Clerks II

Posted by Crazy K

Anyone planning on seing this movie once it comes out?

I liked the first movie and I hope to like this movie as well. Clerks II is scedualed for a July, 21, 2006 release.

More info on the film here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clerks_II

Posted by Boner

I dunno. Maybe. I mean, it's going to be hard to compete with the original. Besides, it looks like the actors have really aged a bit since the first one. I mean, it has been 12 years. Some movies don't really need a sequel. Just look at the movie Friday or Caddyshack. The first ones were great and can still make me bust a gut laughing. But the sequels? The sequels were absolutely horrid. Caddyshack 2 blows goats. Next Friday was so/so. It just wasn't the same without Chris Tucker. Of course, Clerks 2 will still have Jay and Silent Bob. But, I'm still not sure if it can match the first. Only time will tell and I have high expectations/standards. I'm sure I'll still go see it.

Posted by Crazy K

Yeah I highly doubt it will overcome the original. I also agree with you that Friday was a great movie, but the sequels were horrible.

Anyways I'm definetally going to see Clerks II, If not I'll rent it on DVD. ;)

Posted by Boner

Quick question, and please don't take offense, but.....is that a mop on your head?

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Opeth]Quick question, and please don't take offense, but.....is that a mop on your head?

No offense taken, its actually one of them hats that have fake hair on them. I put it on backwards to make it look like I had a lot of hair, but its fake.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I can't see it being as good as the original. I actually don't have very high hopes for it. I'll still see it though...

Posted by Bebop

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is a disbolical film on every level. So no.

Posted by Dexter

Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was hilarious. If that was the first Kevin Smith film I saw, I might have not thought much of it or him, but besides Jersey Girl, it was the last Kevin Smith film I saw, so I had a huge appreciation for his films already and enjoyed the references to his older films. Also, the entire ending with Jay and Bob going around beating up flamers from the Internets was great. How could you not appreciate that? Those Garden State boys know how to make terrific films.

That's not at all Kevin's best film though. I find Dogma to be his best. Very clever and funny. Mallrats, Chasing Amy, and Clerks were also all fantastic. I'm really looking forward to Clerks 2. Just seeing Mooby's in the trailer got me giggling because I thought ot the sneeze in Dogma.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back was hilarious. If that was the first Kevin Smith film I saw, I might have not thought much of it or him, but besides Jersey Girl, it was the last Kevin Smith film I saw, so I had a huge appreciation for his films already and enjoyed the references to his older films. Also, the entire ending with Jay and Bob going around beating up flamers from the Internets was great. How could you not appreciate that? Those Garden State boys know how to make terrific films.

Maybe being British my humor isn't best suited to long haired goons saying every swear word under the sun for an hour and a half. Seriously it was nothing but "yo mother ****er id ****ing love to **** you in your *** lick your ****ing **** im so ****ing high ****ing negro ****er ****** **** cock **** **** you in the a-hole ***** **** me. Turd".

Posted by Dexter

You know me, that type of language isn't what makes me laugh. Perversion and profanity isn't something that impresses me and most members here probably know that. There were other matters in the film that humored me, such as the references to older Kevin films, the Hollywood material (such as Gus Van Sant), and the entire Internet thing that instigated the whole adventure. My favorite film is Magnolia, and when they were reading flames against them online the flamer's name was something like "magnoliafan." I couldn't stop loling after that. You'd have to understand and appreciate all those references to truly enjoy the film the way I did. I don't picture you understanding those details so much.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: You know me, that type of language isn't what makes me laugh. Perversion and profanity isn't something that impresses me and most members here probably know that. There were other matters in the film that humored me, such as the references to older Kevin films, the Hollywood material (such as Gus Van Sant), and the entire Internet thing that instigated the whole adventure.

In my view a comedy sucks if most of it's jokes are refrences to said writer's past films. In any case I wasnt able to see these other forms of comedy in the film. I must have been distracted by the f-word and boob jokes.

[quote]My favorite film is Magnolia, and when they were reading flames against them online the flamer's name was something like "magnoliafan." I couldn't stop loling after that. You'd have to understand and appreciate all those references to truly enjoy the film the way I did. I don't picture you understanding those details so much.

Right, so you laugh hard when a flamer shares its name with your favorite film? I mean, you actually laughed at that? I think it's fair to say you have possible the dumbest sense of humor known to man, and therfore I officially ban you from every giving your view on comedy ever again whether it be real comedy, or a fictionial flamer sharing the same music taste as you.

Posted by Dexter

Oh, Bebop. You sound like the old Speedfreak.

When it comes to comedies, I am incredibly picky. Kevin Smith is one of the few I can look forward to giving me real laughs. Give me a few examples of films that make you really laugh. I'm curious.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: Oh, Bebop. You sound like the old Speedfreak.

When it comes to comedies, I am incredibly picky. Kevin Smith is one of the few I can look forward to giving me real laughs. Give me a few examples of films that make you really laugh. I'm curious.

Thing is I rarely laugh at films or tv. Especially not because an interent user's name is that of my favorite films. Napolean Dynamite made me giggle alot. I went to see it without any knowledge whatever of polt or characters. I was not aware of the fanbase either. Seeing it on recommendation made it alot funnier than if lots of people where saying its the greatese thing ever.

I like South Park. The neweer series more than the older. Before the comedy was swearing and violence, which at 8 when I first saw it is what it's all about. What I like about it know is the political and social commentry. The humour is more black comedy at times which is my favorite type. Actually come to think of it I can't actually remember the last time someone swore on South Park. If they did I missed it.

I quite like Family Guy and older epidodes of the Simpsons. But I guess everybody does really. The Office is brilliant too as is Fawlty Towers. But I guess my favore TV comedy show would have to be 'I'm Alan Partridge'. Although his fictional chat show was great too. As far as films go I've rarely seen any that have actually made me laugh. Most of the time it makes me 'heh' and thats about it. I can think something is really funny but not actually laugh at it. I 'lol' when someone actually says something to me, not if it's printed on a screen.

Posted by Vg200x

I think this film is going FAIL...does it evan have the orig char? lol I loved when the guy went. My g/f focked 35 guys(I don't remember the orig #).. It's a stupid humor movie. I don't remember the orig char names but everytime the guy from the video store came next door and started talking like a smartars I laughed my ars off

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Hoping to see the movie on release day. I loved all of Kevin Smith's movies besides that unbearably sappy "Jersey Girl"

Posted by Crazy K

I just saw the trailer for it on tv and I can't wait for it to come out. It looks like a lot of fun.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Quoting Crazy K: I just saw the trailer for it on tv and I can't wait for it to come out. It looks like a lot of fun.

I've never even seen the trailer yet. But regardless, the movie should be decent at the very least.

Quoted post: I just saw the trailer for it on tv and I can't wait for it to come out. It looks like a lot of fun.

LotR/Star Wars one? That trailer alone will guarantee at least some sort of success.

Posted by Crazy K

Quoting Emperor Vampiro: LotR/Star Wars one? That trailer alone will guarantee at least some sort of success.

I saw two different versions actually one of which was the LotR/Sar Wars, and the other with a little bit of difference. Also in one of the commercials they make fun at the Silence of the Lambs.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Bebop: Maybe being British my humor isn't best suited to long haired goons saying every swear word under the sun for an hour and a half. Seriously it was nothing but "yo mother ****er id ****ing love to **** you in your *** lick your ****ing **** im so ****ing high ****ing negro ****er ****** **** cock **** **** you in the a-hole ***** **** me. Turd".

To quote Dante from J&SB SB:

"I thought the fat one didn't talk very much..."

But, back on topic, I LOVE Clerks, and I can't wait to see this movie. I'm sure it won't be as good as the original because very few movies are.

I liked all the askewniverse movies, and I probably liked J&SB SB most, but I liked all 5 of them a lot. Jersey Girl was okay, but not as good as any of the askewniverse pictures.

[quote=vg200x=]I think this film is going FAIL...does it evan have the orig char? lol I loved when the guy went. My g/f focked 35 guys(I don't remember the orig #).. It's a stupid humor movie. I don't remember the orig char names but everytime the guy from the video store came next door and started talking like a smartars I laughed my ars off

His name is Dante, and the guy from the video store is Randal. Yes, they are both in it. The two girls (Veronica and Caitlin) aren't in it. And the line was:
"37! My girlfriend sucked 37 dicks!"
"In a row?"

Posted by Vg200x

yeah just disregard my post. I saw something on myspace the first 10,000 users get to be in the credits.

Posted by Hyper

I loved Clerks, and I'm really looking forward to this one. I'll probably download it though.

Posted by Red

I love clerks I've been looking forward to this movie for awhile, Kevin Smith rulez :D

Posted by Poco

Going to see it at the midnight showing, nooches!

I'll be dressed as Jay (complete with the got christ t-shirt), and my friend will be silent bob.

Also, that one french film festival raved about clerks II.

Quoted post: I'll be dressed as Jay (complete with the got christ t-shirt), and my friend will be silent bob.

Oh lord, pictures are needed for massive win, sir.

Posted by s0ul

hooray for bumpz

Saw it last night, I think it's at least as good as the original, which is pretty ****ing good. I found it funnier for the most part and it's actually tear-jerking in parts. First ever movie that's called "2" by name and is actually great.

I was trying to watch all the View Askew movies beforehand but I fell asleep after Clerks and Mallrats. :(

Posted by Boner

I saw this last night with a couple of friends. I'd have to say that it's equally as funny as the first. I really expected a lot of recycled jokes. This was not the case. Not once did Jay say "snoochy boochies". Or, if he did, I totally missed it. I won't post any spoilers. But, I will say that it was worth going and seeing. I also can't believe that King Diamond was in the soundtrack.

Posted by Fei-on Castor

Quoting Opeth: I saw this last night with a couple of friends. I'd have to say that it's equally as funny as the first. I really expected a lot of recycled jokes. This was not the case. Not once did Jay say "snoochy boochies". Or, if he did, I totally missed it. I won't post any spoilers. But, I will say that it was worth going and seeing. I also can't believe that King Diamond was in the soundtrack.

There would be nothing wrong with him saying "Snoochie Bootchies". It's kind of a trademark of J&SB movies. They're always saying "Nooch" or "Snootch to the Nooch" and all that. That's like saying that John McLane ought not to say "Yippie Cay-yay, mothaf*cka".

Anyway, I saw it. And it freaking was awesome. I liked the first a little more. Did anyone else notice that it was filmed in an entirely different style than the first one? Not just camera, but everything about the feel of the film was at least a little different.

Posted by Boner

You mean aside from the fact that this one was filmed in color? Yeah, it was a little different. I think I like the filming style fo the first one better. But, the content of the second one was great.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The first one was far less polished. It was essentially just a camera set up watching some guys goof off. The newer one has slick visuals and interesting camera angles. It is a much more polished, visually interesting film, as is befiting a director who has been in the business for years.

That being said, I lol'd repeatedly. I liked the original a little more, but not enough to complain about the original being better. Both are awesome movies.

Posted by Red

I lol'd so hard at everything in this movie, it might be my new favotrite movie, It was ammazing and I loved it, Kevin Smith is a genius!!

possible movie spoiler ... ... ...

[spoiler]NOTHING WILL EVER BEAT THE DONKEY FUCKING SCENE!!!! [/spoiler]

Posted by Grave Wisdom

Glad to see everyone seems to be liking the movie. I'm hoping to see it on Thursday.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Wow, this movie is AMAZING.

I loved it. Even before I saw it I KNEW I was going to love it. I mean come on. Anybody who is a fan of Kevin Smith knows he will deliver a good film.

Posted by Raptor

My expectations for Clerks II actually weren't that high. I wasn't expecting the sequel to do the original (which was absolutely brilliant) justice. I didn't expect to be laughing so hard so frequently, though. What a superb film. Perhaps a sequel to Mallrats or Chasing Amy is in order.

Posted by Bebop

It's Kevin Smith's birthday today.

Posted by Raptor

Happy birthday, Kevin Tod Smith!!!!!

Posted by Hyper

Time to celebrate with Mallrats.

Clerks II was great. Exceeded my expectations. :D

Posted by brownoystercult

Did you get a boner from Kinky Kelly, Raptor? :D

Just kidding..wai-no.

Posted by Ant

I just saw it. Very funny. Exceeded my expectations as well. Considering I've never been a HUGE fan of the Kevin Smith films, although I did enjoy J&SB:SB and Dogma, I've never seen any of his other films, so I wasn't sure what to expect. ALSO because I never saw the first Clerks. But I knew this would be funny from what I've heard of the first Clerks and this one, too.

So yeah, PORCH MONKEY 4 LYFE! Learn things everyday...

Posted by Apathetic

Do you need to see the first one to get everything out of the second?

Posted by brownoystercult

Not really. If you watch the second one, you'll get it fine. But if you watch the first..you have a leg up, obviously.

Either way, you should really, really end up watching both.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Apathetic: Do you need to see the first one to get everything out of the second?

Not at all, but there are a few references to dialogue and sequences in the first film that you won't really catch if you haven't seen the first one.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable Clerks/Clerks II deluxe box set that will come out in the future.

Posted by s0ul

Lies. You need to see the first one.

Posted by The Pain

As im sure this was said Clerks II defenitly will not be better than the first one (most sequals never overcome the original). I'm probably not seeing it in theaters though. I would love to but... being a 14 year old with some-what protective parents isnt good for that kind of thing. So, unless my friends invite me to see it I guess im waiting for the DVD *sigh*.

Quoted post: As im sure this was said Clerks II defenitly will not be better than the first one

It's pretty equal, if not a bit better at times.

Posted by Bebop

Clerks II has been banned from screens in the UK because of it's refrences to America.

Posted by The Pain

Quoting Vampiro: It's pretty equal, if not a bit better at times.

Oh really? That's suprising yet a good thing all the same :D

Posted by MarioStar

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jersey Recognize! i wish i saw this thread sooner clerks 2 is amazing i saw it on opening day. it matches up with the first one perfectly plus a donkey show whats better then that.I own all of kevin smiths movies and i use to live a block away from the quick stop i was there when they shot the first clerks and ive got kevins autograph.I agree with the english dude that they use profanity through half the movie but there constantly backing them up with huge sophisticated words wich i dont under stand [/COLOR]