doing this whole music store business, aren't they?

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

That thing about console locking, as far as I know, has been dismissed by Sony. And the music store business - again, afaik - is only for SingStar.

Posted by Big Boss

Quoting Klarth: I'm surprised they didn't add L3 and R3.

[center]The Dual Shock already has L3 (left-analog stick) and R3 (right-analog stick) buttons.

[/center]

Posted by The Pain

I'm not even going to buy the PS3... ill just buy the controller to stare at that "serect" button... laughing on the inside

Posted by Klarth

Quoting Big Boss][/center][/color]

Oh shi- I forgot about the clicky-sticks.

I meant, like, as shoulder buttons :(