Adam Sandler vs Jim Carey

Posted by Arcadios

For me it Adam Sandler all the way cause his movies are really funny.

Posted by Dog

This needs to be a Poll.

Posted by Arcadios

I guess....

Posted by Dexter

Nathan Lane > Jim Carry > Adam Sandler.

Come on, The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, and Eternal Sunshine are all terrific films! When it comes to laughs, no one makes me giggle like Nathan Lane.

Posted by Arcadios

Sorry I'm not familiar with his work...

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Carey. I love them both, but Carey is better.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Carey.... but Dane Cook, Norm McDonald, and Robin Williams kick his ***. :D

But Carey OWNS over Adam.

Posted by Raptor

I love how no one in this thread has spelled Jim Carrey's last name correctly until now.

I'm actually not that much of a fan of Adam Sandler. He can get rather obnoxious at times. I think Carrey has significantly more acting talent, and I find many of the movies he has starred in to be more enjoyable.

50 First Dates was a fabulous film, but Man on the Moon and The Truman Show were even more splendid.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Quoting Raptor: I love how no one in this thread has spelled Jim Carrey's last name correctly until now.

Aye, probably because of Mariah Carey, and I confuse the spellings of their last names all the time.

Posted by Arcadios

I once thought they were married until I saw the only letter diffrence.

Posted by Last Fog

Quoting Mr.Nintendo74: I once thought they were married until I saw the only letter diffrence.
That'll be the day (o_O)

Some movies with Adam Sandler are funny but Sandler himself isnt. And Jim Carrey doesnt amuse me much either.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Jim Carrey

Posted by Crazy K

Jim Carrey is a great actor, far better then that of Adam Sandler. But I'm also not a major fan of Carrey either mainly for the ways he acts in some of his movies.

But Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind was by far my favorite movie that stared Jim Carrey.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: Nathan Lane > Jim Carry > Adam Sandler.

Come on, The Truman Show, Man on the Moon, and Eternal Sunshine are all terrific films! When it comes to laughs, no one makes me giggle like Nathan Lane.

If you're saying Nathan Lane makes you laugh more than wht are you saying Jim Carey is better? Er?

Posted by Dexter

Nathan Lane wasn't part of the poll. I just thought I would mention that I find him funnier than the poll choices, then go off on how Jim wins over Adam.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Dexter: Nathan Lane wasn't part of the poll. I just thought I would mention that I find him funnier than the poll choices, then go off on how Jim wins over Adam.

If you found him funnier it should be Nathan

Posted by Celestial Flame

I think I might go with Carrey since we saw in some classic funny movies.....like the Mask....the original Mask, I never bother watching the second one.

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]I like Adam Sandler better, not saying that Jim Carrey is a bad comedian. I just personally like Adam Sandler's work better. The kind of comedy Carrey does just isn't really what I like.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Bebop: If you found him funnier it should be Nathan
No, remember Elementary school? The alligator eats the bigger one or in this case the funnier one.

Jim Carrey is definitely funnier, but Adam Sandler is funny too.

Posted by maian

Carrey, by far. He is very original with the way he acts, and can always make me laugh. I've found Adam Sandler to be obnoxious in several films, with only a "heh" effect when I laugh. I loved Happy Gilmore, but absolutely hated Billy Madison.

Posted by comedycutie67

I want to know what the outcome would be if they did a movie together.

Posted by NeXidala

JIM CARREY man that guy is hilarious....don't get me wrong Adam Sandler kicks butt too!!

Posted by Grave Wisdom

definitely Jim Carrey. I like Adam Sandler, but he just doesn't have enough variety. I mean, people accuse Carrey of the same thing...but he can pull off serious roles convincingly.

Posted by Ayu

I like them both, but I think that Jim would win everytime.

Posted by Drewboy64

Jim Carrey, obviously.

Posted by NEMI

I really like them both,they're pretty funny; Bruce Almighty and Click...they both played a funny role on those movies.That's why I like them.

Posted by Axis

Jim Carrey all the way.

Posted by NEMI

Quoting comedycutie67: I want to know what the outcome would be if they did a movie together.

It would be the bomb,I'm with ya 100% !!!

Posted by Xero

Quoting Raptor: I love how no one in this thread has spelled Jim Carrey's last name correctly until now

Yeah thats kinda shocking...

Anyways with "Happy Gilmore" Adam Sandler has got to be my favorite. Yes, Jim carrey played in Ace Ventura, but Happy G was even funnier.

Posted by Arwon

I don't find either Sandler or Carrey's dumb comedies particularly funny for the most part, so for me the difference is other things.

Jim Carrey should have won an Oscar for the Truman Show, which was truly one of the great movies of the 1990s, which he totally carried as the sole main character who was on screen, by himself, for most of the film. Eternal Sunshine and Man on the Moon also proved beyond a doubt that the man is more than just a rubber-faced fartsmith. The man can act when they let him, and this isn't a fair matchup at all.

Adam Sandler, meanwhile, isn't so much funny as he is really really annoying. He might be funny if he was a friend of yours who did this sh!t he does while drunk, but otherwise... no. Punch Drunk Love was a bit disappointing, especially considering the directer was PT Anderson (that said, points for making a bunch of goobers who thought they would be seeing Happy Gilmore 2 sit through it).

Posted by Xenos

I heard very good things about Carey in Eternal Sunshine for the Spotless Mind - its a shame he doesn't do much outside of comedy, but I find him funny.

Posted by Dexter

Reign Over Me looks good, as does The Number 23. One Hour Photo was great. Funnies turning serious. I like it.

Posted by maian

Yeah, I want to see the Number 23. I haven't actually seen one of Carrey's serious movies, and from what it looks (and from what I've heard), Carrey is a great actor, even when not doing comedy.

Posted by Dexter

He is. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, The Truman Show, Peggy Sue Got Married, and Man on the Moon are fantastic films.

Anyone remember the Majestic? Hahaha.

Posted by Dexter

Barely. I remember there was a theatre and water and that's about it.

Yeah, it bombed. Such a terrible movie.

Posted by Dexter

That was a big deal if I remember too because it was a big deal for Jim to go serious. It sucks when it fails.

At least Adam was successful with Punch-Drunk Love, right!?

k, so maybe I'm the only one who liked it. :(

Posted by JRequalizer

****ing Jim Carrey by far.

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Sandler is terrible. Carrey is somewhat better. Most of the time he's decent, but others he just ****es me off.

Posted by PROF CHAOS

I pick Jim Carey. He can be a good serious actor as well as a really hilarious comedian.