Ragnar

Posted by Sean the Wicked

[Size=4]Black Water [/size]

The light of the moon, like a holy veil, wrapped itself around the innocent purity of Meva (Life). Citizens dawned their shades and took to their beds like tamed jungle beasts, falling into slumber with yawns that would shake their bedrooms. One by one the lights flickered off as the stars flickered on, while the clouds dissipated and the moon shone even brighter. However, a lone figure did move silently throughout the darkness of the unlit streets, quietly moving into the center of the town. With eyes gleaming like fiery coals, he dared not stay in one position too long, darting back and forth across the street, drawing ever nearer to his favorite spot. The sounds of water began to echo, faint at first, but growing ever louder as he pressed onwards, breaking the silence in waves. A center, a massive circle at the geographic center of the city and in the middle of this circular area was a large fountain nearly overflowing with water. This seemed to be the only place dawning light, the figure noted as he receded into back into the shadows and watched the oil based lamps burn onwards into the twilight, perfect for him to take note of the arena. Everything was basic, some benches surrounding the area in symmetrical fashion, a fern or small tree every now and than, and of course the lights, but he knew it wouldn’t last long, it would be drawn far away, for such an overwhelming power could not...nay...would not be contained in such a tight living space. Moving onwards, he faced the light and his body trembled, his red eyes watering from such radiance, and after raising his hands, the intensity decreased and the lights remained but a dim glow to illuminate the area. Here...he’d wait...

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Nido watched from his treetop perch as this odd figure moved about the town square, so sparatic and such ease in his movements that even Nido had a difficult time determining what his mindset was for this battle. Dark robes and a hood did well to mask Nido's body, and another ruse, this one mental rather than of the physical appearance, was preventing his inner powers, quite detectable by a trained warrior, from allowing his presence to be known. Nido wasn't sure how trained of a warrior this man was; but having called Nido here for battle, he must have some sort of ample skill.

Leaping gently from the trees, silent in the stealth of his movements, Nido dropped down to settle at the front of the town square, immediately attracting the attention of this unknown warrior. No blade was drawn, and no attack made; he obviously knew Nido's intentions as of now were not of a threatening nature.

Sliding his hooded cloak from his shoulders and casting it away into a collection of tall grass, Nido unveiled himself both externally and internally, suddenly breaking the inner ruse on his energies and allowing this man to be fully aware of the presence before him. Nido wasn't disappointed, though, as he too felt a similar presence; an unnatural power which had to be from a man more than your ordinary backstreet mugger.

Which was good, as far as Nido was concerned. So upsetting all those battles where a snap kick to the neck was all it took to quiet things down. No, he hadn't come here for a slaughter; this was no time of war. This was a time of battle, and he had known well what it meant to prove himself. After numerous years of galactic war and climatic fighting, Nido's powers had become well-known amoung seasoned and tempered warriors from many worlds alike. This must be one of those, Nido thought, as he stepped forward in greeting, his crimson eyes already becoming sockets full of fire.

"I sense powers within you, yet I do not recognize the owner of them," Nido began, finally beginning to form an advance that could be considered the beginning to an offensive approach. "Why bother with the pleasantires? We know why we're here..."

With those words, Nido sprang backwards, planted his feet on the edge of the fountain, and kicked off in his original direction, using the force to spin his body around and amplify the power of his right fist which came crashing down atop the collarbone of his adversary. The warrior's legs grew suddenly weak, and no sooner than they were swept out from beneath him as Nido landed from his aerial assault low in stance, swinging his body around in a simple low kick that was enough to take his opponent from his standing position to a sudden slamming into the ground, his back taking the better, or worse, part of the impact.

Nido slipped backwards into a quick evasive procedure, using all of his finely tuned skills about him to his advantage in opening up this battle. He didn't know his opponent well enough to gauge his powers, but at the same time certainly didn't doubt his own.

"You have obvious power. Show it to me."

OoC: This may seem like I'm being lazy/slow, but trust me, I have reasons and you'll see soon enough. I promise.
IC:

[Size=4]Violator [/size]

The man watched in a contorted variation of reality as the being known as Nido approached. He spoke in a dialect recognizable, but not truly distinguishable for it had been too long since he had truly spoken with another...human...being. However, he sensed an amount of power in this man far more than any other he

Posted by Chiaroscuro

"Very well", said Nido, completely unaware his adversary would be unable to communicate anything verbally aside from his name. Sean appeared to be in suitable control of his energies which were in themselves of obvious power, and Nido couldn't be any more pleased. So tired he was of being called to such challenges only to find human resistance which had such difficulty in applying any type of serious damage to the unnatural durability of his body. Today, perhaps, he could bleed a little.

Nido began to circle his opponent, walking slowly and steadily as he calculated Sean's energy. The man had channeled some sort of force, and Nido was most interested in him doing so. He had found, over time, that each warrior was unique in their powers, albeit some more than others, and he refused to be quick in dismissing Sean's powers no matter how ordinary he seemed to be at the given time. Nido knew well how deceiving appearances were in the world of unnatural powers, and he began to channel his own energies as Sean had moments before. A crimson aura surrounded Nido, flowing over his shape as it clung to his flesh, flowing in and out of his body in short bursts of energy. High temperatures released by the aura suggested influence from a fire elemental, and as the aura was fully absorbed, Nido's flesh took on a similar color, assuring his opponent the energies were indeed accepted by body and spirit alike.

Nido drew focus and formed his body into stance, flowing easily into the mental and physical transitions which meant he was fully prepared to do battle.

"Advance," Nido called, again unaware that Sean would not hear this command. Undoubtedly, though, he would probably understand.

Concerto of the Moon

Looking at Nido quizzically, Sean

It's been ten days, what's up Nido? =/

Posted by Forgotten Soul

Dont mean to butt in here, but he's been occupied. I'll see if I can't get him in here to reply.

Yeah, Lunairetic informed me somewhat, but it's cool. I can wait. I have plenty of fights to occupy me and each one just makes me want to post in this one more. So, when he gets to it, he'll have a post from me moments later. Lol.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I'll do it today, I've been really sick and whatnot rushing around town doing random stuff but I'll get to it once this head-fog leaves me for the morning.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Nido splashed heavily into the fountain waters, his clothing becoming soaked throughout and clinging uncomfortably to his body. As he lay momentarily within the flowing element, he analyzed his physical status, and found himself in quite a diserable position. Sean had indeed hurt him, hurt his body, at least. Not enough to cause any damage, of course, but he was obviously capable at doing so at some point of his total power.

"Maybe you'll be able to break something"[/b], Nido jeered as he climbed out of the fountain, sopping wet and dripping all over the ground on which he stood. "It's been a while since I've had myself a good fracture."

Throwing a devilish grin across his face, Nido kicked his feet off the ground, the saturation on the bottom of his boots doing little to hinder his capability of movement. He pounced forward in no time, closing the gap between the two like a leaping mountain lion attacking its prey. Sean was Nido's prey, for the moment, at least, and Nido was ever-intent on letting him know this as he came down from his jump and grappled's Sean's right leg, falling, dropping, and rolling over as he took the man down and achieved a full-bore, muscled grip around the now threatened limb.

[b]"How about you?"

With that being said, Nido pulled backwards, using nothing but brute strength to aid him in attempting to cause havoc to the enemy body. Pulling and twisting as savagely as he could, Nido longed to break the leg, shatter the bone and pull the muscle. He could tell immediately that Sean's durability was not that of your average man, and resistance was indeed present, for the grip could not be held for long. Giving up on his current attempt, Nido shifted weight from the leg-lock and brought Sean into a complete up-and-over, slamming him into the ground as he released the lock. Intact as it was, his leg was much worse for the wear, and tension began to flood up and down the limb in waves of pain, throbbing violently so.

Nido rolled backwards and wound up in a standing position, testing out his own agility to ensure his physical performance was still at peak levels. He had been out of battle for quite some time, but obviously, not long enough; Sean lay stunned and sprawled across the town square's dirt and stone, his leg bent awkwardly and nearly ripped off, his lungs winded from being slammed to the ground within their rattled ribcage.

Second Thoughts

Shadows shook violently around Sean