Score

Posted by sabre

September's going to be one expensive month.

The 3-CD and 2-DVD sets will be available seperately.
Both versions will contain the entire "20th Anniversary World Tour" grand finale recorded live at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on April 1st 2006.
(nearly 3 hours of music - over 90 minutes of which was performed with a full orchestra)

The DVD will also contain a 1 hour Documentary tracking the entire career of the band from the very beginnings at the Berklee College Of Music in 1985 all the way to the Radio City Music Hall grand finale.
Including rare never before seen footage and interviews with current and previous members of the band.

Also included on the DVD are several live Bonus Tracks from through the years taken from the Portnoy Archives.

Release date: August 29th 2006

This, plus Porcupine Tree DVD, plus Blind Guardian album, and on top of that I also have to pay for the Stupid Dream rerelease, and the Muse album when they come out... it's gonna be a pretty good summer.

Posted by Klarth

****ing horrible album art. ****ing horrible name.

Gonna get it anyway.

Posted by sabre

I think the album art is meant to be gold. Doesn't look good still, but if they make it shiny (as I'd guess they will, judging by the tones of the two being slightly different) then that wouldn't be too bad.

I like the name. It's different, it stands out. Also, Score is very appropriate as not only does it mean twenty, but it also means musical notation.

Posted by Richaod

*head explodes*

It looks like it'll be a great package. Not nearly as good as having them come to Melbourne though. :(
[quote=DreamTheater.net]Sorry to all the cities we cannot visit...

After spending about five minutes looking at the music on the front (I'm bored, naturally), I've identified that it's in the treble clef and in D major. >_> It's probably part of the score for Octavarium anyway.

Posted by Raptor

Dream Theatre sure knows how to separate its helpless fans from their money.

Posted by Dexter

I'm still not convinced that this summer will turn out very well, musically. And this year, musically, won't top 2004. I could be wrong. I think I need some more persuasion.

Posted by sabre

Quoting Raptor: Dream Theatre sure knows how to separate its helpless fans from their money.

That's right. They're forcing everyone to buy their live albums. You don't have a choice if you're a Dream Theater fan! You'll HAVE to buy it!