Mod for War Board?

Posted by sabre

[font=georgia][color=#ccff00]The place is getting pretty stagnant; I really can't stomach sifting through it all that much, meaning that unless you're actually in the debate at the time, it's easy to miss things you need to moderate. So, I reckon we need a couple of war board regulars to keep a more devoted check on it - but I really don't know who. My suggestions would be as follows...

[b]Khao

Posted by Raptor

I don't think any more mods are needed there.

Posted by Klarth

I actually think that the off-topic boards should be reorganised a little-- Kodachi and Raptor on OT main (and pictures) and Polls, Khaos and someone else (I'm not sure about BJ) on the War Board and Anigmasis and I on the Community Board would tidy things up greatly. I'm not sure if my thoughts are to be taken into serious consideration, but it's how I'd prefer things.

I'm all for Khaos having a position there.

Posted by Jesse Smith

What the heck??!! Both of those humans are n00bies!!!! Arn't they both in some flame wars right now??!!! :D:D:D:D

As I've always said, if a member comes here starting out as a major n00bie, don't ban him! One day he'll be a mod!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Posted by coromoro

[b][color=limegreen]I think Kodachi and Raptor are fine in there, but if a moderator is to be added, I'll say Khao

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Raptor: I don't think any more mods are needed there.

I agree. And even if we did, I don't see it worth adding two new mods to the team. We already have so many. *sigh*

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

[QUOTE=coromoro][b][color=limegreen]I think Kodachi and Raptor are fine in there, but if a moderator is to be added, I'll say Khao

Posted by sabre

By the looks of things, it'll probably come to a nobody. The general concensus is that a mod is unnecessary, and though I disagree, that hardley matters.

Posted by Ex-Linkman

We don't need to hire anymore mods right now. If the war board is in that dire need for another mod, get a current one. Also, it'll be a cold day in hell before BJ becomes a mod.

Posted by Kodachi

I don't see much need for a new one there. But, if you were going to, I wouldn't choose either of them. Nothing against them, but they both have such strong opinions against other people there that it would be a disaster.

Posted by Klarth

There'd be some kind of localised wormhole on vgc if they were to mod together. They'd neutralise one another's opinions, and everyone else's in the process.

Posted by Admiral Anthrax

They would make a good mod team. Sometimes the liberals forget to keep their own side in check, and sometimes the conservatives do the same thing. I see no reason why it would not workout.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: They would make a good mod team. Sometimes the liberals forget to keep their own side in check, and sometimes the conservatives do the same thing.

Yup, precisely what I was getting at -- and I think both of them show some amount of potential. It's cooled down a little in there, but when I made this, the place was simmering, at least from what I could see, and I thought it really needed a couple of people who could be relied on as more active participants to sort things out.

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Admiral Anthrax: They would make a good mod team. Sometimes the liberals forget to keep their own side in check, and sometimes the conservatives do the same thing. I see no reason why it would not workout.

But having a heavy liberal/conservative keep their opposing side in check just dulls everything down. The opinion of what is overboard should not be left to two people who are on far opposite sides.... especially if those two people argue regularly to begin with. It just doesn't cancel out in the way you might think. It seems natural that a strong conservative would judge liberal posts a bit harder, and that a heavy liberal judge conservative posts a bit harder, as well. In the end, we are just left with all posts being judged too hard.

Posted by Jesse Smith

We need two new CONSERVATIVES to make up for the biase *ahem*Kodachi*ahem* that's allready there!!! :D:D:D:D

Posted by Kodachi

Quoting Jesse Smith: We need two new CONSERVATIVES to make up for the biase *ahem*Kodachi*ahem* that's allready there!!! :D:D:D:D

Oh, shutup.