Am I the only one who noticed...

Posted by Linko_16

... The Roxas is, like, the exact same character as Denzel from Final Fantasy Advent Children? The hair looks a little different, since Denzel has a more sophisticated rendering, but when I watched it again after playing Kingdom Hearts, I recognized that pouty face right away.

I don't know if Square's ever commented on this, but I thought I'd make my observation known.

Posted by Arcadios

They never commented on this but Denzel was influenced by geostigma which is bad and Roxas did join the Orginization....which is bad. EDIT/ In some views.
Just a little event that happend.

Posted by Roxas Lover

If you think about it Nomura based Axel off Reno kinda so he could have based Denzel off Roxas or Roxas off Denzel,I don't know which one came first.

Posted by Arcadios

Well Didn't Advent Children come before KH2?
And since I think we can consider Denzel a minor chracter compared to Roxas I think that Roxascame first even if AC came out before KH2.

Posted by Roxas Lover

Yeah I think Roxas came first.

Posted by Arcadios

Since he's a major chracter he has to be compared to Denzel.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Mr.Nintendo74: They never commented on this but Denzel was influenced by geostigma which is bad and Roxas did join the Orginization....which is bad. EDIT/ In some views.
Just a little event that happend.

I doubt that this was their logic in making the characters so similar.

Anyway, both Kingdom Hearts 2 and Advent Children were in development for such a long time, I doubt you can really say which might've come up with him first. It's equally possible that he was created for the use of both.

I never really thought that Reno and Axel were the same... sure, they both have red hair and goofy personalities, but I still imagine they were just created from the same archetype.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

vs

Posted by Linko_16

Yeah, you can see that the hair, though rendered differently, curves up and to the left in the front there. Throw in the pouty expression, and that's him!

Posted by jefferey shalome

hmmm they do look the same! At any rate, while i am here.....why did they make Riku, Yuna and Paine pixies? WTF? and why didn't Yuna ask about tidus? This is the wrong place for this, but i was just curious.

Posted by Arcadios

Well Kh dosent follow any of the FF so they don't go exactly.
Here is something some idiot might ask "Why is Aerith still alive?"

Posted by Linko_16

The fact that Squall, Cid, Yuffie and Aeris all come from Radient Garden should be enough to show that, while basic relationships are preserved, it's not meant to connect with Final Fantasy storylines. Tidus, for instance, was just some ordinary kid from Sora's town... it's a little late to provide some explanation for why Yuna'd be looking for him, so they fairified her and her X-2 pals for comic value and overall cutsiness.

Some stuff is very close to how it was in the game, like how Auron was trapped in the underworld and Cloud being so intent on defeating Sephiroth, his dark side, but they just work with what's convenient for fanservice.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

ok this is wat i heard that when they where makeing kh1 they put diseny and put ff in there too.. duh!

Posted by jefferey shalome

right. that makes sense. But, here is a question: how long do you think it took square to convince disney to let them almost kill off goofy. I saw that and thought: "Whoa, they let them do that?"

Posted by dr don

not that long in almost evry disney movie som1 dies so y not almost kill goofy off

Posted by Linko_16

It's not that outrageous for Goofy to have a near-death experience. If they actually intended for him to die, maybe Disney'd have something to say about it.

Posted by Ant

They did it for the comedic value. I know I fukken bol'd

Posted by Arczu

It should have been like... "Sora leaned a new ability"... and you look at it and it's a a-kicking berserker ability. But I suppose not. I was actually kind of surprised they did that.

Posted by Kingdomkeys

[quote=jefferey shalome]right. that makes sense. But, here is a question: how long do you think it took square to convince disney to let them almost kill off goofy. I saw that and thought: "Whoa, they let them do that?"

[COLOR=darkorange]kill goofy. oh u mean when he was hit in the head by that rock[IMG]http://vgchat.com/images/icons/icon10.gif[/IMG][/COLOR]

Posted by Sora+Kiari

I was surprised wen i didnt have goofy fighting with sora and donald..then i realized that goofy was stronger than donald in my game but it doesnt matter cuz i still won the fight

Posted by antisora

That would suck if goofy died his awsome