top 10 genesis games

Posted by juliebriggs

whats everyones top 10 genesis game?

Posted by ZEN

This is one of my favorite lists to compile from a console because it always seems so varied.

1. Landstalker - "Zelda style" adventure game that's heavy on platforming elements. Great dialog and characters. This will probably always be my number 1 choice. One of the greatest games ever made in the history of ever.

2. Phantasy Star IV - My favorite 16-bit RPG (no I still haven't played Chrono Trigger yet). Captivating story and memorable cast of characters. Battle system has a nice strategy element to it. This game is a hundred times better if you play the Phantasy Star 1 and 2 first (as it concludes the story from those).

3. Star Control - Turn-based space strategy. Lots of different game modes. This is one of the best games to play against yourself (I do it all the time and have a 65% winning percentage).

4. Wonder Boy In Moster World - Fun side-scrolling adventure. Kind of a cross between Metroid and Legend of Zelda. Perfect for anyone who likes those "find an item that gives you the ability to reach a new area" type quests.

5. M.U.S.H.A. - Greatest of all Genesis shooters. Impressive graphics still to this day. Also my choice for best soundtrack in a Genesis game.

6. Gunstar Heroes - Absolutely insane side-scrolling blast-fest. Perhaps the best 2-player simultaneous game. Plays like Contra or Metal Slug on crack. Boss fights totally "own".

7. Quackshot - This is a side-scroller starring Donald Duck featuring perhaps the deadliest of all weapons... a plunger gun! It's the variety of game play in which the plunger gun is utilized that really makes it shine.

8. Streets of Rage 2 - Beat-'em-up heaven. Is my favorite of the Rage series. Good mix of fighters to choose from ("Skate" kicks major tail). Excellent techno-dance soundtrack. A "must play" for anyone who enjoys the Final Fight/ Double Dragon style contest.

9. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 + Sonic and Knuckles - Two great fast-action platformers. Combine the carts together to form the ultimate Sonic experience.

10. Gain Ground - Another excellent 2-player game. This one kind of plays like a single screen Gauntlet where you either try to kill off everything on the stage or just run to the exit. Has about 30 characters to play as, featuring everything from futuristic missile launching cyborgs to a guy in a loin cloth chucking a spear. Fun stuff.

I still need to play Shadowrun, Beyond Oasis, Shining Force 2, Warsong, Earthworm Jim 2, and General Chaos (a few games that I usually see pop up on "Genesis best" lists).

Posted by juliebriggs

ever play dynamite heeddy? that game is fun heh

Posted by Ant

1. Sonic 3 + Knuckles
2. Sonic 2
3. Sonic 1
4. Ghost and Ghoules
5. Quackshot
6. Dune
7. Joe Montana Football
8. Krusty's Super Fun House
9. Alien Storm