Allow myself to introduce... myself. Robot Incoming!

Posted by Destructoid

SW33T BOARD, I'LL TAKE IT!

Seriously, this has to be the most comprehensive video game message board I've ever come across, and I'm really happy to have found it. I'm looking forward to digging deep and meeting some fellow long time hardcore gamers - people just like me! I hail from Miami, land of the dirty sidewalks and aggressive homeless people, 2nd capital of fake boobs behind LA, and destructive hurricanes. But the weather is otherwise very nice!

Just a Wii bit about me - I've been gaming since I was 7, got an Atari 2600 a year late and have been behind one console behind everybody else since then :) But I'm an avid collector of video games and try to squeeze in game time every chance I get. My favorite game of all time is Megaman 2 for it's amazing creativity and killer soundtrack, which is in my top 10 video game soundtracks lead by Castlevania Symphony of the Night. These are the things that I get preoccupied with when I'm not gaming or blogging!

My personal video game site is destructoid.com just like my avatar, which is our robot mascot. I blog there as Niero, one of the editors. You're probably wondering about the robot! Yep, he's real - we actually have a helmet made and I wore this thing abour this year's E3 to the chagrin of so-called serious video game journalists. I'm like dude - this is supposed to be fun, get over it. Whatever, we had a blast! I have some videos of me playing the Wii system with it on in YouTube, you'll get a good laugh.

Anyway, that's about it for me! Thanks and see you on the boards!

Niero the Destructoid!

Posted by GameMiestro

Flashiest intro I've seen so far. You are going to actually post here, though, right?

Posted by Destructoid

Heh yessir! I may be robot, but I'm not a bot :-D

I just wrote a diatribe on the future systems thing and blogged it too. There's a lot of original ideas flowing here that I hope to use as inspiration for my writing. Really digging some of the retro discussions going on here, I'm like overwhelmed. I feel like the kid who missed the first 3 weeks of school and is playing catch up.

Posted by Ant

Wow, an intelligent newbie. WELCOME ABORD PARTNER!

Posted by Slade

The force is strong in this one.

Posted by Stalolin

'sup? Welcome to VGC. I see you've already posted in the Megaman board so I'll skip the whole "go post in the Megaman board" spiel.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: I just wrote a diatribe on the future systems thing and blogged it too.

This is all I read, and all I need to read. Welcome.

Posted by Corrupt

Do all of us a favor and stick around, pal; I can see you giving all kinds of fantastic contributions to this place. Without further ado, welcome to VGC. I think you'll find yourself quite at home here.

Posted by Destructoid

Really nice to m33t all of you, thanks for the kind words. This board RAWKS! I'm lovin' it like Ronald McDonald.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Yeah, welcome to the boards :link:

Posted by Crazy K

Welcome to Video game chat, have fun and post lots.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Quoting Destructoid: Really nice to m33t all of you, thanks for the kind words. This board RAWKS! I'm lovin' it like Ronald McDonald.

Go[Color=navy]d[/color], aren't you hyper? ;)

Welcome to VGC.

Posted by Raptor

....m33t?

Posted by Destructoid

heh, I get carried away with our mascot stuff. You know, it rhymes with Sw33t!

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Austen power, lol.
APPROVED /stamp

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Destructoid: My favorite game of all time is Megaman 2

I think we'll get along. :metool:

Nice to meet you, hope you enjoy the forums.

Posted by Arczu

Talk about beaing above the rest. Nice one! You just enjoy your stay here.

Destructoid eh? Sounds interesting. Can't wait to hear more from ya.

Posted by The Judge

I have never seen a new member so enthusiastically welcomed before. For that you are commended.

But beyond that, I didn't read anything you wrote, so I'll just assume everyone knows what they're talking about and say welcome.

"Welcome."

Posted by Xenos

Hang around for a bit - most newbies leave after awhile. :(

Posted by The Judge

ie. As soon as they finish writing their intro thread

Posted by Destructoid

That's so true, it's the same on my little microcosm. You get the drifters and even the regulars are only regulars for an extended window before they get into a flame war with another regular who thinks he's more entitled, and you lose them too. But I have to warn you... you might be stuck with me though :)