To: Jesse Smith

Posted by Xero

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186803

Are you downloading it?

Posted by Klarth

Shut up.

Posted by Jesse Smith

LOL!! I was just looking at that right before I came here. I want that stuff!!!!

There's one thing wrong...it has the word 'Beta' in da version!!

I think you can say good-by to huge signature images as soon as BETA goes bye-bye and I upgrade!!!! Of course like last time, I'll upgrade first on a dead vBulletin board before I upgrade over here.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Jesse Smith:

I think you can say good-by to huge signature images as soon as BETA goes bye-bye and I upgrade!!!! Of course like last time, I'll upgrade first on a dead vBulletin board before I upgrade over here.

Smaller signatures? Well I personally can live with this. I dont see the point in huge siggys.

Posted by Klarth

Huge meaning anything above 600x600 or what?

Posted by Xero

I think yours would be the limit size, something like that.

Posted by Jesse Smith

BINGO!!!!!

Posted by Roxas23857

Darn I like mine from Kairi Fan but i'm sure she could make them smaller and one of mine would work...i'm down with that.

Posted by Klarth

I say 500x500 should be the limit. It doesn't take up much space on my 1024 display, and who the **** uses 800x600 anymore?

Posted by juliebriggs

1680x1050 here. but big sigs are still uber annoying

Posted by Jesse Smith

Quoting juliebriggs: 1680x1050 here. but big sigs are still uber annoying

er...you suggest a massive max size for images...and then you say 'big sigs are still uber annoying'!! er guys, leave the crack to us pros!!! :D:D:D

[quote=Klarth]I say 500x500 should be the limit.

And name me one person who comes here to look at images!!! :D Images like

are exactly why I'll try to add the restriction, and even that image is less than 500x500. More like 500x200 for the max so you don't have to scroll down a mile just to get to da next post.

Posted by juliebriggs

uh.... i was calling out the resolution of my laptop

Posted by Ant

Yes we are well aware...thumbs up on the huge monitor you have there.

Posted by Jesse Smith

LOL!!! :D Some one hit me on da head with a hammer!!! :D:D:D

Posted by juliebriggs

its not huge. its a widescreen 16" laptop. its just got a strangly high resolution for a laptop

Posted by The Judge

Nothing that gives a screen stretch. Otherwise, signatures that fill up your entire post shouldn't be a problem. Look at the minimum length for your post on the screen. That should be the max size.

Posted by The Judge

Now displaying post without signature.

Posted by The Judge

And here we go:

A bit smaller on the width, though, cause I forgot about avatars. You get what I'm saying though.

Posted by lameboyadvance

As long as my signature still works (centreing included), I really couldn't care less.
Frankly large sigs/avatars on dialup are just annoying.

...Not like they aren't annoying on faster speeds. :p:

Posted by juliebriggs

yeah, if your using wallpaper sized pic for sigs, youve gone too far

Posted by Xero

I'm ok for the sig. As long as the avy size limit is 150X 150 35kb, I wont complain.

Posted by The Judge

I would prefer the maximum file size (not image size) for avatars was increased.

Posted by Roxas23857

Jesse are you saying that there is something wrong with my sign? because I it like this.

Posted by The Judge

1. I should be centered
2. The banner Kairi Fan made was horrible. It's not even correct banner format and says her name on it.
3. It's too large.
4. If you did get a new banner, of proper banner size, and just centered it and kept it as that, then you'd be fine.

Posted by Xero

Quoting The Judge: I would prefer the maximum file size (not image size) for avatars was increased.

Yeah that would be cool. If it could go up to 50kb, thatd be perfect.

Posted by Linkman

Quoting Klarth: and who the **** uses 800x600 anymore?

Guilty. Not by choice though. I share a computer with my family, and they ***** if I change it to anything higher.

500x500 is fine, even on 800x600 resolution. The banner in my sig is exactly 500 pixels wide, and it causes no overflow. Anyway, it's the uncompressed crappy animated gifs that are the problem.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Linkman: Guilty. Not by choice though. I share a computer with my family, and they ***** if I change it to anything higher.

I always use a resolution of 1024X798 cuz then I can see more stuff on the page. I dunno why anybody would care...I'd care more about a virus :rolleyes:

Posted by Arczu

I don't even use signatures so this is an ineffective threat to my signature...

Though, I should probably recover one of my old sigs just for old time's sakes. And 800x600 is HORRIBLE, just big