Estradasphere

Posted by Xenos

Their new album is going to be submitted on the 17th - it'll probably be a few weeks before it gets out into the market. Anyone else excited but moi? :(

It's a pretty fun band, not everyone's type, however.

Posted by Klarth

Fun band. Only song I really, really like is "The Silent Elk of Yesterday" though.

Posted by Xenos

Huh, I really liked Burlesque, Hungerstrike and Dapper Bandits. Silent Elk of Yesterday was alright - but not my favorite because I'm not big into the genre they explored during that time.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Can't say I am. If I find a decent torrent, I might check it out. But otherwise, I don't really care.

Posted by Xenos

Ask Antman, he should know.

Posted by Philsdad

The album is due on the 12th and then needs to be sent for manufacturing, printing, distribution, etc which will take 16 weeks. So the album should be out in early October at which time they'll be embarking on a huge North America tour.

The band has been pretty secretive as to what the new material will be like so as to not ruin the surprise, but their bassist released a statement describing some of the new material to look forward to: virtuostic violin concertos for a metal/jazz band, authentic Romanian gypsy tunes set to death metal, blazing Chopin melodies transposed to the fretboard, "and much more."

I will have the album the second it's released of course, so if anybody wants to hear it, just ask me at the time, no need to track down torrents.

Quoted post: I will have the album the second it's released of course, so if anybody wants to hear it, just ask me at the time, no need to track down torrents.

I'll have to take you up on that offer, assuming I remember by then.

Posted by Klarth

Dapper Bandits was a pretty kickass song, but the outro was easily the best bit. Jazzmetal wins.

Posted by Ant

Meteorite Showers is my favorite one. Closely followed by Dapper Bandits.

As for the new album, I'll get it when it comes out for sure. Hopefully they keep with their sound and don't change.

Posted by Philsdad

Quoting Ant: Meteorite Showers is my favorite one. Closely followed by Dapper Bandits.

As for the new album, I'll get it when it comes out for sure. Hopefully they keep with their sound and don't change.

Both excellent songs. The sound on the new album is likely going to be a lot different than anything off Buck Fever. Mainly because they have a much different instrumental lineup now. Their saxophone player quit the band, and now they have keyboards, accordion, and shamisen in its place. But it'll certainly have the same "mulit genre unqiue feel" that all their work has.

Posted by Xenos

Huh, I didn't realize the Randy and S[forgot spelling]'s Desert Adventure has a recorded/perfected version of it for over half a year or so. That song catches me off guard all the time. It's the perfect stoner song.

Posted by Philsdad

Album Update:

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

New Album

The New Estradasphere album, Palace of Mirrors, is officially done. The album will be available on September 19th and an October US/Canada tour will follow.

Should be out a little sooner than I thought. Hopefully some sound clips will show up pretty soon.

Posted by Klarth

Hey, day after my birthday. Sweet.

Posted by sniper

I was reccomended this band a while ago, but there was no decent torrent for their stuff, so I gave up.

Posted by Klarth

Philsdad and Xenos had the details for a DC hub up a while ago. Ask one of them to post 'em again.

Posted by Philsdad

I am trying Ubuntu Linux for awhile, and haven't installed all the dependencies for the DC++ hub hosting software yet, so the hub isn't up right now. However, when the hub returns, it will be at its usual address which is: estradasphere.no-ip.org:1412
[URL="http://www.dcpp.net/"]You can get DC++ here.[/URL]

And, if there are any actual Estradasphere fans here from any of the following cities, the band needs your help! They're trying to book a North America tour for this October. They have the following dates set for these cities:

chicago - Oct. 6th
DC/Baltimore/Philly/etc. - october 16
Asheville, NC - october 17
Austin- TX - october 22
Phoenix/Tempe - October - 27th
Los Angeles - October - 28th
San Diego - October - 29th (I'm looking at you, ///Phanton)

but don't have any good venues to play in these places yet. So, if you happen to be from one of these cities, and know of a good venue the band could play at, send an email to espherebooking AT gmail.com and give them the details.

Posted by Xenos

You guys can always try to contact me on AIM and I'd gladly send it to you starting tomorrow. [after I cleaned up my computer]

Posted by Philsdad

ANOTHER UPDATE

Santa Cruz, California's eclectic and unclassifiable musical group ESTRADASPHERE has signed with The End Records. The band will release their fourth album, titled "Palace of Mirrors", on September 19th, 2006.

About the signing with The End Records, bassist Tim Smolens comments: "We're very excited to be a part of The End Records' lineup. We are appreciative that The End had the vision to take on an unclassifiable act like ourselves. We've had a wonderful experience in all of our efforts with our previous label, Mimicry, and we hold them and Mr. Spruance in the highest regard.

"The new album by ESTRADASPHERE distills the elements in the group that are clearly the strongest, while trimming the fat of our previous efforts," he says of their forthcoming release. "Expect to hear Romanian gypsy death metal, heavy doses of 60's foreign cinema rock, expansive orchestrations, progressive spaghetti easterns, no lead vocals, and even an automated calliope band that can be struck up for just a quarter. The new album embodies everything that is unique and wonderful about this band.

Posted by Klarth

...THE END RECORDS?!

NICE going, Esphere. Always a good thing to be on the same label as Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, The Gathering, Agalloch, Head Control System, Ulver, etc etc. Best news they could possibly get.

Posted by Philsdad

Update: A song sample from the new album has been posted at the End's website.

[URL="http://media.theendrecords.com/Estradasphere_Palace_SmuggledMutation.mp3"]Smuggled Mutation[/URL]

Bahahah..oh man this album is gonna be sick.

Posted by Klarth

Alright, I love it. This is gonna be one of the best albums of the year.

Posted by sniper

Dah, just makes me even more annoyed that I can't seem to find this band's music anywhere on the friggen internet.

Yeah, quite excellent. If anyone cares to upload any of their past material, I'd appreciate it.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Just to be on the safe side, anyone who does this needs to upload it in the video and request section. Vamp, just IM Philsdad and get stuff from him. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, and plus, he's a huge fan and is probably more familiar with the band than anyone else here (and he has lots of their cds and bootlegs).

Yeah, I forgot to mention to send it through PMs, but I figured whoever would do that anyways. I'll be sure to message him though, thanks.

Posted by Xenos

I'd send it to people ... but, er, as embarassing as this may sound, I lost my file. Yes, I cannot find it anywhere on the computer since I "saved" it on a CD AND at thumbdrive. As soon as I get them back, I'll put 'em up.

http://media.theendrecords.com/Estradasphere_Palace_SmuggledMutation.mp3
Here, have this for now.

tata.

Posted by Philsdad

Yeah, just contact me anytime you need some Estradasphere. I can hook you up.

Posted by Xenos

[quote=Philsdad]Yeah, just contact me anytime you need some Estradasphere. I can hook you up.

Man. Estradasphere is one good weed.

Posted by Xenos

Double post. Whatever.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4bd946

^
Enjoy.

Posted by Philsdad

Good call, Xenos. That's the exact song I had in mind to send next actually. Vampiro, if you liked the gypsy metal stylings in Smuggled Mutation, check out the song Xenos posted above. I'll upload some other stuff later.

Upload an album or something, or send it to me over AIM. Either or. Just as long as it's not a single song :)

Seriously though, I'm surpised I haven't heard of this band. Even more so that it's somewhat hard to even find anything about them on the net.

Posted by Xenos

Update! The new album is going to be released ... this October? A lot of the newer song samples, assuming you've heard them, have been revamped. New instruments, etc. Philsdad has the song list. I lost it somewhere ...

Posted by Philsdad

The album will be released on September 19th, and the tracklist goes as follows:

1. Title
2. Palace of Mirrors
3. A Corporate Merger
4. The Terrible Beautypower of Meow
5. Colossal Risk
6. The Unfolding Pause on the Threshold
7. Smuggled Mutation
8. Six Hands
9. The Debutante
10. Flower Garden of an Evil Man
11. Those Who Know...
12. Palace of Mirrors Reprise
13. The Return

Posted by Klarth

[quote]
4. The Terrible Beautypower of Meow
This song had better be ****ing amazing. If it isn't, a great title will have gone COMPLETELY to waste.

/me can't wait

Posted by Xenos

Hmm ... I was told it was a prog song, but not too sure. Correction Jim?

Posted by Shade

Quoting sniper: Dah, just makes me even more annoyed that I can't seem to find this band's music anywhere on the friggen internet.

You could always try searching for 'em on MySpace.