RE4 Spoiler Thread

Posted by Black_Wolf

Okay, first off, cheers to RE4 for being the best of the series, the best game on the GC and possibly in the running for Game Or The Year even though it was released in January. Now that that's done, lets talk about some plot twists.

Bebop was talking earlier about reading the NP section w/ a bunch of spoliers, and I was just wondering what the spoilers were. I didn't follow the cutscenes extremely close and I don't know all of the RE history, so...what exactly happened with Ada, the big Russian and what not? I guess the big plot twist was the fact that Wesker is mentioned. I haven't beat Ada's side mission or the mercenary thing. So if someone who knows the whole story would like to fill me in, that woudl be great.

Posted by Illyria110

im not sure either, very confused, i was under the impression that Ada died in Re2. What happened to umbrella and what happened during this 6 year gap?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: What happened to umbrella and what happened during this 6 year gap?

The game covers this right at the beinging. Because of what happened at Racoon City, Umbrella's stock shot down, and they eventually went bankrupt. Thus, they are no more.

Or something like that anyways.

Posted by Saruman

RE4 is a great game but I thought RE1 was the best for gamecube.

As for ada I thought she died in RE2 for nintendo 64.

I dont remember the big russian guy at all from any of the games.

Also I dont remember ada working for wesker in RE2 so that was kind of a suprise to me.

Posted by Illyria110

oh right, i remember that, i just want to know what happened to the rest of the characters, i thought i missed somthing

Posted by Vampire Slayer

Just because Ada was shoot at and stuff does not mean she was killed. Remeber in Resident Evil One Wesker had a large claw shoved through his stomach. But Umbrella was able to bring him back to life. So why couldn't they bring Ada back to life? It makes since if you think about. And it never said if Ada was working for wesker or not. So their is now way of knowing if she was working for Wesker or just for Umbrella.

Posted by Burrito

By the big Russian guy, you mean Krauser, right? He didn't appear in any of the other Resident Evil games. Leon worked with him in some government organization, AFTER the umbrella incident. Wesker is trying to revive umbrella. I think he was trying to get his hand on a Los Plagas sample, so he could mix it with the T-virus and create some kinf of super virus.

Posted by Aioros

Quoting Vampire Slayer: Just because Ada was shoot at and stuff does not mean she was killed. Remeber in Resident Evil One Wesker had a large claw shoved through his stomach. But Umbrella was able to bring him back to life. So why couldn't they bring Ada back to life? It makes since if you think about. And it never said if Ada was working for wesker or not. So their is now way of knowing if she was working for Wesker or just for Umbrella.

[COLOR=Yellow]Wesker came back to life with superhuman strength after he was killed in RE1 because he had injected himself with a virus he and William Birkin were working on, prior to going in the mansion with the STARS members. If fact, if i remember correctly, it was his intention to get killed by the Tyrant either to trick everyone into thinking he was dead, or to test William's virus. All of this is revealed in the Wesker files. And Ada does work for Wesker, Leon finds this out when he first meets her.[/COLOR]

Posted by wolfy-Kiba

If you Wanna Know the Entire Resident Evil stroy line they Got a series of "Re" Books out that cover the games plots from the Mansion(Re1) to the Nemesis(Re3), but im guessin most would rather play the games then read a book. I read a Few of them and they really go in depth to the game so it might be worthwhile for You guys too just check it out.

Posted by Bebop

Quoting Aioros: [COLOR=Yellow]Wesker came back to life with superhuman strength after he was killed in RE1 because he had injected himself with a virus he a William Birkin were working on, prior to going in the mansion with the STARS members. If fact, if i remember correctly, it was his intention to get killed by the Tyrant either to trick everyone into thinking he was dead, or to test William's virus. All of this is revealed in the Wesker files. And Ada does work for Wesker, Leon finds this out when he first meets her.[/COLOR]

Probably to trick himself I'd say. Othweriwse they'd be no point in killing yourself to see if it worked when he could have just as well tried it on a subject. Y'know?

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]I went back to check the Wesker Report to refresh my memory, and it turns out i was right. Here's a direct quote from Wesker himself on the whole incident: "I injected the virus i obtained from Birkin in advance. If i made Umbrella believe i was dead, it made it far more convenient to sell myself to the opposing corporation. According to Birkin, the virus had profound effects, it would put my body in a state of temporary death, and would then bring me back to life with superhuman powers. Therefore, i unleashed an awesome tyrant from its slumber, and let it attack me."

So basically he did sacrifice himself for his own personal benefits. His whole strategy has been planned out perfectly years in advance. To sum up Wesker's plans: He fakes his own death, steals Umbrella's viruses, sells them to an unknown company he apparently is still working for, years later Umbrella goes bankrupt, and Wesker plans to bring it back with him in control. Gotta hand it to him, the man knows what he is doing.

I also remembered from watching the Wesker Report again that Ada has been working with or for Wesker since 1998.[/COLOR]

Posted by Bebop

All so confusing! Why would he steal from Umbrella and betray them only to want to bring them back later? I'm gathering a sinister plot devlopment but it wouldnt make a differen to me. The whole Resi story confuses the heck out of me.

Posted by Black_Wolf

Quoting Bebop: All so confusing! Why would he steal from Umbrella and betray them only to want to bring them back later? I'm gathering a sinister plot devlopment but it wouldnt make a differen to me. The whole Resi story confuses the heck out of me.

I guess that's why its so durned intruiging.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Most likely he wants to bring back Umbrella back now because he has a chance to be boss and in control of the corporation, rather than just be one of it's employees like he was before. Still though, he has all the major viruses created by Umbrella(T, G, and Nemesis virus), plus the Veronica and now the "las plagas" parasite. He could just create his own company and make himself boss (if that's what he really wants). Why try to bring back Umbrella? A corporation with a reputation shot to hell after the Racoon City incident. If he develops a new company himself, he coud go about his evil plans in secrecy, at least. Bringing back Umbrella will do nothing but get the U.S government on his a[COLOR=Yellow]s[/COLOR]s, it doesn't make much sense.

There has to be a reason why, which we can only speculate for now.[/COLOR]

Posted by Draxamus

Here's an interesting twist in RE4 that is a little hard to pick up on: Ada is Hunnigan. You bump into Ada right around the time you lose contact with Hunnigan. During the first encounter with Ada she's wearing glasses, but she uses them to create a flashbang (they're special glasses!) and make her escape. A bit after you last see Ada, Hunnigan contacts you again, only this time she is without her glasses. Leon then points out the fact that she is without glasses. There's also Leon's interest in Ada. After he rescues Ashley, she offers him a little overtime (XXX), but Leon refuses. I'd say he refuses her because he has a thing for Ada. He also expresses an interest in Hunnigan during their last conversation, when he asks her out. Perhaps without her glasses on, he is subconsciously making the connection that she is Ada. The clues are subtle, but I find them convincing.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]Umm, but Hunnigan doesn't look or sound anything like Ada. Ada is asian, Hunnigan is not. And the reason you lose contact with Hunnigan is because Ramon cuts into the signal, and then Salazar.[/COLOR]

Posted by Draxamus

Ada is disguising herself. She just puts her hair up, masks her real voice, and she is Hunnigan. I mean if she looked and sounded exactly like Ada, it wouldn't be a very good disguise! And what makes you think she isn't asian? Hunnigan's skin color looks similar to Ada's.

Yes, the enemy cuts into the signal, and then you meet Ada. Ada's main goal is to get that special sample of the las plagas. She essentially has Leon do all the dirty work, while she stays in the background. It would make more sense for her to guide him via radio, disguised, rather than giving herself away. But once the enemy cuts the signal off, she has no choice but to step into the fray so she can continue to lead Leon around, and aid him (although she only aids him for her own gain).

Also, "Ramon" is Salazar's first name.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR=Yellow]I still highly doubt it, i need to replay certain parts of the game to be completely sure.[/COLOR]

Quoting Draxamus: Also, "Ramon" is Salazar's first name.

[COLOR=Yellow]My bad, i meant to say Ramon and then Sadler.
[/COLOR]