360 question

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Okay guys, I was just wondering one question. I am buying a Xbox 360 in about 20 days or so, and I was wondering what the difference was between the two versions (300 dollar and 400 dollar).

Please reply!!!

Posted by Axis

Premium Version: Hardrive, Wireless Controllers, Headset, Ethernet Cable, and a few others.

Core Version: No Hardrive, Wired Controllers.

Premium package is the must have.

Posted by Nite

there's a 100$ difference! in SA rand thats R600, which is alot in SA! u can buy 2PS1's with that! so the diff is 2 ps1's!!!

Posted by Hero'sCrest

What does the hardrive do for the 360?

Posted by Axis

Save memory and saves for your games. If you buy the core version, you have to buy a seperate memory card for 40 bucks. With the Premium, you don't need a memory card, it saves directly to the hardrive. Plus, it has a lot of space. It also holds patches, your Xbox Live account, demos, trailers, etc.

Trust me, you don't want the Core version.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Yeah, Axis is completely right. You definitely want to stay away from the Core version. Not only are you getting ripped-off, the console itself looks cheap (it's amazing what a tiny bit of chrome and do).

Oh, and just to give you an example of how baddly you're getting ripped-off, the HDD alone is $100.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Okay thanks guys, I guess I will just buy the Premium version, and does anyone remember the name of that chip thing for the old Xbox that you could store games and movies in? I forgot the name, is that kinda what the HD is like?

Edit: Okay, the reason I have so little knowledge of the Xbox 360 is because I never even owned the original Xbox, so bare with me. I was wondering about Xbox live. Just a few questions.

1. How much does it cost to play live.
2. Does premium come with xbox live?

Quoted post: Okay thanks guys, I guess I will just buy the Premium version, and does anyone remember the name of that chip thing for the old Xbox that you could store games and movies in? I forgot the name, is that kinda what the HD is like?

The original Xbox used and internal HHD.

Quoted post: 1. How much does it cost to play live.
2. Does premium come with xbox live?

1) Depends. If you get a year's worth, it's about seventy bucks. So the price of a game.

2) Primium comes with one month free I believe. Or is that one week? I can't remember now.

(think it's one week...)

Posted by Hero'sCrest

Quoting Vampiro: The original Xbox used and internal HHD.

1) Depends. If you get a year's worth, it's about seventy bucks. So the price of a game.

2) Primium comes with one month free I believe. Or is that one week? I can't remember now.

(think it's one week...)

Thanks, I thought I heard it was one month, you are probally right though. And I am not talking about the HD on the Xbox, there was some kind of chip that was like illegal, you could rent a game and burn it on to the chip so you would have it forever.

Mod chip. You couldn't actually store anything with it though...

Posted by Klarth

Softmods exist. I modded my Xbox with a simple IDE cable and a 120GB hard drive, and now I can do all kinds of fun **** like:

- Using it as a server
- Downloading games and running them off the HDD
- Oldschool emulators
- Media centre.

Downside is that you sacrifice Live in doing so.

Posted by Hero'sCrest

I just wondered cause my friend had it. It was perty cool. He only had like 12 games on it though, and like a bazzillion movies.