Jake's Camping Experience.

Posted by VirtualRealityZone

Well, yeah incase you people haven't noticed I have been gone since friday. I went to this little hick ass campground called "Irish Hills" in Michigan. It was so freakin crowded it wasn't even funny. Okay anyway...

It was a horrible experience. First of all our campsite was wedged in between two other ones and it was really small. We had absolutely no room. Second of all I was stuck in a tent with 3 other people that wouldnt shut the **** up (I got absolutely no sleep in the four days I was gone. Seriously, I'm about to fall out of my computer chair). Third of all...it was just pretty ghey.

There was only two things good about the place. I met some people and got some digits (Which made me happy :D) and there was a pretty good band there on Saturday.

So yeah...that was my..."camping" experience.

Posted by ~vampire~

Yeah I hate these types of activity too. I prefere go have fun in family or by myself. Mountain climbing for example.

Quoting ~vampire~: I prefere go have fun in family or by myself.

I went with a couple friends and my cousin. And yeah...I myself rather go to an isolated area where nobody else is around. I hate going to campgrounds. There way too crowded.

Posted by Xenos

A band? Camping?

... :chainsaw:

Quoting Xenos: A band? Camping?

... :chainsaw:

It was just for memorial day weekend. They made this nice size stage at this vacant field and they played there.

Posted by Xenos

But still. I guess it's just me, but it ruins the whole meaning of camping 'cause I like to get away from that type of thing and just enjoy the quiet/serene landscape.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: I went with a couple friends and my cousin. And yeah...I myself rather go to an isolated area where nobody else is around. I hate going to campgrounds. There way too crowded.

Indeed they are. Plus sometimes they star to sing with their guitar when you want to sleep... anyways, alone if a big term, but going with your best friend can be fun sometimes. ;)

Posted by GameMiestro

I thought this thread had something to do with Counter Strike. :(

Posted by ~vampire~

Camping experience Vs. CS

hmmm nope, no matches found ;)

Posted by Dexter

You need to change your camping environment to get better camping results. I suggest hiking further away from human activities and isolating yourself from the cacophonous commotion of others. How can you see bears when there's a band playing?

Posted by Raptor

Sounds like a pretty dreadful "camping" experience.

My worst "camping" experience was at a little RV "resort" along the Colorado River near Lake Havasu on Memorial Day weekend. The only reason I got involved with it was because I was in Arizona at the time and it was a convenient way to meet up with someone from California. Imagine pulling into a space in a dusty gravelled lot amongst thousands of other RV's, stepping out into hot sunshine and still air with temperatures in the high 90's, surrounded by screaming kids, noisy families, and the soothing melodies of several electrical generators. Even worse, the RV's air conditioner burnt out on the first day. The river was nearby, but I never got to see it- the crowds were too dense. I could only hear the whine of jet ski engines as I sat at my campsite beholding the marvelous view of a bathroom. I imagine it wasn't anything too special, though.

How anyone could possibly find enjoyment in such conditions is beyond me. Humans...

Escaping from people and communing with beautiful nature is my primary objective in camping. It's a shame more people can't seem to let themselves go and become more receptive to it all. And by receptive, I don't mean basing one's choice of campsite on how much of a phone signal they can get.

Posted by Xenos

That reminds me of the time where I went to Big Basin a year back ... two sites down from me was a man who had his ridiculously huge trailer and brought his television with him.

To answer your rep comment, Virtual, I spent my half of my Memorial Day weekend up here:

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?p=269458#post269458

[no, not VGChat]

Posted by Klarth

[quote=Raptor]Humans...
OH MY FUCKING JESUS CHRIST SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Posted by Velvet Nightmare

Quoting VirtualRealityZone: I met some people and got some digits (Which made me happy :D.

I'm assuming women?

Posted by Klarth

Fingers