Dave Chapelle vs Carlos Mencia

Posted by Arcadios

Who do you think would when in a......joke off or who do you think is funnier?
I like them both but I like Chapelle better cause Mencia does beaner jokes too much.
For a little history go here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Chapelle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Mencia

Can someone please move this to the off-topic board?

Posted by Linko_16

No, I take back what I said about this belonging in Off-Topic... being televised comedians, this is a better place for it. I hadn't thought of that at the time.

I don't really like either of their shows, but I've heard both of them do just stand-up, and they both seem like really great thinkers and hilarious comedians.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I find both shows horrendous, with mencia's being the absolute worst. Luckily, Chapelle can actually be really funny doing regular stand-up. Mencia, however, is never funny in my opinion. He's just annoying.

Posted by brownoystercult

i prefer mind of mencia over the chapelles show. i just think its funnier.

Posted by Crazy K

I have to agree with Vampiro on this one. Both shows are just boring. Dave Chapelle can be funny but his show has done much worse since Season 2.

Also I'm a big time hater of Carlos Mencia, he annoys the living hell out of me, and has gotten my school to keep repeating "De DI DI" and it annoys me to death.

So I truly would have to pick Dave Chapelle, even though I find his show to be really dumb now, it still has its small moments.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Crazy K: ... and has gotten my school to keep repeating "De DI DI" and it annoys me to death.

Okay, yeah, agreed. That's annoying.

Posted by brownoystercult

i find mind of mencia funny cause i'm immature

Posted by Burrito

Mencia is funny at times, but also really annoying. I don't care much for the phrase "DEE DI DEE", but the worst part is how he makes bad observations and spends half the time lecturing you for being too uptight or stupid to laugh at them. I didn't like chapelle's show at first, but I warmed up to it. Chapelle's show is a classic. I definitely prefer him much more. I miss the Chapelle's show.

Posted by Crazy K

Mencia also seems to stariotype Homosexuals and Mexicans more then he should. Mencia's talk just anoys me greatly thats why I never take the time to watch the show. Dave Chapelle has gotten more boring expecially after that Lil Jon skit that got everyone saying "Yeah, OKAY."

But really they are both mediocre comedians. But I have to agree that Dave Chapelle is good at standup.

[Quote=Burrito]but the worst part is how he makes bad observations and spends half the time lecturing you for being too uptight or stupid to laugh at them.

I agree with you, he tends to keep on saying how stupid people are and whatnot, it anoys me because he sometimes can be quite wrong at what he says. The only things he really speaks of is Homosexuals, Mexicans, and of course poor people/hookers/pimps etc.

Posted by Arcadios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Mencia

Funny thing is that he mostly makes jokes on the Mexicans but the truth is he's only half-mexican.
And I too am getting irritated of the "De-de-de" phrase since everyone in my school is using it, luckily I only have like 5 days of testing.

Posted by Celestial Flame

Since we go to the same School I've been hearing the same thing all over the place maybe "Mind of Mencia" should get canceled.

Posted by Arcadios

Comedy central is also going to show all of the unaired footage of "Chapelle's Show" and calling it "The Lost Episodes". Chapelle said that if Comedy Central airs the footage, his never going to come back to the show.
But since Comedy Central founf the Hispanic Dave Chapelle they don't care for the actual Chapelle anymore.

Sounds like Comedy Central is acting retarted cause what would happen if Mencia breaks down and goes to Mexico like how Chapelle went to Africa.
Then Comedy Central would have fucked themselves up the ass.

Posted by Arcadios

They would probably make some other show with a diffrent ethnicity....maybe Asian or European since they crossed off blacks and Hispanics from their list.

Well they made that new show "Dog Eats Man" but I haven't looked at since it dosen't show much intrest to me.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

mencia's skits SUCK but his standup rules

Dave-both rule. Dave wins

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=-Inuyasha-]Well they made that new show "Dog Eats Man" but I haven't looked at since it dosen't show much intrest to me.

Its actually "Dog Bites Man". I actually like the show, from the first episode I seemed to like it, far better then that of Carlos Mencia and Dave Chappelle's shows. Also a new season of Reno 911 is coming and I can't wate.

[Quote=-Inuyasha-]Sounds like Comedy Central is acting retarted cause what would happen if Mencia breaks down and goes to Mexico like how Chapelle went to Africa.
Then Comedy Central would have ****ed themselves up the ***.

I highly doubt Mencia would leave comedy central to go to Mexico. Comedy central was the only real channel to showcase his comedy, and I doubt he would ever leave unless his show was cancelled.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Crazy K: Its actually "Dog Bites Man". I actually like the show, from the first episode I seemed to like it, far better then that of Carlos Mencia and Dave Chappelle's shows. Also a new season of Reno 911 is coming and I can't wait.

What season number is this?
And when will it be on cause I really like Reno 911.

Posted by s0ul

Mencia is an awful stand-up and his show sucks. He always goes on these rants complaining about something that irks him, then gets really into it and expects the audience to relate in a "DUDE HES SO RIGHT" way, so then he gets excited and starts shouting. I'm confident this is why I hate him. That and he's on Comedy Central and isn't funny.

Chapelle ruled, I don't care what anyone says. The show was often quite lame, but when it comes to race-based comedy, he does a good job of showing how ridiculous racism can be.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Mr.Nintendo74]What season number is this?
And when will it be on cause I really like Reno 911.

I believe season 4, I'm not to certain. And I believe it starts this Wednesday or the next Wednesday, but i'm not to sure.

Posted by Arcadios

k, Thanks for the info.

Posted by Blackacidevil

Quoting Crazy K: I have to agree with Vampiro on this one. Both shows are just boring. Dave Chapelle can be funny but his show has done much worse since Season 2.

wtf, chapelle show only has two seasons out, how did it do worst he ran to south africa and stopped filming the third season. Comedy Central is releasing a dvd of "the lost espiodes" which is basically espiodes filmed from the third season that dave doesn't want them to air, rip chapelle show.

Posted by Red

Chapelle's show...I love it. My vote goes to him.

Posted by Crazy K

[Quote=Blackacidevil]wtf, chapelle show only has two seasons out, how did it do worst he ran to south africa and stopped filming the third season. Comedy Central is releasing a dvd of "the lost espiodes" which is basically espiodes filmed from the third season that dave doesn't want them to air, rip chapelle show.

The show still is not good. I did in fact like the first season, but the second season was just not good. Don't get me wrong, I watched every episode, but I only laughed to a couple of the skits that he did. Maybe the un-aired episodes will actually be good, but I highly doubt it.

Posted by shoot-out4

i'm going to go with both because they both funny, like carlos makes fun of everyone witch is funny, and dave chapelle makes little funny videos, so there both halerious.

Posted by Dog

Chapelle.

that's my vote.

Posted by Delve

They're both good..no one on this board can compete with their mad skillz or anyone out of it.