Factor 5, not so exclusive anymore?

Posted by Prince Shondronai

After scouring their website for anything resembling their sniveling "We think ps3 will sell the most, so we'll develop only for sony next generation!" stance which was established last year, I found nothing. I did, however, find this quote:

"With the imminent arrival of the next generation of console and handheld technology Factor 5 has multiple game and technology projects in production for major console manufacturers."

Doesn't sound so exclusive to me. If sony continues dropping the ball with the ps3 and the function gets locked up in their cell processors, causing them to go into epileptic seizures rather than perform the necessary calculations to reach out and catch said ball, mayhap we will see Factor 5 make 360 or Wii games as well.

Posted by Zeta

I don't think I've heard of Factor 5 before. Describe, plz.

Posted by Alastor

Factor 5, I believe, were the guys behind the Star Wars: Rouge Squadron games for the N64 and GameCube.

Posted by Random

Thats not saying much..

Rogue Leader says a lot about them, I think. Rebel Strike says a lot too, but in a bad way. Their newest game is Lair, so far announced only for the ps3. I'm wary of any dragon game that isn't in the Panzer Dragoon series, but Lair's the only ps3 game that I'm really watching right now. If it gets ported to the Wii or 360, that'd be great.

Posted by Speedfreak

They're great programmers, if a little cocky. Their game design isn't fantastic, though, which explains Rebel Strike. For all it's amazing graphics that game left a bad taste in my mouth.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Speedfreak: They're great programmers, if a little cocky. Their game design isn't fantastic, though, which explains Rebel Strike. For all it's amazing graphics that game left a bad taste in my mouth.

I had no problem with the single player mode, it multiplayer is what ticked me off about the game. Instead of modifying the original Rogue Leader game to be co-op, they went and re-did it, and didn't use the same people. Plus the mechanics weren't that great either.

Getting back to the topic at hand... I hope Rogue Squadron doesn't go exclusive to Sony.

Posted by Last Fog

Is this supposed to be surprising? It's not like its the first time a company had plans early on and changed their stance on who they would develop for.

Posted by Proto Man

Quoting Last Fog: Is this supposed to be surprising? It's not like its the first time a company had plans early on and changed their stance on who they would develop for.

[COLOR="Red"]*SIGH*[/COLOR] It's RAREWARE all over again... :rolleyes:

Posted by Last Fog

Exactly, but this is no big loss, not that Rare was...

Who cares about a small developer best known for a mediocre star wars game.

Apparently there's going to be on-foot missions in Lair, which was the biggest complaint everyone had with Rebel Strike. Odd that they wouldn't listen to the criticism, unless they've figured out how to make such missions fun.

Protoman, I think Lucasarts has final say on where Rogue Squadron goes. If they wanted another game in the series made, but Factor 5 didn't comply with their wishes, they'd just assign the project to a different development house. As for Star Wars games in general, the only one I want is an online lightsaber-dueling game for the Wii. The Force is strong with that one.

Last Fog, the only reason why I posted this topic is because awhile back some idiot on these boards posted a topic about an interview with the president of F5 or someone where he stated that Factor 5 chooses only one console to develop for per generation, and that they had chosen the ps3 for this next one (even though they hadn't seen any of the final hardware specs or dev kits or anything at the time).

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Last Fog]Who cares about a small developer best known for a mediocre star wars game.

Oh, come now. Rogue Leader was a good game.