Typing in posts and not submitting

Posted by Iris

How often do you type replies and don't post them because you're worried about what others will think or how "good" the post really is?

I do this all of the time. At the last minute I'll just decide not to post it.

Posted by Ant

Every once inawhile. But I tend to know whether or not I'm going to post in the thread or not...so it doesn't become an issue really for me.

Posted by Bebop

Sometimes I start posting and then decide it's pointless or badly written or I can't think exaclty how to word it.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

3/4s of my posts are ones I probably shouldn't have even made for the very reason you listed. Then again, I don't really care how good they end up being. However, I do sometimes make a reply and realise halfway through that I've lost track of my point or I just can't figure out how to properly say what I want... and that probably happens one in every twenty posts I guess. So do the math.

Posted by Boner

I've done it several times. Mostly because I feel like nobody is going to read what I type anyway. Or if they do, they will completely miss my point.

Posted by mis0

I'd say about half of my posts never end up getting posted, actually. I didn't post what I wrote in the thread I read before this one.

Posted by Zeta

I used to do this very often. Now I abort posting very rarely.

Posted by Stalolin

This was once a trend of mine.

Now I could care less.

HALF OF MY POSTS WILL BE GONE THE NEXT DAY ANYWAYS

Posted by Xenos

I do it all the time - mainly when making threads. I suppose I feel as if I am making waaay too many or no one will respond. I remember when I was a newbie I was freaking out about people not responding to my thread and I'd get so ****ed off and emo. :(

Posted by Slade

I don't do this as much as I used to, but sometimes I won't be able to find a good way to word something or everything will feel so sluggish and unlike me that I won't want to post it.

Posted by Linko_16

I pretty much never do this. The only exceptions are when I find myself mistaken in what I am about to say, or decide there's no need to post in the first place.

Posted by Klarth

This happens with most of my posts.

Posted by higbvuyb

Hey, I wonder if I should post this or not. I don't knwo what otehrs might think of it.

Well, only sometimes, do I do this.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting higbvuyb: I don't knwo what otehrs might think of it.

Yeah, you might reveal that you're horribly dyslexic.

Kidding, of course, but I could scarcely resist the opportunity.

Posted by Speedfreak

Damnit, there's no clever way of saying "this one".

Posted by sabre

Quoting Bebop: Sometimes I start posting and then decide it's pointless or badly written or I can't think exaclty how to word it.

This. Or I decide that I should just keep my mouth shut.

Posted by Axis

Quoting Linko_16: I pretty much never do this. The only exceptions are when I find myself mistaken in what I am about to say, or decide there's no need to post in the first place.

Pretty much how I am.

Posted by The Judge

Quoting Iris: How often do you type replies and don't post them because you're worried about what others will think or how "good" the post really is?

In my time here, I've never once done that. Even if it's a horrendously offensive post, I've never deleted it. I've editted a lot, but never gotten rid of the main message, which I already think out before I type it. Obviously, I'm not overly concerned with what reaction I'll elicit.

Posted by Xero

I rarely do it because I think about what I want to post before I click submit reply, but it did happen that in the end I just said '**** it'

Posted by Vampnagel P. Wingpire

Never. On the occasion that I do start to type a post, it's always sent.

Posted by Fate

Sometimes I feel that my post is just an unnecessary reiteration. Other times I feel lazy to complete the post. Most of the time, though, I can't find the words.

I do it often.

Posted by Arczu

If the subject is serious and I don't know about the subject, I tend not to post it. Because chances are that usually those half-arsed guesses will make me look like an idiot.

Otherwise, I don't do it.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I usually do it because I either forget what I was going to say, or I can't find the words to say it.