The Fast and the Furious:Tokyo Drift

Posted by Arcadios

I'm porbably going to this movie for the cars since I like tuner cars and I wanna go to Tokyo when I learn Japenese.....is anyone else going to watch this movie?

Posted by Crazy K

No.

Its not worth $5.00 to go see, the Fast and the furious movies have always sucked horribly. The only thing going for it was, well nothing. The series just should of ended at number 1, even though that in it self was not that great of a movie.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I'm going to see so that I can ruin it for all the riceboy retards, and because I KNOW that I'll be able to stomp about 15 idiots in civics after it lets out. Me and a few people are going to go, actually.

The funniest part is all the idiotic stuff that makes no sense that they threw in for idiot fanboys, like using a mustang with a japanese v6. Uh, no. If you get clips of the movie being filmed, you can tell by the engine note that its a v8 they used, but they jsut say they used a famous japanese engine so that all the JDM TYTE YO morons think its cooler.

Posted by Arcadios

Mostly US fanboys like old cars and old cars remade for today thats why they put it in the movie so US fanboys can watch the mustang pwn every other car.......which it won't.

Posted by Lord of Spam

1)No, most fans the movie is aiming at are in their mid 20s at most, and think that every torqueless turd that japan has shat out is ***. Thats why they took an AMERICAN car and gimped it with a JAPANESE engine and made it win, so that they could say "see, japan is better lol"

Which, by the way, is competely wrong. A high displacement, torquey motor will allow much easier and far more predictable over steer than any high revving rice bucket put forward, which is why Millen was kicking *** in the GTO (6 liters) in D1, and why another guy won the **** thing in a mustang GT (4+ liters).

Posted by Xero

Theres no chance I'm gonna go see that movie. I dint enjoy the first one and I still dint see Mission impossible 3, X-men 3 and the Da Vinci code, so nope.

Posted by Kanashuri

I liked the hot asian chick in the second one.

Posted by Bebop

Talk about whoring out a series.

Posted by Raptor

Fast cars with lots of shiny stuff, disgustingly underdressed sluts, rap music, blackanasian guys talking ghetto! ...You may as well just sit at home and watch music videos on MTV.

Posted by mis0

They're making a decent form of performance tuning into an idiots spectacle now. Street racing is pretty stupid, but at the track it's a different story. Now I'll expect to see lots of idiots talking about "drftting teh tyokoa!!1" and crap. I will not see it in protest of all things sacred to performance driving. I did see the first one on cable (free), so I know that was crap and I never saw number two, thankfully. Hopefully its theatre run will be short.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Bebop: Talk about whoring out a series.

Ever hear of Mario?

(Well... At least Mario didn't suck.)

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

We all know how popular street racing became after the first two. Maybe this is redemption, in that they are trying to get all of the riceboys to become wannabe drifters, and subsequently drift off a cliff or into a wall. It's kind of like car-idiot population control.

I might see it for the same reason I want to see train wrecks - morbid curiousity.

Posted by Klarth

Does this one have Vin Diesel?

If not, then I'm not interested.

Posted by Axis

Yes, Vin Diesel is in it.

For the record my brother owns a 240SX with a Skyline engine. Inline 6 turbo, the whole thing basically. He refuses to street race, etc. He races out at Hallet Raceway about every other week and does considerably well.

Posted by mis0

Nobody has anything against Japanese cars or tuning on this board, per se, man. It's just how, where, and why you do it that count.

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Axis]Yes, Vin Diesel is in it.
oh

In that case, I'll probably download it and have it on in the background sometime.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Misoxeny: Nobody has anything against Japanese cars or tuning on this board, per se, man. It's just how, where, and why you do it that count.

I prefer my engines to have this crazy thing called "displacement", but I can at least recognize a decently done japanese car. Ironically, however, I love bosozuku.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Klarth: oh

In that case, I'll probably download it and have it on in the background sometime.

Actually I should probably throw in that he's only in it for about 10 seconds... at the end of the film.

Posted by Klarth

**** that.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Raptor: Fast cars with lots of shiny stuff, disgustingly underdressed sluts, rap music, blackanasian guys talking ghetto! ...You may as well just sit at home and watch music videos on MTV.

blackanese ya dumb ****

Posted by Fate

I actually found the first two movies to be mindless fun. I'm not looking forward to this one, though.

I was playing Halo with a couple of friends online and one of them started to drive the Warthog. When I got in the turret, he started drifting the vehicle and screaming "HEY, GUYS, LOOK! I'M DRIFTING! TOKYO DRIFT, MOTHER****ERS!" I chimed in with a "THREE FAST, THREE FURIOUS!"

Posted by Axis

I actually went and saw this with a few friends because I had nothing better to do. Overall I think this one is a lot better than the 2nd one. So if you liked the 2nd one, you'll probably enjoy this one.

Posted by Fate

Huh. I'll have to see it for myself.

Posted by Lord of Spam

The first one is still the best, since it actually has something of a plot, and didnt just rely on the fact that it had cars going fast to entertain. You can tell that as they went on they realzied that the cars were more and more of a focus, and shifted teh attention accordingly, at the cost of a followable/decent story.

Still mindless fun though.

The ONE thing that ****ed me off was the use of an Evo as a drift car. Its a 4wd car, so its going to be subpar when compared to a rwd car. And as if that wasnt bad enough, most of its power is split to the front wheels, something like 90%. AND, its got thousands of dollars worth of differentials that make sure that wheels that slip DONT get any power, so drifting it is next to impossible stock. That being said, if they took all that out, they're left with a car that cant handle for ****, since it relies on those differentials to make it nimble. So thats fail number one. I'm sure I'll think of more if I think about it but thats all for now.

Posted by mis0

That certainly is irritating. You really can't drift anything other than a rwd car, and even then, not every single one is necessarily going to have good handling characteristics. But, meh, Hollywood is always right...

I can't wait to see kiddies trying to drift their Civics.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I've told you how that can be (kinda) done with plastic trays, right?

Posted by Vg200x

I saw this movie.. and I'm going to spoil it a little.. I hate the southern accent. why cant they get a kid like the one driving the viper but like the cowgirl just not with the accent.. and the chick is hot but when she gives that look she sucks, and is she from the uk or a aussy or new zealandish or something, at the end you could tell she wasnt a asain evan tho she looks like one. the cars where alright but .WHY the freak would you put a tuner in a american car? I dont care if your trying to make it a hybrid that's just stupid. and I have to say vin diesel is a clown. oh and lil ******ish's green car looks like crap.

Posted by keyartist

first movie suck, secound movie blew, now this one hmmm I'm out of words...The only thing good about it was the asian chiks.

Posted by Moogs

The Fast and The Furious
Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift-8/10 IMO.
2Fast 2Furious

Order from Greatest to Suckiest.

Posted by mis0

Quoting Lord of Spam: I've told you how that can be (kinda) done with plastic trays, right?

Well, yeah, but it's not really drifting. I mean, even the reverse dorifuto in all of its' glory still isn't drifting.

But it's all amusing. :)

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Bebop: Talk about whoring out a series.

Bet this isn't the last one either.

Posted by Vg200x

each movie had it's pro's and cons, vin diesel is a clown so the first one did suck. tyreas was a arse clown but I did like the ending when all the cars came out at once ,that was so cool see all the diffrent typs and which one's sucked and which one's were cool. In the 3rd one ,the acting suck and the first race was dumb but yes seeing all the japan's raceing sluts was good to look at.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vg200x: I saw this movie.. and I'm going to spoil it a little.. I hate the southern accent. why cant they get a kid like the one driving the viper but like the cowgirl just not with the accent.. and the chick is hot but when she gives that look she sucks, and is she from the uk or a aussy or new zealandish or something, at the end you could tell she wasnt a asain evan tho she looks like one. the cars where alright but .WHY the freak would you put a tuner in a american car? I dont care if your trying to make it a hybrid that's just stupid. and I have to say vin diesel is a clown. oh and lil ******ish's green car looks like crap.

1) Southern accent was to make sure we all knew he was a big dumb american
2) you put a skyline engine into a mustang if its the only way you can save your life, DUH
3) vin owns your soul, and you had **** well better realize it
4) bow wow was the best character in the whole movie, and his car was lolleriffic.

Posted by Moogs

[QUOTE=Lord of Spam]1) Southern accent was to make sure we all knew he was a big dumb american[QUOTE]

I have a southern accent and I'm not a big dumb american. I'm a short smart american.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Southern accents are, accurate or not, associated with idiocy. Deal with it.

Altough if it makes you feel better, i lol'd that you got defensive:cookie:

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Lord of Spam: Southern accents are, accurate or not, associated with idiocy. Deal with it.

Altough if it makes you feel better, i lol'd that you got defensive:cookie:

'Tis True. But only because of the hillbillies and rednecks who believe "The South Will Rise Again". Which is complete bull****..

Posted by Lord of Spam

I live in the south too. You're not telling me anything I dont know.

Posted by Phantasma2

Quoted post: 4) bow wow was the best character in the whole movie, and his car was lolleriffic.

[COLOR="Black"]Han... WRRRYYYYYYYYY[/COLOR]

Posted by KoH

Only good for eye candy, this includes the races and women. Story line? Psh, what story line? Acting's ****. These movies are only for the mindless with no expectations in life nor any idea what is worth a dollar.

I watched this thing with one of my younger friends who was really into it and actually watched it again. Needless to say, this younger friend of mine is an absolute moron.

Don't watch this film unless as a last resort.

Posted by Vg200x

Quoting Lord of Spam: 1) Southern accent was to make sure we all knew he was a big dumb american
2) you put a skyline engine into a mustang if its the only way you can save your life, DUH
3) vin owns your soul, and you had **** well better realize it
4) bow wow was the best character in the whole movie, and his car was lolleriffic.

1 It was a crappy southern accent ,His dad had a better accent than him.
2 still It was a stupid idea, they should of just fixed up the older car .which I thought was the coolest out of the hole movie but NO they had to wreck it.
3 vin's a *** clown no matter how you look at it and I always that is acting sucked. and he tryes to have that gangsta look when he drives.
4. HA bow wow wa lolleriffic and the pop outs on his car were cool but his acting and music suck. he can't talk ******ish if he pulled biz markie out of his ***.

Posted by Lord of Spam

1)there were a MILLION more annoying things, and you pick the accent? wtf?
2) he had ONE engine, and ONE good car body, and needed a car that worked. WHAT THE HELL ELSE DID YOU WANT HIM TO DO?
3) SHUT UP I CANT HERE YOU VIN IS ***
4) his character was funny, thats all I meant.

Posted by KoH

Vin Diesel looks like a bear.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting KoH: These movies are only for the mindless with no expectations in life nor any idea what is worth a dollar.

Or for people who enjoy movies with action in them.

Posted by KoH

[quote=Raptor]Or for people who enjoy movies with action in them.

The difference being?

Posted by Lord of Spam

I believe that calls for an "oh snap".

Posted by Fate

Oh, great, now action movie buffs are idiots. :rolleyes:

Posted by Lord of Spam

THANK YOU FOR STATING THE OBVIOUS. YOUR POST WAS A WORTHWHILE AND INTERESTING CONTRIBUTION.

Posted by KoH

Am I to have Fate follow me for the rest of my days restating what I've said and possibly adding emoticons to express her obvious satire?

:(

Posted by Fate

Quoting Lord of Spam: I believe that calls for an "oh snap".

Quoting Lord of Spam: THANK YOU FOR STATING THE OBVIOUS. YOUR POST WAS A WORTHWHILE AND INTERESTING CONTRIBUTION.

Shut up, *******.

KoH: :(

Posted by Moogs

Quoting Vg200x: 1 It was a crappy southern accent ,His dad had a better accent than him.
2 still It was a stupid idea, they should of just fixed up the older car .which I thought was the coolest out of the hole movie but NO they had to wreck it.
3 vin's a *** clown no matter how you look at it and I always that is acting sucked. and he tryes to have that gangsta look when he drives.
4. HA bow wow wa lolleriffic and the pop outs on his car were cool but his acting and music suck. he can't talk ******ish if he pulled biz markie out of his ***.

His accent was over done...

Posted by Kanashuri

Hey vin diesel is re-appearing in this movie. Now even MORE reason NOT to go see it.