Edit Notice.

Posted by NightmareBassX

I'm not sure if this idea has been brought up, nor if its possible. But is there a way to say that there has been an edit in a thread? I think it'd be useful when someone is giving imformation of something, and they edit more information in, so the people who already viewed the post would know if the some of it was edited. Like when it says there has been a new post, it was be labeled as an edit. I don't know, I just thought it'd be an interesting suggestion.

Posted by Xenos

Edit your original post - bump/post in the thread and say it has been added.

Posted by Linko_16

There are already notices at the bottom of the post if it's been edited, though I believe they only appear if the post is edited five minutes or so after its creation.

Posted by Xenos

I think he meant to make it in a bigger notification ... moreso than that.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Xenos: I think he meant to make it in a bigger notification ... moreso than that.

Yeah, I did. Like when it says new post in a thread, off the to the topic, it will say EDIT: (Thread)

Posted by Dreadnought

I agree, actually. It could be a very useful and helpful feature; maybe a little ticker at the top of the board which automatically springs up everytime a post older than 15 minutes is edited?

Posted by sabre

I think it's a bad idea unless you have to check a box to say "bump this post after editing" or something, but even then it could be used as a tool for trouble-makers. Sounds more hassle than it's worth, anyway. If it's that important you can just delete your previous post and make a new, revised one.