I had an idea...

Posted by GameMiestro

...what if we did a D&D style "roleplay", where one person creates the environments and enemies, and the other people team up to conquer it? Yeah, the "gamemaster" type person would be pretty much screwed, but I don't mind. I think it would make an interesting battle.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

There's a hack someone made awhile ago I heard about that does dice rolls when you input a code. Something like [dice2][6] and that would roughly equal 2d6. But your idea sounds most intriguing.

Posted by GameMiestro

This wouldn't be a chance game, it would be a normal roleplay, and how you make of it would be up to the players. 3-4 other people playing would be best. Oh, and here's the beginning...

"The enormous marble dome surrounding you reminds you of a cathedral- rows and rows of pews seem to stretch on for miles, and the celiengs are held by thick Roman style pillars, which you figure is marble as well. For some reason, the entire building looks like it is in a tint of green, though looking at any one spot, you cannot see any shade of the kind. However, you know no pastor preaches here- the air is far too crisp.

The only movement you can sense is the swirling portal behind you, dwarfed by the size of the building you are in, but reverberating with a power unlike any kind of magic you've seen before. You came in through that purple, pulsating swirl of magical energy, and wonder it will be there when you need to come back out- not that you need to worry about that just yet, you have a mission to accomplish, and failure would mean certain doom for you anyways. You feel a little homesick, or are you just sick of home?

All these thoughts you ponder, until a small opening a few hundred feet to the left of you becomes appearant. This isn't just a dome, after all... well, at least you have some idea where to go now- as dangerous as it may be.

You have several options. You could search the domed building over, looking for any clues that could help you on your case. You could wait for backup, though that could possibly cost time. You could even attempt to go back through the portal- but would that necessarily save you from your enemies? Or, you could run through the opening on the left- but you don't know what dangers lie inside.

Only one thing is certain- you need to choose."

Posted by Crono

In other words, it's a sim battle determined by a master enemy with multiple participants working as a team.

So an RP with a person in charge of the enemy instead of randomly determined by players' actions.

Posted by GameMiestro

Yes, and that's an improvement, don't you think?

Posted by Crono

Better in the way of a regular RP maybe, although it would be led along by a master writer instead of by the combined thought of many writers, which basically kills it in my eyes. An RP is a story chained and pieced together from many people's minds, all based on a singular goal in their own eyes, and all those goals come together along the way into a singular goal, instead of everyone setting out to finish the same thing together.

Posted by GameMiestro

All I'd be is a guide. Sort of like those sim battles where you see how long your character can last against hoards and hoards of enemies, except with some story elements involved. You all could still decide locations and enemies and such, but for the most part, that would be the master writers job.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Basically you mean you want to have an RPG where one person plays as all the enemies instead of just letting everyone decide 'oh, we fight this now' and 'oh it's dead now'?

Posted by Strike

Sounds like Hawkeye's old RPGS. Not that much of a new idea at all.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote]
[COLOR=#7cfc00][FONT=Verdana]Basically you mean you want to have an RPG where one person plays as all the enemies instead of just letting everyone decide 'oh, we fight this now' and 'oh it's dead now'?[/FONT][/COLOR]

The player has to have some control over the enemy, otherwise, attacks won't make sense. Generally, yes, though. It's not like you can just have everyone decide what enemies will appear and when- that would either be chaos or really boring.

[quote]Sounds like Hawkeye's old RPGS. Not that much of a new idea at all.

Never heard of him, or these RPG's you're talking about.

EDIT: Wow, I can't change the font from green, even in the edit menu... :mad:

EDIT: Learn to edit better? -- Crono