What art style are you all interested in?

Posted by Xenos

To be honest, I'm not a big impressionist fan - however, I do like Dali's surrealism goods. There was one type of style ... I cannot recall what it was - it wasn't romanticism, but it's when people are depicted are really small compared to the whole enviroment they are in.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Dali's is pretty awesome, I must admit. As far as styles that I actually do, I'm a vector artist/photographer/macabre photomanipulator. Pretty cool stuff.

Posted by Klarth

animu

Posted by Linko_16

Surrealism.

lololololol.

Posted by Xenos

Hey, hey - this thread was asking a serious question! Sadly to say, people will probably be more interested in the, "Rate the Avatar Above You" thread moreso than this.

Figures.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

My answer was honest :(

Posted by Linko_16

I was being serious, too. Maybe not real descriptive, but serious. If you really want to know, surrealism is interesting to me not only because it can be a bit of a mind-@#$%, but also because it can make you think about something differently or have you wondering what the artist meant in painting that.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

I heart vectoring.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Surrealism is overdone. I've always enjoyed the subtle play of light and color in impressionism. The bright, open colors and scenes always ellicit a nice mellow feeling in me. Its the sort of thing I want to have in my house, so chances are I'll have at least posters of impressionistic paintings in my house.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Lord of Spam: Surrealism is overdone.

Agreed. But when I see a piece from a great artist, it stimulates my thought a lot more than most other artists.

Posted by maian

...As into art as I am, I sadly don't really know the categories well. So, I'm not going to talk about great artists or styles, but the look that appeals to me.

Well, when sketched, I think a rough look is cool, but not too rough. Y'know, very distinctable, but a little sketchy as well. That's pretty much how my art is, anyway.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Linko_16: Agreed. But when I see a piece from a great artist, it stimulates my thought a lot more than most other artists.

I've looked through books of both impressionism and surrealism while high.

The impressionism left me in a far better place.:(

Posted by Xenos

I never really liked impressionism to be honest ... a little too sketchty to me. Then again, I never really liked Picasso's style either.

Posted by Lord of Spam

die and go to hell

Picaso was awesome:(

Posted by Xenos

[IMG]http://www.usc.edu/schools/annenberg/asc/projects/comm544/library/images/742bg.jpg[/IMG] >

[IMG]http://www.anales.uchile.cl/6s/n9/images/picaso.gif[/IMG]

>:O

joke aside, I'm not saying either are better per se ;o but I perfer surreality. I guess it goes with my mood.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Massive phallic symbols and metaphors for repressed (homo)sexuality go with your mood? Odd.

Posted by Xenos

bolz - well, it explains a lot of things! For the record, the name of that picture refers to the nacissus flowers. ;o Look more into the symbolism in the pictures. I guess I like randomness as well - but not Picaso-like.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I think of Picaso as the australian guy bart talks to when he takes a trip down under (the "thats not a knife, this is a knife" guy who whips out a spoon).

Picaso is like "Thats not art, THIS is art" while holding up a random series of nothings.

Posted by I LUV_MAXI

manga ^_______^ i like to draw ton's of manga.

Posted by Fate

I like human realism. Like drawing a baseball player when he hits a home run and he's still in his arched pose. Or a couple of kids playing in the sand.

And some manga styles with lots of detail.