Will there ever be a Megaman 9?

Posted by Arcadios

I like megaman alot, the megaman series is third in my book 2nd is Sonic and 1st is Mario but I like the classic series out of all the Megaman seires and I want to know if they will ever make a Megaman 9 and will it be 3-D?
I'd rather not they put it in 3-D since I like the 2-d way of playing more then 3-D cause I saw what it did to the X series it looked alittle......"Blaa"....and I like the X series but I liked it better before X7, but keep in mind I never played beyond Megaman X6.

Posted by Phantasma2

[COLOR="Black"]I read somewhere that they were gonna make X9 but not 9.[/COLOR]

Posted by Arcadios

Sucks....I like the X series but they should have killed it off when X5 came out.....they were going to but changed their minds.

Posted by Linko_16

I actually would like to see how they'd do with one or two more classic titles... bring back the old, sprite-based glory. What they really need is closure on it; I know it'd ruin hundreds of fan fics, but it'd be awesome to have a game showing the events in between the existing games and the beginning of the X series.

Then again, knowing Capcom's writers, maybe it's best the way it is. I doubt they'd make it as cool as I'm currently picturing it.

Anyway, if you're worried about Mega Man X games going downhill, try out X8. I expected to abandon the series altogether after I played the monstrosity that is X7, but I'm having loads of fun with my X8 rental. You can bet I'll be buying it.

Posted by Arcadios

I doubt Capcom will bridge the series together even thoght I think every megaman fan there is in the world would love to see the change between the Classic Megaman into Megaman X.

Posted by Zeta

I'd bet money that eventually some idiot will post "MegaMan & Bass is MegaMan 9!"

While it would be nice to see another Classic game, I wouldn't exactly be freaking out over it. After playing X and Zero series, the Classic games are kinda slow-paced for me.

Posted by Arcadios

Quoting Zeta: I'd bet money that eventually some idiot will post "MegaMan & Bass is MegaMan 9!"

Yea I agree and I wonder if Capcom included Bass into the X series like the did with the Net Series would anyone like it.......if Bass was to appear into a 2-D sprite X game I'd like it but if u played the Power Fighter arcade games it says Bass has a limited supply of energy/fuel and unless he found a new source of energy/fuel he wouldn't have lived to make it to the X era.

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=Zeta]I'd bet money that eventually some idiot will post "MegaMan & Bass is MegaMan 9!"

While it would be nice to see another Classic game, I wouldn't exactly be freaking out over it. After playing X and Zero series, the Classic games are kinda slow-paced for me.

MEGAMAN 9 IS OBVIOUSLY ROCKMAN AND FORTE. THIS WOULD MAKE THE WHOLE MEGAMAN "X" THING WORK, EVEN IF INAFUNE DIDN'T INTEND FOR THE X TO MEAN TEN, BUT WANTED IT TO BE MORE LIKE X IN MATHMATICS, STANDING FOR THE UNKNOWN, REPRESENTING THE LIMITLESS POWER OF MEGAMAN X, AND IT WAS ALSO TO SHAKE OFF HIS SLAVE NAME AND RISE TO DEFEAT THE WHITE MAN.

Also, there's nothing in the works for a 9. Classic Megaman series is dead.

Posted by Zeta

There's a slim chance they might make 9 after all the Powered Up games are done. So slim.

And *** ****, I wish I could rep you. That Malcom X thing made me laugh so hard.

Posted by Arcadios

Yea didn't Capcom say they were going to redo the megaman X from 1-3 on psp? They also said that 1-3 would be granteed but 4-(Whatever number their goning to stop) would depend on the sales.

Posted by Minesweeper

[QUOTE=Linko_16]What they really need is closure on it; I know it'd ruin hundreds of fan fics, but it'd be awesome to have a game showing the events in between the existing games and the beginning of the X series.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/LovelyConcerto/blachoosphemy.gif[/IMG]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Gray"]^.^;[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Linko_16]Then again, knowing Capcom's writers, maybe it's best the way it is. I doubt they'd make it as cool as I'm currently picturing it.
So true. XP

[quote=Stalolin]Also, there's nothing in the works for a 9. Classic Megaman series is dead.
Well, not dead, per se. >.>; I mean, after Anniversary Collection, people remembered they actually liked the little blue d00d. XD But, it is sort of... stalled... since there aren't (known >.>) plans for another game.