DS OR PSP

Posted by ~Snake~

which is better??????i say the psp my brother says the ds give me some help here?????

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Help with what? It's an opinion.

Posted by Dog

And it's in the DS board when he said PSP is better.

Posted by Boner

Wow, are people still creating threads like this? I leave for a couple months and come back to this crap? Will it never end?

For what it's worth, I just put my DS up on ebay and am keeping my PSP.

Posted by ~Snake~

ok i just need help on what u huys thought was better

Posted by Zeta

I prefer the DS. It has more games that I'm interested in. The only PSP things I'm interested in are the Maverick Hunter X/MegaMan Powered Up games, but I technically have them.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Zeta: I prefer the DS. It has more games that I'm interested in. The only PSP things I'm interested in are the Maverick Hunter X/MegaMan Powered Up games, but I technically have them.

My reasoning is the same, but reversed. -GASP- Does this mean it really all comes down to a matter of personal preference? :eek:

......well imagine that.

Wrong. The DS is just simply superior. It's a fact, look it up.

Posted by Zeta

DS IS TWICE AS BETTER BECAUSE IT HAZ TWICE THE SCRENZ LOLZ

Posted by Boner

Quoting Vampiro: Wrong. The DS is just simply superior. It's a fact, look it up.

Good. Then buy the one I just put up on [URL="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8291621416&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT"]ebay.[/URL]

Posted by Drewboy64

DS, better games.

Posted by ~Snake~

i think its the psp the ds has more kiddy games the psp has some cool games

Quoted post: i think its the psp the ds has more kiddy games the psp has some cool games

Classic.

Posted by Pit

Quoting ~Snake~: i think its the psp the ds has more kiddy games the psp has some cool games

This.

This is true.

Posted by Zeta

If you're worried about playing a game because it's "kiddy", then you shouldn't be playing games. Some of the most enjoyable games are "kiddy", like Kirby: Canvas Curse. But, if you don't want "kiddy", there are games like Castlevania: Down of Sorrow. A lot of enemies are naked chicks, the final boss room is made completely of dead bodies, and one of the more infamous bosses, Gergoth, is a huge hulking zombie dinosaur thing that pulls its face skin back to fire a huge-ass laser.

It's a shame there's so many narrow-minded people like this. "OMG t3h mane charakter iz a pynk puf bal t3h game iz kiddy and sux!"

Posted by Pit

No man. It has to not be kiddy.

I mean let's say a game looks realistic, has a lot of blood and gore, terrible camera angles and gameplay, IT AUTOMATICALLY MAKES IT BETTER CAUSE OF IT'S ESRB RATING. **** MARIO MAN, GET LIKE, BLOODGUY RAPES GIRL 2!

Posted by Drewboy64

Yeah, screw zelda, an extremely fun game, you should play Death Jr. Because that game is not fun, but is mature and makes you cool lol./

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Vampiro: Wrong. The DS is just simply superior. It's a fact, look it up.

I love the reference.

Posted by Zeta

lol metroid sux play psp fps games instead.

EDIT: Now I feel bad, even though it was sarcasm. :(

Posted by Drewboy64

Metroid = best FPS for handhelds. ever.

Posted by IcE-Fu-

I like the DS better
1.better games
2.more innovative gameplay
3.over all its better

Posted by juliebriggs

name a psp fps game that doesnt suck.

im in the middle for this argument. i like the ds cause the games are fun (nintendogs) and the psp for the screen quality and multimedia capiblities

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

I definetly like the DS better. Let me list a couple reasons why I think that.
1. It's not a Sony product .
2. Better games.
3. More innovative gameplay.
4. It's cheaper.
5. And it's far superior than the PSP :link:

Posted by ~Snake~

well on a ds can it hold pictures and be an mp3 player NO!but the double screen is cool i like the psp games though i like the gameplay better

Posted by Random

Well lets see...

Graphically and which Looks better... PSP

Games and Gameplay... DS

Battery Life... DS

More Affordable... DS

Upcoming Game Titles Most Interested in... PSP

DS wins 3/5 :)

PSP does have some games coming out (Final Fantasy 7 Crisis Core, Breath of Fire III, Metal Gear etc etc) that has me very interested but still being pricey I don't believe i'll be purchasing one anytime soon.

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting ~Snake~: well on a ds can it hold pictures and be an mp3 player NO!but the double screen is cool i like the psp games though i like the gameplay better

Actually, you can buy things like Play Yan or a hardrive that let you do that, and also soon a DS Internet Browser/TV Tuner (lets you browse the internet from, say, bed and is perfect wtih Stylus. Also lets you watch TV anywhere, like a radio) is coming out for only about 30 bucks

Posted by GameMiestro

I discovered yesterday that trying to use super glue remover to clean your DS is a very bad idea... :(

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=~Snake~]well on a ds can it hold pictures and be an mp3 player NO!but the double screen is cool i like the psp games though i like the gameplay better

Show me a person that doesn't already have some way of holding digital pictures and is pying a PSP because of that and I'll show you a picture of your asshole.

Can I lock this yet or can we just let it drift into nothingness?

Quoting ~Snake~: well on a ds can it hold pictures and be an mp3 player NO!but the double screen is cool i like the psp games though i like the gameplay better

Well...dude...Nintendo has always been all about the games.

Thats all I care about too. The quality of the games.

Sony is just a cheap *** money sucking company.

Oh and just soo you know...

Nintendo is planning to release a webrowser for the DS, and a t.v module. AND it will be capable with the Wii.

Posted by Burrito

The DS attracted me because of its games. I also prefer it because of its cheaper price and better battery power. I couldn't care less about PSP holding video files and pictures.

Posted by juliebriggs

ds will be even better with the release of the Lite.

Posted by Random

Quoting juliebriggs: ds will be even better with the release of the Lite.

Wait.. It's the same simple DS only smaller right? Theres nothing really different about it. So how is it going to be even better? The PSP is already slim. I don't get it. Can I have a reason? I mean the Lite looks cool but it doesn't make the system or the games better :-\

Posted by ipodman

ds is ok but psp games are cooler

Posted by Drewboy64

Quoting SomebodyRandom: Wait.. It's the same simple DS only smaller right? Theres nothing really different about it. So how is it going to be even better? The PSP is already slim. I don't get it. Can I have a reason? I mean the Lite looks cool but it doesn't make the system or the games better :-\

one could argue that the brighter lights make the games easier to play. Especially a game like Metroid Prime.

Posted by Random

Ah see now I didn't know they had a brighter light. And that would be an improvement. Trying to play Hunters seemed pointless because it was dark.

You're ****ing blind then.

Posted by Random

I thought it was dark. I know others who thought so too. And obviously Drewboy somewhat thinks so too. Maybe I have brightness deficiency if such a thing exists.

No, it's dark. But not "zomg can't see **** captain" dark.

Posted by Random

Eh me and some friends had a difficult time seeing eachother in the game as we walked passed eachother.

Posted by Boner

Quoting Speedfreak: Show me a person that doesn't already have some way of holding digital pictures and is pying a PSP because of that and I'll show you a picture of your asshole.

Can I lock this yet or can we just let it drift into nothingness?

This I must agree with.

I just typed out a few long paragraphs describing my views on this debate when something hit me......"Hey, I've typed all this stuff out before!" So, I deleted everything I typed. Do us all a favor and lock this thing. PLEASE!

Posted by Drewboy64

With Metroid, if I'm holding the DS a certain way, I like to click the screen back so it looks brighter when I play. But a DS Lite will make it much easier.

Also, playing outside wiht a ds lite would be actually possible.

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=SomebodyRandom]Wait.. It's the same simple DS only smaller right? Theres nothing really different about it. So how is it going to be even better? The PSP is already slim. I don't get it. Can I have a reason? I mean the Lite looks cool but it doesn't make the system or the games better :-\

DS Lite is slimmer; has much brighter screens; is more comfortable; more attractive; has a longer, thicker stylus and if you use the Original DSs screen brightness it has double the battery life.

Posted by Zeta

Why hasn't this been deleted yet?

Quoting Speedfreak: has a longer, thicker stylus

Posted by Boner

Quoting Speedfreak: DS Lite is slimmer; has much brighter screens; is more comfortable; more attractive; has a longer, thicker stylus and if you use the Original DSs screen brightness it has double the battery life.

I would like to pint something out here....

Many of the people who have posted in threads pertaining to Sony Vs. Nintento will insitst that Sony is a company that is more interested in sucking money out of our pockets than giving us a good product. But, it's kind of funny how Nintendo will make a new system. Upon release, it is a good product. So, you buy one. A year or so later they make the product smaller/brighter and give you the impression that it's 'better'. Why couldn't they think of it the first time around? Hey, I have an idea! Maybe it's because they want you to spend your money on the first model, then make a 'better' version of the same **** thing and get you to spend that money AGAIN! And hard core Ninty fans will fall for it over and over again. "ZOMG! Nintendo's sales are so high! Tehy r teh uber!"

There are so many variations of the same thing with that company that they remind me of Taco Bell. Look at all of the actual ingredients they use in their menu items. Ground beef, beans, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoe, and hard/soft totillas. They took a regular soft tortilla, smeared some refried beans on it, and slapped that sucker ringht over a regular hard shell taco. WHAMO! It's a new product. And don't even get me started with the Mexican Pizzas.

OK, now I'm hungry. I think I'm actually going to get some of those tacos.

Posted by Random

Thank you Opeth! Nintendo does tend to make a new version of their gaming systems and I totally agree with what you said. However each company is to blame for that. Sony did it with the PSone, and the PS2 Slim, meanwhile Microsoft came out with a rare Green XBox Console which sold Thousands of units. However you are right. They made the GBA had it's new version the GBA SP with a built in battery that you could recharge instead of buying batteries and it was smaller and easier to carry. But then they came out with the GBA SP with a brighter screen. I know people who purchased it thinking it was so OMFG amazing! And it was better but why did they fail to do that with the original SP?

Why make the DS Slimmer if it's not already extremley bulky? Why not originally have a thicker stylus and a brighter screen? I'm a little confused about that. I'm sure someone thought it would be a good way to make more money. I'm not saying Nintendo is money hungry because it's all about the money in business and Sony has blatently done the same thing but... Why?

Sad enough I know people trading in their DS's for less than half the price they traded it in for to get a DS Lite. Lame.. I'd keep the reg DS.

Posted by Speedfreak

It's quite simple, really. Nintendo make money by giving you something you want and then giving you something you want.

Sony make money by trapping people into systems they don't want, like Blu-Ray and UMD. No one wants to rebuy their entire DVD collection on a disc, and no one wants to pay more money for a disc format that simply isn't needed to display HD video. They also make systems that just plain don't work (they're the only company to have a class action lawsuit filed against them for making PS2s that broke easily and then refusing to help).

There is nothing to complain about with DS, DS Lite doesn't do anything that DS doesn't and the original still has it's advantages (lower price, GBA games fit in it better and might be more comfortable for those with bigger hands).

If you wanted a DS that badly on launch then Nintendo gave you exactly what you wanted.
If you wanted to wait for a better looking system then you're getting that now too.
If you don't think DS Lite is that much better then don't bloody buy it, Nintendo aren't forcing you to by giving it features DS doesn't. All the changes are largely cosmetic with the exception of the battery life.
People b[COLOR=lightgreen]i[/COLOR]tch all the time about how they want things things to be perfectl when it's something that simply cannot be expected.

Besides, who's really hurting right now? The guys who have an old DS and will trade it in with $60 to buy a DS Lite, or the guys with a $200 PSP and a bleak future release schedule combined with it's already weak library?

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Speedfreak: Besides, who's really hurting right now? The guys who have an old DS and will trade it in with $60 to buy a DS Lite

Is that a deal or something? Trade in your DS and add on $60 for a lite? Because 4 months ago, the DS for trade in was $40. Getting $90 for it would be absurd.

Posted by Random

Quoting NightmareBassX: Is that a deal or something? Trade in your DS and add on $60 for a lite? Because 4 months ago, the DS for trade in was $40. Getting $90 for it would be absurd.

Trade in here is $30. Although theres a pawn shop that offers $50 for it nearby.

Posted by Boner

All I know is that I can't wait to get my hands on a DS Micro LOLOLZ!

Posted by Random

Quoting Opeth: All I know is that I can't wait to get my hands on a DS Micro LOLOLZ!

haha hold on there cowboy your off on your time. Your hands won't get to touch one of those soon. You'll have to wait about a year :-P

Posted by ~Snake~

well you guys say the ds is better but i still think the psp is better!!!

Posted by Random

I think what you mean to say is:

You guys feel that the DS is better and yet I think the PSP is better.

And thats fine. It's all about what "you" the person who plays it like. One can't say the DS has better games and try to force it on another. I know people who absolutely can't stand the DS but Love the PSP. Thats just how it is I suppose.

Posted by Boner

Quoting ~Snake~: well you guys say the ds is better but i still think the psp is better!!!

That's very constructive of you. Kudos.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting ~Snake~: well you guys say the ds is better but i still think the psp is better!!!

Well, there is a such thing as free thinking and opinion.It's fine, as long as you don't start thinking of it as the ultimate truth.

Posted by juliebriggs

i think the screens on the lite are closer together too... that will be nice

Posted by Pit

Quoting juliebriggs: i think the screens on the lite are closer together too... that will be nice

Yeah I hated movingmy head 10 feet just to see what the **** was going on in Sonic Rush

Posted by Speedfreak

[quote=Burrito]Well, there is a such thing as free thinking and opinion.It's fine, as long as you don't start thinking of it as the ultimate truth.

Ahem.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
~ Douglas Adams.

Posted by Burrito

Quoting Speedfreak: Ahem.

"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
~ Douglas Adams.

I really don't think that applies to this situation.

Posted by juliebriggs

ds lite is great for those of us without a ds yet. now when we buy one, we get the better one

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

I have both. The only reason I'm not selling my PSP is because of guilt about spending that much money on it. I want to like it, I really do, but all the games I play right now are DS. I pick up LCS every now and again and just can't be bothered with the awful controls, so I go play some Metroid or Tetris. I watched Spider-Man 2 on my PSP the other night. It was the first time I'd picked it up in months. I was surprised that the background colour has changed.

The only thing that would save it, in my eyes, would be if UMD movies came down to cheaper than DVDs in price, or if I finally got around to getting some homebrew. And that's a pretty big fail on Sony's part, if you ask me.

Posted by NightmareBassX

The only reason I'd buy a PSP is for the emulation it offers.

Posted by Arcadios

For me it's the DS since they have alot of fun games and that my PSP analog stick fell out and I haven't picked it up since.

Posted by Forbidden Toast

The DS has a lot more games for it I like. The PSP works better as a video/music player than as a gaming system, but that's just my opinion.

DS lite. Is. Better. Ferr real. :D

Posted by ShadowWizard

The DS is most likely better however I can't say for sure since I only own a DS. I've heard from people that have both that it's a choice between pretty graphics on a portable(PSP), or fun innovative gameplay(DS).

Posted by SmileInYourSleep

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]Well, sadly I do not own either, but I have played the DS. I didn't really like it. The games weren't very interesting to me, but that doesn't mean it is a bad system.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Posted by Arcadios

Well I have to say that in game libary I have to go with the DS put in terms of graphics it's PSP.
But whats a good graphic system without any good games, DS it is! :D

Posted by protomanv4

DS cuz better games and u spend less money lol :).

Posted by muffla

i really dont care because i have them both (for a grand total of 300$) i love ebay

Posted by Huntrax

I think DS is better because, Does'nt need a memory card unlike the psp witch is around 30 bucks each for a memory card. Even though the psp has updates, It takes up your memory on your memory card so less games, music, etc. I really like the DS's Wifi and I can hardly find a psp Wifi game, the only one I heard that had wifi was that X-Men game. It seems whenever nintendo makes a new system everyone calls it Kiddish because It simply owns sony and they are just sad about it.

Posted by Grave Wisdom

DS destroys PSP. It's been proven by science.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

PSP firmware updates don't permanently take up room on your memory card, Huntrax. Whoever told you that is a filthy liar. Most ways of updating don't even require a memory card, either.

True, PSP's WiFi is undersupported. It's by no means a bad console, however - it's just not as good as DS all-told.

I've had this discussion already recently though, and I'm not going to hash it all out again.

Posted by Colonel

Don't you think your answer is going to be biased? I mean, going on a Nintendo DS board and asking which on is better. [COLOR="DimGray"]DS all the way[/COLOR]

Quoted post: Don't you think your answer is going to be biased? I mean, going on a Nintendo DS board and asking which on is better.

Not really. Members don't stay to just one board, so I doubt it really matters where the poll is made.