Kayne's story

Posted by Wally The Weird

Here you go! This is what I guess would be the prologue of Kayne. Now, the shadowy figure I mention is actually the main badguy (Gal). I just left it uber ambiguous so that it's easy to build off of. Sorta.
Also, both are Kingdom Key, they just appear differently.

-----------------Kingdom of Kenis--------------------
"You have your orders Markus, now go forth, and bring me the 'item'." Queen Feri ordered a kneeling knight in front of her. The Knight stood up, bowed, and walked out. The knight was a dark knight, in black armor with a longsword on his back, two smaller swords at his sides, and a collapsable sheild on his chest plate. His face was hidden by a visor, and in fact all of his features were hidden by the black armor, save the fact that he was very, very tall. Markus, the black knight, walked out of the throne room, and upon reaching the gate, was stopped by a voice.
"So, where are we headed today Mark?" The voice called from the shadows beside the knight. The knight stopped, and began to chuckle, before turning and lifting his visor to face the voice. What was hidden beneatht the armor, was a handsom young man with short black hair.
"And what makes you think that you'll be joining me?" He said as he began to walk out. As he did, the voice followed him, stepping out of the shadows, to reveal a young man with short black hair, two eyes like eagles, not quite as tall as the knight, with talon feet, and a single wing on his back, in the shape of an eagles, but it looked like that of an angels. At his sides he wore two blades, one short sword, and one dagger, blue pants, a black leather vest that was open, revealing a white under shirt, and at his calf, was a holster.
"Well, lets see. First, the Queen is sending you on a dangerous mission again, so you need me. Second, I have a map to where it is you are going, or at least I can find one easy enough, so you want me." The voice began,
"And third?" The knight inquired, stopping outside to mount up his horse. The voice laughed at him for a moment, before walking up, and leaning on the horse in a care-free manner.
"And third, I'm your best freind, so you don;t have any choise! Besides, there is always some good lewt on these missions you frequent. I still don't understand why you won't take any." He said, as he jumped effortlessly upword, his feet landing on the horse, and he stood on top of it.
"I am a knight! I am paid to do my duty to the royalty, not pillage and plunder. I do not mind you stealing, so long as you do so only from those who gain through ill-gotten means. My honor commands that I not steal from the less fortuanate. At least while I'm around." He said, mounting onto the horse. The voice stepped back, standing firmly on the horses butt.
"Ah yes, now I remember. You're a stiff. So, where are we headed this time? You know you can't out run me on a horse, especially one wiht so much armor, so you might as well tell me." The voice said, as the horse began to trot out of the castle grounds.
"We are going to Mt.Gaia, the Queen as informed me that there is an item of extreme value to our kingdom. It is my honor to aquire something for her." He said.
"But, I thought Mt.Gaia was Terrle territory? Wouldn't that be stealing from a nation, even if we are at war with them, and therfore dishonorable?" The voice questioned as he waved to a few girls who were known as the village 'Sweet Hearts."
"No. The nation of Terrle surrendered last night. I do not know the details, however, in accordance with the peace treaty they signed, we have full rights to there lands so long as reconstruction is underway. In addition, they perminantly surrendered the mountain to us." Markus explained.
"WHAT?!" The voice almost yelled as he almost fell off the horse when he heard the news. "The nation surrendered?! That doesn't make any sence! We were at war with them for less then 24 hours! What possible reconstruction could they be doing?" He asked as he steadied himself on the horse.
"I do not know, but we can see there kingdom from the mountain, so we will be able to see from there. Oh, and by the way,-" The knight stopped the horse, and turned to the voice "Thanks for coming Kayne."
"Hey, what are freinds for?"
---------------------The foot of Mt. Gaia-------------------------
Kayne and Markus rode to the foot of Mt. Gaia, at the foot of which was a ghost town. True to the legends, the empty buildings and charred trees indicated a massive fire broke out, leaving none alive. The two trotted on the horse until they came to a path filled with rocks and very steep.
"Sorry Bill, looks like your on your own. Head back to the castle, we'll be fine from here." Markus spoke to the horse, and sent him away. Kayne gracefuly jumped, and fell to the ground slowly, as if he weighed as much as a piece of paper. "You can glide us home can't you?" Markus asked Kayne. Kayne smirked
"Look, even with all that armor on, I can still carry you with ease while gliding. You weigh about double what I do right now, possibly even tripple, but I can carry at least ten times my body weight before I even FEEL drag on my glide. Lets get going, you said it was in a shrine at the top of the mountain right?" Kayne was eager to press on, but Markus stalled him.
"Yes, but I was told that there was a key that allowed acess to the shrine from the base. We should probably search the town to find it." Markus began to look, before Kayne tossed a small rocked that hit him square in the head, bouncing off his helm.
"Mark, have you COMPLETLEY forgotten that I am here? I may be a low life scumbag, but I am also the number one lockpicker in the world. Come on, we're wasting valuable(ish) time." Kayne began walking up the path to the entrance to a cave. Markus just shook his head and followed.
The two walked into the cave, but could not see, so Kayne did the semi-smart thing, and pulled out his blaster. "Stn setting, and a few wire crossings later and-Viola!" Holding the trigger down, the gun built up a ball of grene energy at it's tip, and then stopped it from gathering more. "The saftey will keep it form firing and should provide us some light, but I only have about an hours worth, then the saftey will fade and I'll need to fire, so lets get going!" The two walked along for a few seconds, before accidentaly stepping onto a circular rune. A sudden flash of light filled the room, and a great maginitude of torhes going down the cave were instantly and magically lit.
Kayne turned off his blaster while Markus laughed and pressed on.
About five minutes later, the two reached a lage door. "Well, here it is, do your stuff Kayne." Markus told him. Kayne walked to the door, and pulled out a small box, inside were various theives tools. After almost ten minutes of tests and experiments, Kayne stood back up.
"Ok, that should do it!" Charging the door with his shoulder, Kayne slammed into it at full force, but to no effect, other then his shoulder being bruised. "Looks like you were right, we needed those keys. I can undo one lock, but I need to undo both of them at the same time, so I can;t pick it. Well, no matter, we can always use, them." Kayne said. Markus locked eyes with him, and nodded.
"Hey markus, mind if I ask you one more question?" Kayne asked as the two stepped back and stood perfectly symmetrical witht he door and the two locks.
"Shoot." Markus said as he de-equiped his large sword, and then held out his hand. Kayne did the same thing.
"How come we never use these things more often?" Kayne and Markus both gripped their hands, and with a white flash of light, and a black flash of light, two swords, both in the shape of giant keys, appeared in their hands. The two tips touched, and each shot a ray of light to the lock that was oposite the other, crossing at where the blades met. There was a sound of a 'click' and the door opened.
"Well, if we used them, then who knows who would come after us for them. Remember, we did get them from Mechlore, and he is known for making some rather shady deals to get the resources he wants." Both keys vanished in the same way they appeared, and the two stepped through the door. As they entered, the door cloase, shutting off all light.
In a brilliant flash of light, the room was revealed to them as being perfectly circular with a smaller circle big enough for a small group to stand on, and four gems, one red, one blue, one green, and one yellow, each at the points of North East West and South. The two walked onto the smaller circle, and touched a fith gem that floated in mid air in the direct center of the room, the gem was perfectly spherical nd looked like a diamond. Once they touched it, a ray of light shot from each of the four marker gems, and hit the floating diamond, causing it to flash a brilliance of color, and then, stop.
"Wow, an old fasioned gate, this place must be pretty old." Markus remarked as the two walked in the same direction they had been, and reached a new door. Opening it, they stepped out into a hallway.
Walking upwords in a spiral for nearly ten minutes, the two eventually came to another large, perfectly circular room, completley shrowded in darkness, except for a small light, that shone on a small pedistle with a very tiny white pearl on it.
"That is the item her magistee requires. We must obtain it!" Markus declared. Kayne nodded, and the two stepped into the room. However, the moment they set foot on the floor, their feet slipped, and they noticed something, somehting very, very bad.
The darkness began to move.
Untwisting and uncoiling, the darkness took shape, and light filled the room. Suddenly, a large, gigantic shadowy dragon took form, and it roared with intense ferocity, before its scales cracked, and its eyes, wings, and cracked flesh began to burn, revealing it to be a legendary, possibly now nearly one of a kind Balrog Dragon.
"Well sh!t." Kayne dashed right and Markus charged head on. The dragon roared, and then lowered its head, unleashing a wave of fire. Markus, in an incredible feat of strength, leaped over the flames, drew is sword, and struck at the dragon. His mighty blade, which can cleave even the flesh of an Arc Dragon, whos hide is composed of the hardest scales, passed through the shadows, and had no effect.
"Kayne, a little assistance would be helpful!" Markus was grabbed by the dragon, and tossed through the air before crashing into the far wall. The dragon turned and roared as it came face to face with Kayne. There was a brilliant flash of light, and suddenly the dragon roared again, this time in anguish.
"Awesome, my blaster worked!" The dragon roared and slashed its tail at Kayne. "Not awesome! I need another five minutes for a recharge, and that could make this battle last for about forever." Kayne jumped and landed on the dragons tail as it whipped past him. As it reached its peak, Kayne again jumped, and glided through the air, supported by his magically composed wing. Charging in midair to the dragon, drew his sword, and slashed. Unlike Markus's blade however, the sword cleaved deeply into the dragons flesh.
"Markus! Use your sword and sheild! The dragon is weak against light! Darkness may actually make it stronger!" Tossing his sword into his left hand, Kayne held out his hand, and again drew his key. The dragon stopped, and stared at the magical blade, and froze for a moment, before its eyes widened and it began slashing wildly with its tail and claws.
"Kayne watch out!" Markus called. As Kayne glided past the dragon, it roared, and then let loose a mighty wave of fire at the one winged rogue. Kayne was engulfed in fire, and his charred body crashed and flew into the far wall. "Animate Armor!" Using a special trick of his very own, Markus slipped out of his armor magically, as if he were a ghost. His armor however continued to stand and weild his weapons, and became an animated souless soldier. Markus rushed over to Kayne.
"Markus? Somethings wrong, I feel, hot!" Kayne remarked as Markus rushed to him. Using a scroll of water, meant for emergency rasions primarily, he used it to conjure forth a large mass of water that immidatley put out his freind.
"Well of course you're hot! A dragon just coated you in fire!" Markus said as he helped KAyne up, who was surprisingly unharmed. He was hurt, but not dead.
"No! A Balrog dragon should have no trouble burning me, or you, to a crisp! Even if we survived, we would at least have third degree burns! But I'm fine! Maybe my wing saved me, but I would still not be this fine! I think we're dealing with something considerably weaker then a Balrog Dragon." Kayne got up, and looked at his keyblade. "Remember what Mechlore said? Something about this thing drawing shadows because they fear this? Maybe this is such a shadow!" Kayne looked at his blade, and then at the dragon. "Why not give it a shot?" Kayne asked.
"Why not indeed." Markus remarked. Summoing his armor and undoing his spell, markus put away his sword, as did Kayne. Then, Markus drew his key of dark light. The two stood together, and faced the dragon. The dragon roared and then unleashed another wave of fire at the two of them.
"Lets go! Sky Dive Special!" Charging at the dragon, the two jumped over the flames. Kayne landed on Markus's shoulders, and then launched humself away from the dragon and Markus at it. As Kayne shot through the air, he corrected his flight path, and shot for the dragon. The two met, and slashing their blades, with Kayne on the right and Markus on the left, they slashed through the dragons neck, and beheaded it, their magical blades passing through as though the dragon were nothing but air.
Twitching and writhing for a short time, the dragon collapsed on the ground, and then, it died. However, it then melted away, and the darkness was gone, and othing remained of the dragon, save a few scortch marks on the walls.
"Let us return this to her magisty as soon as possible!" Markus walked to the gem, and picked it up. Just as he did, the walls crumbled, and then broke away, revealing the room to the outside. "Look, the nation of Terr-" Markus began, but he stopped. He and Kayne oth stared at the former nation of Terrle, it's kingdoms, it's forests, it's villages, all burned to the ground, and either still burning, or black as coal.
"What could have caused such destruction so quickley?!" Kayne asked. Markus shook his head.
"Perhaps her magisty will know." Markus asked, and a voice responded.
"Indeed I shall." Both Kayne and Markus turned, and saw the queen, walking to them. She was beautiful, and looked to be only in her early twenties, despite nearing sixty. She was in a purple robe, and held a scepter in her hand. "Thank you both, for bringing me to the eye of Odin. That gem you have is not pearl, but the eye of a g0d! Give it to me, and our great nation shall be ruler of this world, and indeed, all other worlds!" She commanded them. Markus looked at the gem in his hand, and questioned himself.
"Your highness, what happened to Terrle? Just last week they were thriving, and now they are consumed in flames! What happened to them?" He asked, the gem in his hand began to throb.
"Simple, we anniahlated them, using this." Snapping her fingers, the Queens scepter glowed, and then, a darkness appeared, and it took the shape of an illconceived man almost. A living shadow. "Using this," She gestured to her staff "Supplied to me by a weapons dealer, I can summon darkness, or manipulate that around me. I can only give it simple shape, such as this, but each dark shadow can spread, and corrupt others. Using a single shadow, I can turn an army against its own nation!" The queen gained a crazed look in her eye. "Give me the stone, and I shall grant you both countless treasures." Markus looked firmly at the small stone in his hands, and then at Kayne.
"Never! Your magisty, I must resign from my post as knight, and I shall not grant you this stone!" Markus pocketed the stone, and drew his readied his key. Kayne readied himself as well.
"What! Why on earth would you turn against the most powerful nation on this, or any other world?!" The queen demanded to know. Markus through off his helm, and smiled.
"Because, to side with you, who would resort to such methods, is without honor!" Charging, Markus raised his key and brought it down ont he shadow, killing it. Kayne dashed for the queen.
SNAP!
Kayne was thrown back by a sudden push, and Markus swayed as if blown by a harsh wind. The queen turned and smiled. "Welcome, I had wondered when you would be joining us. Retrieve my stone please, and I will use its power to find the keyhole! Together, we can unleashe this worlds power, and rule side by side over all of the darkness!" Before her now stood a cloaked, undifinable figure. However, as the queen spoke, the figure shook it's head. The figure raised it's hand, and pointed at Markus, and its other hand, at Kayne.
Suddenly, both of their keys began to shine, Markus shone black, while Kaynes shown white. The two lights met, and formed a vortex of swirling light like wind, and then it took shape on the ground.
It shone brightly in the shape of a keyhole, in the exact center of the room. The queen gasped and smiled, and approached the keyhole. She began to laugh, and she stepped onto the keyhole, and a tremendous power rushed into her. "YES! Staff, call forth the darkness, and fill me with power beyond compare!" As she spoke, several shadows appeared, and entered the keyhole. Then, the light began to fluxuate, and suddenly, the queen screamed.
"Wh-whats happening to me?!" Markus and Kayne could only watch as the queens flesh darkned, and her beatiful hair and robes vanished, and she herself became one of the shadows. He scepter vanished, and the shadow twitched before entering the keyhole.
The figure stood before them. "Give me the stone, and I shall grant you mercy." The figure spoke, but it could not be heard, only understood. Markus refused. Shrugging, the figure rose its arm, and a wave of darkness struck markus. Markus brought forth his sheild and tried to block the wave.
"Kayne! I can't hold it for long! Get out of here!" The figure pressed the attack, and saw that markus was falling. His sheild began to crack, and markus drew out his key of darkness, and began to block with it.
"I can't leave without you! We're getting out of here, together!" Kayne dashed for Markus. Markus however, while still blocking the attack, held out his fist, and punched Kayne square in the gut, weakening him drastically.
"You shall be consumed by the darkness." The figure spoke again, in the same unheard but still understood way, continuing to press the attack. All around them, the world was being consumed by darkness, and slowly, but rapidly increasing, it was fasing away, the keyhole too was growing darker at the exact same rate.
"You are going to live Kayne. Now get outta here!" Markus reached into his pocket, and slipped Kayne the stone. Freeing his keyblade and turning, he took the attack with his back facing it, his life slowly fading. "GO!" Kayne stood up and attempted to refuse, but Markus raised his key, and a ray of light struck markus sqaure in the heart, directly where he put the stone. Suddenly markus was coated in a black light aura, and he vanished away.
"Good bye, Markus. May my honor grant me peace." Markus was then consumed, along with his world, in a veild of darkness, and his world vanished.
Kayne vanished as well, but to where, he is not certain.

Posted by Arcadios

Sounds like a mixter of Final Fantasy 4, Star wars and The legend of Zelda.
The one wing also sounds like the two wings that Eiyuu and Kurai have that are black and white but yours seems permenat......GO KANYE..........WEST!!!
"I ain't saying she's a gold digga, but she ain't messing with no broke niggas."
lol
But can you explain the last parapgraph when the queen stepped into the keyhole I was a little confused.

Simple, she was consumed by the darkness, and became a heartless.
As for his wing, Kayne is a doro with a defect, instead of having two, he has one wing. All Doro wings are composed, essentially of life force and magical energy, however, unlike the others, Kaynes wings can carry magic, which is what allows him to use the fire spell combo, blizzard spell combo, and thunder spell combo.
---------------------------------------------------
The queen was told the keyhole would give her the power of her world, and the eye of odin is something else to bolster her power.
That part is based off of FF9 more then FF4

Posted by Arcadios

Well I never played FF9 so the only thing I have to say about the game is that the main chracter is to short to be a main chracter but thats my opinion.
I'm still wondering how they both got their keyblades plus I'm still confused on what Markus did to Kanye.

Markus used his keyblade, in conjunction with the Eye of Odin, to save markus from being consumed by the darkness.
I might add something to this, a story from when they were younger, early teens, and they both got their keyblades. They both received them from a guy named Mechlore, who I mentioned before if you remember.
Mecholre got his name from Mechlore the sword smith in chrono trigger, and even takes after him in that respect crafting all kinds of odd and magical weapons.
Think of him as a Square Soft version of Totosai from Inu-Yasha. Except the original mechlore came first.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Wally The Weird: Markus used his keyblade, in conjunction with the Eye of Odin, to save markus from being consumed by the darkness.

Don't ya mean saved Kanye?

Yeah, thats what I meant to type, Kayne. Sometimes the wires in me brain meats get crossered and I gets a wee bit confuzzled.
Yeah, save Kayne.

However, when he pulls out his keyblade, it will be a different one then kingdom key. In fact, it's going to be a revolutionary keyblade, despite it not being the strongest of them, it has the potential.

Posted by Arcadios

For example kinda like Riku's dark keyblade in kh1 with the power to unlock peoples hearts?

Yeah. While he wont become as powerful keyblader as Eiyuu, he will gain more and far more amazing abilities.
I was thinking of having him start off with the Gunkey, which is the Keyblade version of Squalls (Leons) sword, the gunblade.

Posted by Arcadios

Trying to out show me, huh? :-D
Hmmm.....

if i wanted to out shine you, I'd start using time as a weapon, or maybe space-time.

Or, maybe just my idea of how time travel could work.

Posted by Arcadios

Time-travel kills everything it sometimes gets outta hand.

So it's only been Wally and I for today, well hopefully we'll find Riku and Kairi here.
G'night.

Posted by Tysis

That is a very good prologue. Bravo

So I was wondering, how does one play this game? I play D&D, so im used to all of that, but I mean the last time I tried to join, Kairi Fan told me I wasn't invited, but maybe now she's warmed up to me. Anyways, If I can play, pm me or just post back on this thread I guess (sry to spam this thread with the question, just wanted the chance of more people seeing this than just pm-ing everyone. Let me know if I can play, so i can start reading up on what I need to.

Posted by Riku Dark Badass

I do not know if you can join but i doubt it. good job Wally i need Kairi's sub chapter so i can write! whats taking her so long? also sorry guys for not being here lately ill try to show up more

Posted by Arcadios

*Tick*...*Tock*...*Tick*...*Tock*....Kairi.....It's been so long since you said you were going to post up your side of chapter 21.......*Tick*...*Tock*....Your homework is over due.
.....Ahem.....:hanging:

Yeah! Hurry up! Or at least give us a reason as to why you haven't posted it yet! I mean, theres not being able to do it, and then there is just blowing us off completley.

YOUR SO MEAN!
*Hugs Squirrel Teddy*

Posted by Arcadios

Well she said she'd post it up last Saturday but then she told me wednesday which is tomorrow and since she hasen't logged on since.....we can only wait. :cookie:

shes been gone a while

Posted by Arcadios

Yeas last time I saw her here was saturday.

shes been gone for 3 days maybe she has stopped caring

Posted by Arcadios

Wally Im sorry I have to bitch like this but can their be like a restriction on the use of the keyblade that Kanye has because then when we type up thing for Kanye and Eiyuu there going to get repetative since they both have keyblades.
I like it better before when everyone had their own specialty:
Eiyuu-Keyblade
Renai-Alchemist
Vecks-Black Magic
Aurie-White Magic
Mateo-Atlantian
Each one of use had your own special abilities which made it for more creativity.
And I remember you said your going to have abilities for Kanye but it will have the keyblade in it and like I said before it'll get too repetetive.
Add don't say that I didn't llike Kanye or thought that you were coping me cause that impossible since:
1-I Supported Kayne from the start
7-My ideas aren't original at all since I'm basiaclly taken material from Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy
4-I have no reason to put this
And I'm not saying anything towards you cause I thought about it AFTER I said "yea" and say it would make a critical hit on the project were doing.

yea and they each have their own specialty i mean come on man its getting out of hand on the characters you are making seriously man i thought it was stupid that we have like more keyblade masters and also he bought it?! thats impossible and not smart also i think it may be a little retarded that he has only one wing and also what is with you and that one wing thing too

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Kairi Fan: Now we get to write the subchapters! lol.

This was posted 05-29-2006, 02:22 PM when chapter 20 was finished and it is....*Checks watch*....ahem....06-06-2006, 10:29 PM so it has been 7 days and that should be enough....so we'll wait 1 more day. Since we've been waiting ever so patient and Riku needs EVERYONE to finish their sub-chapters to go on to chapter 22, when wednesday is over Riku will go on ahead without you, kairi,......sorry.....I'll do it myself.
:cookie: :hanging:
By the way comment on my sig, k?

im up for it seriously i pulled an all nighter just so i could get Chapter 20 up before i left so what excuse do you have? Sorry for being an @ss but you need to hurry up

Sheesh, you guys can't go one day without complaining about me or my meathods can you?
First of all, I designed Kayne to be an outcast, this is because of his one wing. Now, as for the keyblade, he bought it, but he was meant to have it all along, and he is going to be a keyblader regardless. However, I will limit his keyblade use. When we first meet him, he is getting it fine tuned by the guy who made it, so he doesn't have it, and then when he does get it, he'll still use his sword/dagger combo with the occasional blaster shot because the keyblade draws heartless, which is bad for sneaking up on people.
He has one wing for a reason. That reason will be revealed in my own personal story of Kayne that I pulled him from, but possibly not here.
Now, I think I might make it so that his using the keyblade draws on personal energy, so it's kind of like SSJ from DBZ; Lots of extra power, but it costs a good chunk too. Markus will be a similar situation, he won't use the keyblade the first time you see him, because he does not remember it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am willing to wait longer if Kairi will at least say something. If she comes on tomorow, and says she'll have it ready by *Insert date here* or tells why shes put it off so long for *Insert reason here* then I'll be content.

Posted by Arcadios

So does this mean ur going to add 2 people to the party and have kanye with so many weapons?
I personally think there are too many weapons for one guy.

yea i know i mean seriously a sword a dagger a gun a keyblade does he keep them in his Wing?

Nah, not really, I mean think about it. He has his gun, which is in it's holster the majority of the time, and then he has his two small blades. Not much else. As for the keyblade, it's usually in limbo, or wherever it goes when not in use, so that doesn't count until he actually uses it.

I was goign to give him a special 'One-thousand needles' ability, where he shoots needles from his wing. About five seconds later it occured to me that while it might be interesting, it's impracticle, and unless your a demon, or a magical entity of some variety, probably either painful or just stupid.

I went with stupid.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Granted, he isn't prone to just one weapons at a time, but his weapons aren't exactly Tide size, so I think I can give him three smaller weapons, and then one keyblade.
The wing I gave Aurie, now that I think back on it, was kind of stupid. IT was just spur of the moment, and I couldn;t think of anything else. Oh well.

Posted by Arcadios

Okay I can deal with this just as ya keep the keyblade to a minimum cause like a said "Specialties" so since it seems he uses his gun more then anything we'll out him under the catagory "Gunner".

lol yea Tide is made of all the elements but idk its just i think there are to many keybladers floating around

yea we dont have a gunner thats for sure

Posted by Arcadios

well the are now 4:
Full-Users:
Eiyuu/Kurai
Yuujin

Part-time users:
Kanye
Markus

I do like the idea of him using a gun often, but it just doesn't work. His expertise is being a theif, stealth and speed are his ultimate weapons. A gun, which is loud, and in this case slow, kind of contridicts that. He just keeps it around for emergencies, or when he wants to show off.
I'll probably give him magical swords, but nothing fancy. More like enchanted then magical, nothing epic or something.
Now, for keyblading purposes, I was thinking of
Initially when he uses it, it's base setting is Gunkey.
When he uses the magical conjunction ability, then he can use the keyblade of that element (I'll design them in a bit). Again, burns through energy, and it does effect his stats, lowering some and raising others.

Again, the keyblade will probably be one of those things that he has, but isn;t prone on. Besides, I already gave him magic conjunction, can't make him TOO powerful. In fact, how about as a result of the eye of odin, which he does not know he has, he can ONLY use the keyblade when using the magical conjunction?
Technically, Kayne is a perminent addition. While I have no idea how long he will remain after words, he will stay through the duration of the second story.

Posted by Arcadios

Wally, I have a simply question.
Did you ever here of a word called "Limit"?

Yup, I just choose to disregard it :)
Seriously though, I am limiting him. I could just give him a keyblade at all times, allow him to use magic freely, and I dunno, give him a laser cannon or something.

And don;t think I haven't been tempted too!

I personaly think the concept of him only using a keyblade during the magical conjunction is a limitation. Kind of like using drive almost.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, btw,
Above, did you mean party members, or keybladers when you said part time and full time?

Posted by Arcadios

keyblade.
maybe you should make markus a bad keyblade master since Eiyuu has Kurai and having THREE keyblade masters in one party if a little...."too much".

Y'know, sooner or later you are going to have to make up your freaking mind!
How about THIS? Kayne can't use the keyblade because the eye of odin is being sealed inside him by it? When he gets rid of it eventually, he uses the keyblade, which will be influenced by the magical conjunction?

Markus however, will pull out a keyblade more then once, and will be absolutley RUTHLESS with it. Just not initially.

However, if this is the path I take, then I still want him to have a gunblade to reflect his gunner aspect. So he'll receive a gundirk, a smaller gunblade about the size of a long dagger, to replace his old one.

How about that?

Posted by Arcadios

At LEAST give me the decency of an actual response.

Posted by Arcadios

how about we wait for kairi cause I don't wanna look like an ass since she's more....straight forward then me.

Look, just say it already! If you have a problem with Kayne point it out NOW before we write him into the story, and then make it (The problem) even worse.

Then we can try and solve this problem.

Posted by Arcadios

Kanye shouldn't have a keyblade and you should make a weapon or take a weapon from final fantasy not made into the stroy yet.

You DO realize of course, that you were the one who said 'Go ahead' when I was hesitant to even add the keyblade in the first place right?

I won't go back and undo the chapter, simply because it fits. If he can't use his keyblade after one year (Thats how long ago it happened....I think) and then he sees someone with one, he is going to either
A. Assume he stole it
B. Not care, and take it anyways cause he wants it back.

If we make it so he cannot use it because the eye of odin is being sealed by it, and then when it becomes unsealed he gains it, and then he relinquishes it to save Markus from becoming a heartless (He won't join the party) then that works just fine in my opinion.

Any problems with this idea? If so, point them out please.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, I am far too lazy to go back and rewrite the prologue.

Posted by Arcadios

read the last sentence from the first post I put for today on this thread I know I supportted Kanye but then I thought about the structure of the story.

Whats wrong with him having a keyblade that he doesn't use? I mean seriously, it even gives him a reason to try (And fail) to go after Eiyuu, and to keep company with the party. It fits!!!
I will however admit, that having him use a keyblade regularly would put a redundant strain on the story, which is why I suggested my idea, that way I don't have to go back and re-write his prologue so it fits everyone elses demands, and we don;t really have another keyblader in the party.

there resides the question whats the point in having it then

That indeed is a good point, and I have what I beleive to be a good response.

The keyblade he was given, gave him and Markus the means to destroy the heartless dragon. It also provides a means of sealing the Eye of Odin. The other, more active reason, is it inspired him. When he sees Eiyuu use the keyblade, he insantly comes to the conclusion he either knows Mechlore, who claimed to only give out the two to Markus and Himself, and then thinks he might have gotten it from Markus somehow. He steals it to learn it, and when he is told the truth, he follows the group because he knows that if one of their own has a keyblade, then logically, they must have SOME connection to the heartless, the darkness, the light, the disappearing of worlds, and even his world somehow.

That, and I am too lazy to go back and rewrite something I already wrote.

Posted by Arcadios

Would you be willing to make Kanye a rival to Eiyuu but real rival not like yuujin when they were friendly rivals?
So Eiyuu and Kanye don't like each other but it because of Kanye since Eiyuu had no problem with Kanye.
Kanye didn't like Eiyuu from the start for reasom's you make up.

bro its Kayne and it doesnt sound like a bad idea

How about,
Kayne dislikes Eiyuu because he has mastered the keyblades, and can no longer use his own. Eiyuu doesn't like him because he managed to successfuly steal his keyblade (Until he resummoned it) and because Kayne dislikes him.

Of course, we'll make it something along the lines of the two are insanley powerful when they work together, but hardly do.

Just a rough idea.
------------------------------------------------------------
I gotta go, I'll talk to you alls tomorow, I still have school for another week :(

Posted by Arcadios

Me too but I'm staying on and there is no way that Eiyuu is getting his keyblade stolen.
Eiyuu basically makes his weapon disappear when he's not useing it so there wouldn't be a way for kayne to steal it.

hmm well neither one are my character so i have no say

Why not?
I ran this by you guys a while ago. Kayne witnesses a legion of heartless attacking the group. Eiyuu pulls out his keyblades and starts laying waste. As the battle progresses, the group flees on a gummi ship, and Kayne stoes aboard. Eiyuu quickley realizes that during the fight, one of his keyblades didn't return to him, so he just re-summons it. Kayne goes 'Wtf?" and they find him.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am going to fall back on the Riku scenario where he could use Roxas's keyblade after he tossed it. Because Kayne is technically a keyblader, he can hold, but not really use, another keybladers keyblade.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But, if you have that serious a problem with a Klepto Keyblader (heh, I like that title) then I can think of something else I guess.

Posted by Arcadios

Here it is: There can be more then one keyblade just make an original one for Kayne since you like magic so much make one more to that element.
Kayne has and can keep his keyblade only if kayne is jellouse of Eiyuu for being stronger then him and dislikes the fact that Eiyuu is a master thus them only working together in extreme situations if yoou need more of an explination look at it as the relationship between Inuyasha and Koga neither of them likes each other but would do anything for Kagome even if it meant for them it team up.
Speaking of
inuyasha it's on and I'll come back during the break for a farwell.

See, this is what I am talking about! You never make up your slagging mind!!!

I am more then willing to allow Kayne to use a keyblade, I am more then happy to restrict his keyblade useage, and I am even inclined towards scrapping the keyblade idea, and making him a keyblader with no current keyblade!

Mostly cause this give me an exscuse to give him gunblades, one of the best things to come out of FF8.

Because the keyblade gives him reason to follow the group, particularly Eiyuu. He is certainly not willing to accept the fact that Eiyuu is more powerful. Physically stronger, but certainly not faster, and beleives himself to be far more skilled (I was thinking he and Eiyuu would be equal in that regard, just in different aspects, and he would only THINK he is better.)

Heck, I could even redesign him to be more like Rattrap from Beast Wars if I wanted to.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kayne's magic ablities are going to be limited to his magical conjunction. Other then that, Kayne is going to be all about the speed.

Posted by Arcadios

Kanye's stats:
Keyblade-always can be used
Any other weapon or attack-Always can be used
______________________--
That above is already in play all I ask is that Kayne hate Eiyuu.
And that you make your own automatice keyblade or since the "kingdom key" is no longers Eiyuu's since it was broken and he gained an upgraded one so you can have the "Kingdom key".

Well Mr.Nintendo he is willing so just make your decision

Posted by Arcadios

Its the other post
Kayne is one of the keyblade masters so he has the "Kingdom key" as his first keyblade since Eiyuu has an upgraded form of it.
And Eiyuu should have a little more advantage on Kayne since he is more expirenced judging by your chapter on him.

Look, I like the keyblade idea, but I found something better in my opinion. By better, I mean more suitable. This is based off of Beast Wars btw. Well, sorta anyway.

Eye of Odin is sealed by Kaynes keyblade. Moving on.

Kayne starts with his gun, and two blades. After he visits Mechlore again pretty early on, he gains a second gunblade to replace his dagger. His sword is already a gunblade, but he never used it because he never got the chance.

However, Kayne has a weakness. His brain is odd, and he needs to consiously switch between two roles.

His forst role, is blade form. He uses his blades and blades, and will rely on speed, and his magical conjunction to do damage, and the occasional blaster shot.
His second role, is blast form. In this mode, he uses his gunblades as guns. He becomes a genuine gunner. The blades flip, and become full out guns. While liek this, he is no where near as fast, but extremly agile, and hard to hit. While he is like this, he cannot use his magical conjunction, but instead relies on my favorite choice of weapon: Bombs.

This way, I can have everything I want in him, and still limit his power. His brain is finiky, so he cannot cross the two forms, and needs to do them one at a time. Blade for small groups and strong single enemies, and Blast or groups. Still trying to come up with a determining factor that he uses to switch between the two, but this is a start.

Unless of course, you guys think I am going over board again. Just think of it, for the moment, as two characters sharing one body, one at a time.
CURSE MY SLOW POSTS!
How about we put this under 'Maybe'

Posted by Arcadios

Kayne hates Eiyuu
Eiyuu is more expirenced then Kayne so he has an adventage.
The rest I don't care whatcha do.
Thats all I need and Wally you made Vecks have all these crazy powerful magic moves and he hardly showed a weakness ever think your guy shouldn't always be so powerful cause when we go into battle do we ever add the weakness I sure don't but after my guy haveing his @ss whiped for like 7 chapters straight I think he should deserve some payback. Especially since this new guy is new to the keyblade he shouldn't have these insane move you'll probably make for Kayne just like vecks.
It's 1:07 PM in NewYork so I'll sleep on it.

Wally hes right you need more weaknesses i mean i never said my guy was the ultimate being

Eiyuu would not be more expieriance then Kayne, except for heartless, keyblades, and things of such matter, then Eiyuu wins by FAR.

I'll think of something for Kayne. Maybe I'll just go with
He has one wing
He has a keyblade, which he doesn't use because it seals the Eye of Odin.
He has two small blades.
He has a gun.
He is fast as anything and skillful, and can use Magical Conjunction.
He is Eiyuu's rival, but won't reveal why he dislikes Eiyuu so much.
He eventually gets two gunblades.

But that will be it. It seems like a lot because it's in list form, but I am limiting his power, somewhat at least. Maybe I'll make his key weakness his fear of water. Lets face it, the guy can nearly fly, may as well make the deep blue sea his fear.

Now that I think about it, I think I will scratch the gunblade idea, and make his gn two fold. One setting is a plasma burst with at least a five minute cooldown, and the other just fires bullets, pure and simple.

However, I will make it very clear, he has the innate ability to find ways to break stuff, especially if it's unintentional, usaly with fire, and explosions. Basically, despite all his skills and abilities, you give him a compute, and the computer will probably kill it's self.

Well, I am gonna go to bed now....Seriously this time!
We can discuss this later. Regardless though, I like the Eiyuu rivarly idea.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could get rid of the magical conjunction thing. Or, maybe just limit it to his gun.
Kind of a theif/gunner combo

Posted by Arcadios

Okay I know your going to say "make up your mind" for this but I want you to make Kayne a full keyblade user so him and Eiyuu can always be compiting to see who's better.

How about this,
His dagger is actually a very short keyblade he uses in the off hand? At first they fail to realize it's a keyblade because it looks like a normal dagger, but when he unleashes it's full power, it transforms from a dagger into a full fledged keyblade.

No, how about his main hand weapon can transform into his keyblade. Well, not transform, so much as replace it temporarily.

Posted by Arcadios

How about you keep the sword, dagger and gun but in order to summon the keyblade he'll have to sacrafice his other weapons for the remander of the fight?

Ok, this is JUST an idea, no actual hold whatsoever. I was thinking of scrapping Kayne, and mixing him with another character. His past would remain the same, but now he would be known as Waste.
Waste has the appearance of a heartless (Coincidence, really) his body is composed almost entirely of shadows (Not darkness). He is tall, about 6 and a half feet tall while slouching. He has a black coat, blue jeans, a red t-shirt under his coat, and a pair of heavy duty boots. His eyes, like a heartless, are two lights in an otherwise featureless face (Smooth, no nose or mouth), but unlike the heartless, his eyes are green, not yellow. He also has long, dirty, straight, thin purple hair.
Waste's abilities are many and various. He is strong, far above average, but that is not where his strength lies (Ironically). Waste can nearly teleport short distances. The key word is nearly. He can actualy go from 0 to a ridiculously high number MPH in almost 0 time. This is his strength, as he can go for any distance he wants, and can stop on a dime. This is his greatest power, because while he has skill and martial arts up the whazoo, a great tactic that works just fine is dashing really fast, and then stopping one foot, and using the resulting force to deliver a spinning kick with his other foot in motion, which can easily break steel.
His weapons are three. First, he can shoot spears from his hands, one at a time. He can either fire these like giant arrows, or use them as actual spears. After 10 seconds, they loose their rigidity, and disolve into nothing.
Next are his hands. He can will his hands into various shapes and forms, but only simple weapons, like knives, swords, clubs, etc.
His third weapon, is his keyblade. His keyblade is unique, in that he uses it with two hands, and is 'Darth Maul' style, so it has two actual blades.
Now, I am going to add to this, but nothing more for powers and abilities, this is just the beginning. I want to tell you certain aspects of his character that I personaly think will make him very interesting, and give you his primary weakness.
Again, it seems like a lot now, but my goal is to balance this out in the VERY near future. I will add more to this momentarily.
Tell me what you think ONLY of his positives, I will get to the negatives in a moment, and then give you a story and personality.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Again, let me finish before you tear it to peices, but please respond so I don't double post :)

Posted by Arcadios

Ever think of having your guy have only one weapon it's okay that you have two since Eiyuu and Aurie have two but three is a little much, don't ya think.

Well, here is the thing, they aren't really weapons (Except the keyblade, that most certainly IS a weapon) they are actually maniupulations of his semi-physical body. The spear only lasts for ten seconds unless he is holding onto it, and the weapon hands are kind of like the T-1000 from terminator two.
---------------------------------------------------------
The spears and weapon hands are more like special abilities then weapons.

Posted by Arcadios

Okay lets say Waste was being attacked by the heartless would he attack with his hands making them into simple weapons or would be attack with the keyblade?
Where would he have spears are they part of his body that can detach?
And what is he if he's made up of shadows?
And whats going to happen to Kayne and Markus?
And would this mean you have mad three new chracters......too many chracters....please at least take off one.

When did I say three new characters?
Anyway, he isn't a heartless, but thinks he is something like a heartless, so he calls him self an unheart.
One spear at a time, from the palm of his hands, this is his initial ability, he lacks the weapon hands and keyblade at the beginning.

When Kayne was saved by Markus, something happened to him, and he does not know what. He remembers nothing of his previous life, so he has no idea what he is fully capable of. He is searching for somehting, and talks slowly, depsite being extremeley inteligent (He just doesn't know what things are. He learns quickley)
Waste only really knows his name (Waste not Kayne, he doesn't remember that name) and that he is "Searching for my happiness." He is a klepto, often taking things that don't belong to him, and then returning them when they fail to make him happy.
When he first starts off, he only has the spears. After a while, he learns how to manipulate his shadowy body more and more, which is how he gains the weapon hands. When he has weapon hands, he uses the spears primarily as ranged attacks.
When he fights Markus, the two know that they know each other, but do not remember. Eventualy, when Markus pulls out his keyblade, so does waste. This is when waste will primarily use his keyblade, and then the others every now and then.
Waste is composed of shadows, so he is voulnerable to holy magic. His body is also unique, and magic is not only extra powerful against him, but will cause random things to happen. Someitmes the things are good, sometimes badly. Healing spells will not hurt him, but are considerably slower when used on him.
Physically, he takes no wounds, because the shadows just mend right there, so he always looks at 100%. However, the more damage he takes, the more he 'melts' in a way. Healing spells resolidify him so to speak.
Melting just means his skin plops off, after a while though, it will have an effect on his fighting, as he'll just break apart.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kayne IS waste. Watse just can't remember, and unless I change my mind, he won't until the very end. Regardless, he will never be in combat as Kayne.
Spears come from his palm, he is super dense, so it's like his hand grows a spear out of no where.

Posted by Arcadios

Kayne
Markus
Waste

So your adding 3 keyblade masters to the story.....please tell me your not.
_____________-
Forget it.
So Waste is Kayne.

Will he still hate Eiyuu?

Did you even READ anything I just typed?!

Posted by Arcadios

Okay then go with that but what of Markus?
And will Waste hate Eiyuu for being more expirenced then him?

Waste does feel emotions, but they are weak. He can at best dislike a person really. For Eiyuu, how about we just leave it at a mutual "I am going to eat your face" relationship between the two?
Markus will be in the story. He is a keyblader, as intended. He is unchanged really.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waste would not hate him for being more expeirianced. He just isn't that kind of person(ish).
He is extremley skilled with the keyblade as a key, but has little in the ways of techniques and abilities. He can use it as a double bladed sword that is effective against heartless, but that is about it.

Posted by Arcadios

But will he join the party because I think thats too many people cuase we all ready have:
Eiyuu
Renai
Aurie
Mateo and
Waste.
And Anara might be in here depending on kairi's *chapter* :hanging:

But we haven't really increased the party number. Lucem is gone, Vecks is gone, and he is there, that would account for my characters at least.
I think he would join the party because of his curiosity about the familiar weapon Eiyuu uses (Remember, no keyblade at the beginning for Waste) and because he has nowhere else to go.

Posted by Arcadios

Eiyuu
Renai
Mateo
Aurie
Anara
Waste
Markus
7 people to take care of but can you make another weapon for Waste instead of the keyblade cause like I said before the quality of 3 people using the keyblade at the same time WILL get stale common its like this.

Markus attacked with incredibal speed slashing everything in sight.

Eiyuu did the same.

It :hanging: the action in the story.

You DO realize that Markus is a badguy right?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
MAKE UP YOUR SLAGGING MIND!
Fine, I luckily happen to have a backup weapon that Waste gets at the same time he would have gotten the keyblade (Not saying he would have gotten both, but he would get either at the same time)
A scythe (Hope I spelled it right)

Posted by Arcadios

Well you never stated he would I suggested it and I don't think I heard a response and besides don't you have to have strong feelings to obtain a keyblade since you said Waste has little or no emotions how can he have a keyblade unless he sheds the shadows and becomes Kayne again which he dosen't know he is.

Something inside him would trigger, giving him back his keyblade in an alternate form.
I said right from the get go that Markus would be a badguy, right after I made him, before I typed up this prologue.

Posted by Arcadios

So how many weapons does Waste has gained??? I'm sideing on the hundreds.
And what am I not being clear on?
Make bulitins or something on what we have a problem on, here I'll go first:

-Waste has too many weapons and making weapons out of your hands is an ability but it still counts as a weapon.

-What will be the purpose of Waste of joining the party?

-I think that Waste having that moment to summon the keyblade in so many fight will get repetative

Mr. N, pardon me for being blunt, but you are being an indecicive ****-tard.
How does three(ish) weapons count as having hundreds?!
No, it would be one moment, then he can use it from then on.
But seeing as we keep bouncing back and forth between yes and no for keyblade, I don;t see how it matter for the moment

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Wally The Weird:
Next are his hands. He can will his hands into various shapes and forms, but only simple weapons, like knives, swords, clubs, etc.

Remember posting this?

Quoting Wally The Weird:
Fine, I luckily happen to have a backup weapon that Waste gets at the same time he would have gotten the keyblade (Not saying he would have gotten both, but he would get either at the same time)
A scythe

And this?

Thats an ability not a weapon. Even if you count it, you can only really count it as two, maybe three. Something sharp, something blunt, and...I dunno, something shapeless like a wip? They are LIKE weapons
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scythe OR Keyblade!
What part of EITHER did not register with you!? It's even in the quote "I'm not saying he would have gotten both"

Posted by Arcadios

Like Weapons exacly so that means he HAS those as weapons and they seem to be on command so he can have a sword made from his hand and a keyblade in the other.

Quoting Wally The Weird:
Waste is composed of shadows, so he is voulnerable to holy magic. His body is also unique, and magic is not only extra powerful against him, but will cause random things to happen. Someitmes the things are good, sometimes badly. Healing spells will not hurt him, but are considerably slower when used on him.
Physically, he takes no wounds, because the shadows just mend right there, so he always looks at 100%. However, the more damage he takes, the more he 'melts' in a way. Healing spells resolidify him so to speak.
Melting just means his skin plops off, after a while though, it will have an effect on his fighting, as he'll just break apart.

And do we face any enemies with Holy powers or magic? Cause I usally see that we just attack shadow heartless.
taking no damage is being limited, right?

I will admit, we just about never face enemies with holy. However, if you bothered to read the post, I mentioned the fact that
MAGIC IS EXTRA EFFECTIVE AGAINST HIM!
PHYSICALLY APPEARS! APPEARS BEING THE OPERATIVE WORD!!!

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Mr.Nintendo74:
And do we face any enemies with Holy powers or magic? Cause I usally see that we just attack shadow heartless.
taking no damage is being limited, right?

Up there I edited it.

I thought we fought more then one enemy that could use magic.
Cause y'know, the darndest thing I just realized, Spells of darkness and spell of light, I only JUST realized that well what do you know-
THEY'RE MAGICAL!
Get your head out of your *** and realize the fact that magic applies to more then just fire blizzard and thunder!

Posted by Arcadios

Okay man you need to stopp being so egocentric.
First of you try to make a character with all these invisable moves but you try to cover them up with weakness that never apply like Vecks for example he gains magic I've never heard anyone else have and he gains these all mighty summons.
Then theres Lucem being that he is really strong and he has like 3 forms with him being an angel, vampire and all.
And now there is Waste who is kayne and he "bought" his keyblade how cheap is that? Also when Kayne becomes Waste like you said he is made up of shadow but not darkness. Tell me how can someone who is made up of shadows not be made up of darkness because the Shadow heartless are made up of darkness?
Can you ever make a guy who dosen't beat the crap out of everyone?
Plus STOP MAKING THEM HAVE ALL THIS STUFF!!!
Does Vecks have two brains for having so many magic and summoning abilites that no one else has?
Does Lucem have three bodies for each one of his forms?
And does Waste have a minivan to put all this weapons in? I get that he can make weapons out of his hands but how many can their be lets see there are spears, arrows, knifes, swords, sythes, blaster guns and there is also some weapon called the keyblade?

SIMPLE!
SIMPLE SHAPED!
As in round, blocky, smooth, that would be it! GUNS ARE NOT SIMPLE! Knives, dagger, swords, would ALL BE THE SAME! Arrows and spears would be the SAME A keyblade, so what? He can make his hand look like a giant (Keyblade sized) key. This accomplishes NOTHING!

Yeah, I gave Vecks summoning, but then I got rid of it! Why? BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WAS STUPID LATER!

Lucem WAS strong, then, in case you missed the memo that everyone else got, his power suddenly dipped down. He can transform, big deal!

Sorry I thought of something at least a little original, like a spell! Heaven forbid I pull something out of my own *** then someone elses!
---------------------------------------------------------
Shadows are basically darkness. However, the difference, is that the oposite of shadows is holy. The oposite of darkness is light.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Besides, name me three things in which a a warrior can deal more damage then a wizard/mage/magicuser/whatever you wanna call it.

Posted by Arcadios

A self-serving bias occurs when people are more likely to claim responsibility for successes than failures. It may also manifest itself as a tendency for people to evaluate ambiguous information in a way beneficial to their interests.

Did I ever see Vecks go down for the count?
I put that Lucem was stab in the stomach cause of this power drop but someone totally ignored that fact.
Vecks still had those abilities of summoning and you keep in adding summons like the god like Odin at Vecks disposal....and wasent there a cheap ass move that threw any random guy into oblivion even if it was used twice it still is a move that is cheap.
You still make your guys stronger then anyone else but why dont you try to LIMIT some of your chracters like Vecks having so many spells, Lucem having 3 forms and Waste changing his dark hands into simple weapons.
Eiyuu only had his keyblades and his attack only revolve around his keyblades.
Renai only has her alchemy and her skill on gummi ships.
Aurie only has her white magic and her sword.
Mateo only has Leviathin and Tide.
I can't say "only has" for Vecks, Lucem, and Waste.
I don't think that myself, Riku or Kairi shit out a new chracter or ability every five seconds.

Ever consider,
Vecks only has his magic?

And wtf was the first part of the post?

Lucem was stabbed, and I did not ignore that. I think I just completley forgot it accidentaly. If I recall, he was ok in the end, but didn't do much right after he was stabbed.

Waste has his weapons and his shadows. I can always take out the sudden dash ability of his, and leave in the stength and uncanny agility. Then lets see, he is a shadow, with weapons, Klepto tendencies, and acts like a child in some regards.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets see, I could have SWORN that the wound to the back that took Vecks down for a while knocked him down and just about useless. Gee, I guess I was wrong.
I was GOING to add Odin and Alexander, but didn't, because I liked the idea, but it was too powerful AND it didn't really fit.
I could have sworn that total anniahalation was a GOOD reason why Vecks used his spell I think once or twice. Cause y'know, exsistance is so important during those pubescent years.

Posted by Arcadios

If I had to put a "only has" statement on them it would be this:
Vecks only had the most powful black magic spells known to man and the ability to summon all powerful cretures that never can be defeated by anyone.

Lucem only has the ability to turn into these powerful forms that can only be beaten by Vecks getting out of his long coma-like slubber.

Waste only has the keyblade and he can make simply weapons from his hands like a sword, dagger, spears, arrows and sythes but there are also those hard to obtain household weapons like spoons, forks, knifes, pots and pans! OOOOOOOOOOO yay there's also the REALLY amazing SUPER SPEED he has like you know since he's NOT a newb and all he dosen't suck right of the bat with the keyblade and he could just RUN WITH HIS SUPER SPEED around the enemies and attack them blindly with his not so rookie skills with the keyblade.
You know like shadows, soilder, demons and nobodies he can also walk up to the new main baddy and just chuck him into oblivion close the portal and lock it up then Vecks can go happly ever after into the sunset with his all might obivion spell.

Vecks only has his magic. Y'see, here is the thing, I mentioned the fact that I got rid of the summonings. Yes, he has among the most powerful black magic spells, but y'know, I could have SWORN meteor was the most powerful black magic spell, at least in FF4, and I THINK FF7 (I honestly don't know if it would count in FF7).

Lucem, well, who cares what he can do? He can change into threen forms. One angel, one Vampire, and one mix between the two gor high magic. Who gives a rats *** anymore? Last I checked, he left the dimension! Kind of out of reach.

Waste has simple weapons, and a scythe or keyblade. Maybe a few other abilities, but they would be limited to somehting like the shadow walk that shadows are always doing, and martial arts. Spoon=Cool but useless. Fork=Good stabbing. Knife=SWORD! DAGGER! IT'S ALL THE SAME THING! Length is limited, he can;t make a seven foot blade out of his hands, he can only extend, or enlarge, or stretch, or whatever, his hand to at most, double it's size.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gee, I dunno, maybe
A: Limited mana reserves
B: Squishy body
C: Fear of destroying EVERYTHING
D: ALL OF THE ABOVE?!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here, I will even blow away a secrete ending! Vecks is away learning what magic is, how it works, and what TRUE ultimate power is.

Posted by Arcadios

EDIT

Waste only has the keyblade and he can make simply weapons from his hands like a sword, dagger, spears, arrows and sythes but there are also those hard to obtain household weapons like spoons, forks, knifes, pots and pans! OOOOOOOOOOO yay there's also the REALLY amazing SUPER SPEED he has like you know since he's NOT a newb and all he dosen't suck right of the bat with the keyblade and he could just RUN WITH HIS SUPER SPEED around the enemies and attack them blindly with his not so rookie skills with the keyblade.

Spoons-can dig in to your eye sockets and pop out your eye ball
Fork-He's gonna eat you with this
Knife/dagger-Shorter then a sword so he has to get up close
Sword-Longer then a knife/dagger so he just has to poke you with it from a short distance

And I don't think I EVER had Eiyuu or Kurai use magic.....must has slipped my mind since you know I put so many thing on the prologes that I never used like all the other NONE Keyblade weapons and abilites cause I wasent think that my guy should beat everyone up.
WE ALL use our stats in the proluges cause you know since it says in the prologes that Eiyuu has holy attacks he HAS to use them in the story.

How about:
E) what the hell are you talking about?
O MY GOD Vecks is going to destroy the entire deminsion we live in besides the blown up peice of crap demension were all these wizards and mages us too live.....He's going to live in solitude in that lonley damp deminsion.

For Waste, knives and swords and daggers would be the same, because h can make the shape, and only alter the length slightly.
I mentioned above that I was willing to get rid of the super speed.
Oh no! Waste is going to gouge out the eye of a heartless with a spoon! Gasp! If only the Heartless eye wasn't a light, and the fact that this is STUPID!!!!
You mentioned a scenerio when Vecks just waltzes up to the badguy and claims victory. Thats what the little questionairre was about. Or did yuo mean the "Learnign what TRUE power is"?

Magic applies to more then spells that are cast. The Keyblade is magical! Various swords and weapons are magical, etc etc.

And did I ever say Waste knew how to fight? Well, I guess I did when I said he has martial arts. What I should have said is he learns how to fight. He taps into his past memories in combat, and can then do his martial arts that he already knew.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No. Vecks using the oblivion spell would not destroy the dimension.
It would ERASE the entire UNIVERSE! And not because he wants to. In fact, Vecks will return, and he will be stronger, (Not physically) but he won't have the oblivion based spells anymore. Because he'll finally understand what True Power is.

Posted by Arcadios

Okay Vecks is the new baddy since he can destroy the entire universe and all.
He's too strong for his own good Eiyuu and everyone else has to *take care* of him.

Quoting Wally The Weird: Waste has the appearance of a heartless (Coincidence, really) his body is composed almost entirely of shadows (Not darkness).

How can he be made of shadows but not darkness?

Quoting Wally The Weird: featureless face (Smooth, no nose or mouth)

How can he talk did he all of a sudden gain the ability of telekineses?

Quoting Wally The Weird: Waste can nearly teleport short distances. The key word is nearly. He can actualy go from 0 to a ridiculously high number MPH in almost 0 time.)

Is there a speed limt on super speed for going 0-1000 mph in 0 seconds?

Quoting Wally The Weird: He can will his hands into various shapes and forms, but only simple weapons, like knives, swords, clubs, etc.

Forgot the cavemen like clubs.

Quoting Wally The Weird: His third weapon, is his keyblade. His keyblade is unique, in that he uses it with two hands, and is 'Darth Maul' style, so it has two actual blades.

HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS THIS???

Quoting Wally The Weird:
It would ERASE the entire UNIVERSE! And not because he wants to. In fact, Vecks will return, and he will be stronger, (Not physically) but he won't have the oblivion based spells anymore. Because he'll finally understand what True Power is.

Good to hear! :)
More delightful spells out of the ass crack.
:hanging:

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Wally The Weird:

Good to hear! :)
More delightful spell out of the ass crack.
:hanging:

Mr. Nintendo, you don't need to act like a total ***.
Waste is shadows, I am going to leave it at that. There is not much of a difference, but the major difference is that unlike a heartless, he can side with the Light.
No, not telekinese, but spoken level, one way telepathy. He can speak, whisper, or yell, to the extent an average level person could, except of hearing with your ears, you hear with your mind.
I SAID I WOULD DROP THE SUPER SPEED SO STOP BRINGING IT UP! I drop things to either help end, or prevent conflicts.
My original idea was a blade, a club, and maybe an axe. But mostly the blades, and a little bit the club. Screw the axe.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh gee! Forgive me for using original, or non FF spells! Oh the horrible sin of sins! Oh I must repent!
(Sarcasm. Because I know there will be someone who reads this and takes it litteraly)

Posted by Arcadios

So his weapons are a keyblade and his hands?
What about that double edge keyblade r u keeping that?
And is there any possible why that Kanye/Waste only weapon is the keyblade because I would prefer that?
Sorry for going insane like that, I just got outta hand.

Ok, point one. He only has the double edge keyblade, thats it. He has no other keyblades.
As for the hands, well, I liked the initial idea! However, I am willing to compromise.
Waste will have high physical stats, such as strength, agility, etc. He'll be fast, but nothing super speed.
He does not start with the keyblade. Before he gets it, he relies on pummeling his oponnents with his fists initialy. Eventualy, he will learn how to manipulate his body, so he can form his hands into blades. ONLY swords (Like the one guy from Static shock). Curved, and starting at his wrist, about the length of another arm from the elbow (Take your arm, and put your elbow on your wrist for a rough idea in length)
He also has a few other abilities, but they would be limited, if at all.
Once he gains the keyblade, he looses the ability to morph his hands because the morphing was the result of the keyblade inside him trying to break free...Or somehting.

Posted by Arcadios

Well thats good to hear that he'll only manipulate his hands into swords.
But wouldn't there be a diffrent way to obtain a keyblade like kayne cause I don't think a keyblade would be up for sell?
And when will Waste be able to summon his Doubleedge keyblade at will?
And I think you should name it cause it would make it easier to type up then "Double edge keyblade" all the time.

Hmmm, how about....Memory Chain? (Chain of memories, Memory Chain, hahahaha)

Look, he bought the keyblade, because Mechlore Made it. By made it, he made a physical shell that looked like a keyblade, and so thats the shape it took, same with markus.
They thought they were buying magical swords, but they actually bought something they already had. (They just never knew it)

He will be able to summon Memory Chain, but not until he gets it.

Posted by Arcadios

Thats good yea the names sounds great.
But what make Kayne/Waste's master the keyblade?
What strong emotion?
Like Eiyuu he obtained his keyblade while he was swallowed by the darkness that Kurai made when he destroyed his homeworld.
The emotion of survival was the key for Eiyuu to obtain his keyblade since they said that he would be destroyed by his darkness when he was a child.

Markus is the key. He slowly begins to remember his past life, but the memories are twsited and hazy. Eventualy, when he is about to be killed by the party, he remembers and summons the keyblade. At the same instant, because Markus remembered, Waste remembered his own keyblade, and summons it.

Posted by Arcadios

Did we ever write a chapter on how Eiyuu, Mateo, Aurie and Vecks met?

I'm going to re-read all the chapters thus far but when do you think the project will be over?

Y'know I don't remember anymore.
Well, I gotta go for now, I'll check back later.
Adios.

Posted by Arcadios

c'ya later.......and while I wait for kairi's chapter...:hanging:

Ok, I came up with (Yup, you guessed it) another idea for a character to replace Waste (As in, if I go with this character, he will be there instead of Waste exsisting in the story at ALL)
A Dragoon.
Short, sweet and to the point. He would be Kayne, and keep the name Kayne. When his world ended at the end of the chapter, he was found, with no memory, on a sub world of Final Fantasy. He was found by an order who are all dragoons, and they took him in. Over the next five years (I changed it from one) he was trained as a Dragoon. He was granted the powers of the common fire breathing dragon, as well as becoming a diciple of he legendary Sky dragon, who I have yet to make up, so we will call him Tom.
He will have two weapons, his Spear, and his absolutley last resort Claws (Gauntlets that can become claw like weapons). He has Dragoon armor modled around Kain from FF4 (He kept the name Kayne as an honor among Dragoons).
He relies mostly on his speed and skill, and his jumping ability. He does also have dragonic magic, but rfor the most part, it's limited to
Dragons Breath-Breathe fire!
Various wind attacks.
Now, here is the scoop. After five years, his entire world was destroyed by Markus, who he has no memory of. Markus used a keyblade. As a result, Kayne hates the keyblade, and distrusts Keybladers to the point of Xenophobia. He just about HATES Eiyuu, and will only tolerate him because he seems to be doing good (But he will be quick to blame things on him). Now, Kayne is a big shot, and asummes he is the greatest thing since sliced bread (This will often result in him getting his butt handed to him). He really hates Eiyuu because Eiyuu saved his life when they first met. So, his hatred for Eiyuu is only JUST below the Dark Keyblader who destroyed his world (Markus)
Now, Kayne has boundless respect, and just about idolizes Septero. This is because Septero has Leviathan, the legendary Dragon of water. Dragoon's aspire to be DECIPLES of legendary dragons, so him actualy being freinds with and MERGING with Leviathan makes Septero just the equivilant of the great Dalilama or however you spell it.
There are a few other details, but this is the bulk, an dI like the character. Feel free to shoot it down, but at least tell me what you think (I will get into his Keyblade later, he will have one, but its complicated.)

idk about yall but i like Kayne or the new Kayne the dragoon one he sounds really great but can you make him like a thief too because i got this really cool plan! and when the hell is Kairi gonna write this is getting annoying!

Well, I wasn't going to include it, but ok, theif as well. He steals for two purposes, the first is to raise money for a new home for his people, the Dragoons. The second, is he is greedy :)

Now, REAL quick, when Markus destroyed Kaynes world witht he keyblade, this drove him insane because of something wrong with what they did to him. As a result, the wiped his memory, then turned him evil again. At some point, Markus pulls out the keyblade when he remembers it, and is about to kill Kayne. Just before Markus's keyblade hits him, Kayne pulls his out (With no intention). After that, he says "By the Strength of my enemie, I shall undo him" Then he freely uses his double bladed keyblade, Memory Chain. However, he is quick to point out "It has two blades, so it is different" And insists that his is different, so he continues to hate Eiyuu, just a little less.

How about that? Trying to not get out of hand with it (I made it double bladed because it's cool and is more like a polearm, which is more fitting for a Dragoon)

yea i still think its cool but lets leave out Waste idk i found that stupid but this new character i like and now that hes a thief it goes perfectly with the ending to my chapter which i havent written

Waste is a great idea! Just not for the story.
Dragoon Kayne instead of Waste seems to be the popular idea, but lets wait for Mr. N's input. Dragoon first, theif second, despite being a theif first, lol. He is really good at stealing, he just doesn't know why.

His Lance will be replaced by the keyblade when he gets it, but he will keep the Lance, just mostly for backup. It is extremeley useful, because it has been enchanted so that it can alter it's center of gravity. In otherwords, you can EFFECTIVLEY use it as a Lance, or Sword style, or any other way you want to hold it. Small enchant, but potent.

Posted by Arcadios

It sounds better then the Waste idea so it's good since he has another main weapon then the keyblade for most of the time since I think you said he hates it but this is your final concept, right?

No, I'll no doubt come up with something for more g0d-like, But this is the last one I'll suggest, and I am gonna go with it :)
Waste is a fantastic idea, just not for THIS story.

correct but hey i like this new Kayne guy

Kaynes main source of magical power will be Wind, with some fire.
Some wind spells include
Aero(a/Aga)-Wind damage to enemie(s)
Whirlwind Drill-Conjures a whirlwind that drills through oponnents in a line.
Cyclone Strike-Sommuns a powerful localized whirlwind that sends the caster soaring into the sky, and then another that shoots him back down to Earth (Think Jumpera or something, lol)
Some fire skills include
Dragons Breath-Fire damage!!!
And thats about it for fire, actually. This just gets stronger over time.

Then he'll have a few techniques, but nothing really special. Something like dragons wing will be a stronger, non-elemental version of jump, dragons calw would be a Claw-based attack thats slightly stronger, etc etc.
Now, I did want him to have one merger spell, but that will be a one, maybe two time thing at the very end, so don't worry about it. I may even change my mind about having it at all, but just leaving it open.
Now, his armor does have a purpose other then looking kewl. It is made of dragon scales, so it is very resistant to Fire.
Also, just to make this clear, he worships dragons, and hunts them. I really don;t know why this is as it is, but so far as I can tell, he worships the good dragons, and hunts evil ones....Or something.....I dunno.
Wind magic is the magic of the Sky Dragon Tom, so thats why he uses it. They gave him dicipinage (?) of that because of his wing, and they assumed he must be a chosen deciple of Tom.
I'll think of a better name then Tom later.

Posted by Arcadios

What so what relationship does tom have with the memory wiped dargoon Kayne?

Tom is his appointed gaurdian. Kayne serves under Tom, and in return is granted his powers, which is the element of Wind.
Kaynes memory was wiped by the eye of Odin, a sacrifice to keep it hidden.

Posted by Arcadios

Kairi I know you here.....it's 9:52pm in ourregion and how've ya been?
Why have ya been ignoring us.......dom't you like us anymore?
:(

i think shes been busy bro but i think now she may have enough time to finish her chapter

Posted by Arcadios

Well Riku said that the reason you might not be on so much is because of finals but Once you get everything done there's no complaing k.....since we always get our chapter's in by 3 days since the last chapter.

Why does everyone complain about finals? They aren't that difficult!
Anyway, I never even heard a single reason why she hasn't been around, so I'm left in the dark, which isn't kewl.

*Summons the dark lord Sharbranigdu, the incarnation of negative emotions, and plays him in a feirce game of Yahtzee*

Posted by Sak

Ok, I just read Kayne's little prologue thing. Bravo. One thing though - you said that Kayne's keyblade had the potential to be the greatest keyblade ever. ENOUGH WITH THE UBER POWERFUL PPL! And if you guys want a reason for why I've taken so long - finals, finals, finals, finals, finals, and finals. I was also staying at my Aunt's house so I couldn't really type up my chapter. I mean it's just a fan fic guys, not that important in life.

REALLY?! I said that? Huh, must have been for an earlier version. Well, if I did say that, I retract the statement. Kayne is a dragoon first, a showoff before that, and a keyblader about 10 billion down the list.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stop complaining about finals people! I have NEVER studdied for a single one, and I still get moslty A's (Except german) and finish before eveyone else.
They aren't that hard!