Predator 2

Posted by Buneasta

Although it's not as great as the Schwarzenegger original, this film does have alot of loud action and good acting.

While gangsters and a beleagured police force fight in Los Angeles 1997, an alien hunter is eliminating everything in sight which has the poilce baffled. Mike Harrigan, played by Lethal Weapon's Danny Glover is hot on the case. Then one night his friend Danny is killed by the Predator while investigating a crime scene. I didn't think it really worked having a Predator in a city as the jungle setting was more ideal, but still the film is very entertaining. There is a team out to capture the Predator and the cops try to get a lead on him during the film. The leader is Peter Keys, played by actor Gary Busey.

There was something I noticed though. Near the end you can see a skull of an Alien. So that definitely set things up nicely for Paul Anderson's dream project, AVP: Alien Vs. Predator.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Anderson ****ed that movie up. enough said. :mad2:

Posted by Buneasta

Yeah, he got a reputation for ruining the Resident Evil franchise too.

Posted by Bebop

I watched 10 minutes of that movie and devloped cancer.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Anderson ****ed that movie up. enough said.

As much as I love that movie to death, I agree. When you compare P1 with P2 you think, what the **** happened?

Quoted post: There was something I noticed though. Near the end you can see a skull of an Alien. So that definitely set things up nicely for Paul Anderson's dream project, AVP: Alien Vs. Predator.

Yes, every fan knows that. But in fact it started the comics. He took inspiration from the comics, not necessarily that scene. He did say that if it wasn't fore that shot, he would never have been able to make AVP, but if it was for the comics there would be no AVP anything.

Anyways the movie was bad, if you're a critic. But I loved it, just because of what it was. Though the P1 model looked better than the P2 model , it still looked really cool. And I'm glad they tried a new design, since Predators, like humans, all look different. One thing unfortunate about the film was the score. The music was awful, nothing like P1, so I was pretty disappointed in it. But still, it was good enough for me to have four different copies of the film.

That being said, I think they should have used the Concrete Jungle plot. You can see some silmilarites between the two, but if they based it directly off the comic/book, I think it could have been fantastic.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Ehhh, Anderson was just showboating for hype for AvP. You can tell his heart was never really into it when you saw his interviews. Big Businesses were pushing the movie, not him. He got placed on it and said "sure, why not?"

Quoted post: Ehhh, Anderson was just showboating for hype for AvP. You can tell his heart was never really into it when you saw his interviews.

Yeah, I sorta got that from his interviews also. He didn't seem really that enthusiastic about it. Though he says he's a huge fan of both Predator and Alien ("I've seen Aliens more than 100 time, it's my default DVD") I think he would much rather do an Alien film and not have to deal with the whole Predator thing. I think this because everything in AVP is geared more towards the Aliens (all the little nods to the Alien films with very little towards the Predator films). *Shrugs*

Posted by Buneasta

Bill Paxton is always a whiner in his film roles.

Quoted post: Bill Paxton is always a whiner in his film roles.

He wasn't a whiner. He was a smooth-talking son-of-a-gun. Plus, he was a hero in the train scene.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Buneasta: Bill Paxton is always a whiner in his film roles.

death to you