Google Video on PSP

Posted by ccrocker58

Ok, I just downloaded a few videos off of Google Video, and I've been trying to figure out how to get them to play on my PSP, but to no avail. It seems when you download off of Google, it doesn't download a .THM file to go along with the .MP4. So far, every movie I've had on my PSP that was an .MP4, wouldn't run on my PSP unless it was accompanied by a .THM of the same name. If there's any way to get a video to play without the THM, please someone let me know! Or someone at least tell me how to get MP4's without .THM's to play on my PSP, I tried putting the videos in all the ANV/MNV folders, but none did anything different.

Posted by Klarth

What firmware are you using? If you're below 2.00, then you can't play AVC-encoded videos (which is what Google Video offers).

Posted by ccrocker58

I'm using 2.70, but when I download it off google, I select to dl it for PSP (GV lets you choose to dl for PC, iPod, or PSP) and when I check the file properties it says the files are MP4's...

Posted by Forgotten Soul

The PSP is wierd when it comes to movies...it has to be in a certain folder inside another folder, then the file has to be named appropriately, blah blah blah......

I am at work now, but ill find a way to make it work for ya.

Posted by ccrocker58

yea...i dunno...I named it what they said to on google video...maybe i should try naming it what PSP9 names the files i convert...