Crying

Posted by Kamek

Have you ever just cried for no reason? I never used to be much of a crier at all, until last year. I don't know why, but today I just felt like crying all night. Maybe it's because I've been going through a lot lately or whatever, but I always found it odd that sometimes, I'd feel sad or like crying and I couldn't pinpoint exactly what made me feel that way.

Have any of you guys ever felt this way? When/Why was the last time you cried?

Posted by Xenos

For some odd reason, I "cry" when I laugh moreso than when I get sad. It would take alot to make me weep from rue and as far as that goes, very few people have been capable of doing so. For some reason, I always saw crying out of sorrow as a weak thing - I mean, as odd as this sounds, I don't care if someone else does it, but I could never live with myself if I were to do so in turn.

Considering I laugh a lot, I think the last time I cried was yesterday.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Too grim to cry.

Though in all seriousness, no. I actually haven't cried in a long time, and even then it was usually for a pretty good reason. I mean, my life is going well enough that I'm not going to curl up into a ball in my cold, dark room and have myself a good cry for no particular reason.

Posted by Stalolin

I've had times where I've cried for no reason. Haven't done it in awhile, but you're not alone.

Posted by Dexter

I cry very often. I had a dry time between the age of 7 to 19 when I perhaps only cried 2 times, but since the age of 19, I've turned into a heavy crier. I do cry for unknown reasons, for sad reasons, and also for happy reasons or moments of overwhelming magnificence. The last time I cried was probably Saturday night.

Posted by Ant

I can't really recall the last time I did. Well, out of sadness. But I cried last Tuesday out of laughter. I forgot what was so **** funny. Maybe Judge will remember(he was the one that caused such).

But to answer your question, I've always had a good reason to cry. I've never just sat here and for no reason felt the need to cry. Sorry buddy.

EDIT: I REMEMBERED! It was the thought of Derick being on the show Trading Spouses talking about how he posts on this site called "VGC" and this blog on the site called "DA" and how he is a "Mod" there and does a thing called "posting" and "bans" people from said blog. I fukken BOL'D at him saying that on TV.

Posted by ~vampire~

For some reason, up to 12 years old, I cried whenever my parents gave me **** for something. Now, the only that will actually make me cry will be the death of someone in my family...

Posted by Lord of Spam

Not emo enough to cry without reason. Sorry.

Posted by junior senior

Quoting Dexter: I cry very often. I had a dry time between the age of 7 to 19 when I perhaps only cried 2 times, but since the age of 19, I've turned into a heavy crier. I do cry for unknown reasons, for sad reasons, and also for happy reasons or moments of overwhelming magnificence. The last time I cried was probably Saturday night.

Wolfy walked out? :(

I haven't cried in a while, but there's times that my eyes tear from being too hot in the room and laughter.

Posted by ~vampire~

Quoting Lord of Spam: Not emo enough to cry without reason. Sorry.

hmm. I think the creator of this thread got pwned...

Posted by Aesthetic

This varies for me. I used to never cry at sad movies (from my first memory of watching a sad movie up until I was around nine years old), and then it's like something just switched in me, when even in movies that I knew were just movies and that it probably wouldn't really happen that way, I'd tear up - though I'd never actually cry. I remember my first "tearjerker" movie - "Homeward Bound" (shush :mad:). Even in something like "The Lion King", I thought that Mufasa was going to come back (which he kinda did), so I never cried.

About non-movie times, it's pretty difficult for me to cry. I don't know why that is... deaths never really made me cry (even when I was really close to the person), but that might be because I've always believed they're going to a better place and reuniting with their loved ones. Other times, this isn't a very good way to be - my senior year of high school, I was on-stage, having a farewell concert to the underclassmen in Show Choir. When we were finished, they sang a song to us, and all of the seniors in Show Choir started to cry - except for me. I made a sympathetic face and all, but I just couldn't muster up the ability to cry on cue - and thus, was perceived to be a ***** by the audience ("Why weren't you crying? Aren't you sad that you're leaving them?!" I actually was asked this by complete strangers).

OF COURSE, there's also family matters - I always used to cry when my dad would get angry at me. He didn't even have to yell - just sensing that he was merely disappointed in me made me tear up and apologize immediately. Through the years, however, various things added up that caused me to not care as much. One, I sort of became immune to the constant negativity and inability to be pleased; two, he would say the same thing over and over again most of the time, which would become too redundant to be effective; and three, I grew up and realized that about 99% of the time, he's wrong, and deserved to be yelled at himself. So even with that, I don't cry.

Lately, I think I've just become too cynical and in a "well, that doesn't surprise me" attitude to actually cry over something. I used to be the type of person to cry over something, when I didn't even know what it was that was bothering me (if anything at all), and I always felt that it was good to cry (I used to a lot), but I honestly don't remember the last time I had tears stre- oh, yeah I do. It was a couple weeks ago, heh. Anyway, besides that time, it's been pretty rare.

k, and if you skipped over all of that, I'll just sum this up by saying that the only time I really cry is when I laugh, since I do that a lot. People get annoyed sometimes at how much I laugh. It's supposed to be contagious, not annoying :(

Posted by Fate

I do. I guess it's mostly because I don't want to cry. Sometimes, I'll just be sitting alone and I'll cry for no reason; the reasons seem to come after the tears have already fallen. It's strange to me. :(

Posted by Kamek

Quoting ~vampire~: hmm. I think the creator of this thread got pwned...

It was only a matter of time before this came up. Hah, things sure haven't changed around here. I can't even make a serious topic without that. Whatever it was expected.

The purpose of this thread was to ask people why they cry and when the last time they cried was. I gotta run, but I'll edit this later with some more responses to everyones responses.

Posted by Raptor

I don't cry very often at all. I think the last time I cried was last August. I have to become extremely overwhelmed with emotion to end up in tears, and most of the time, I'm not. Though, the occasions in which I've felt like crying are much more frequent.

But honestly, I don't see how it's possible to cry without reason. There has got to be a reason you're feeling so strongly, yes?

Quoting ~vampire~: hmm. I think the creator of this thread got pwned...

Shut the **** up.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Raptor]I don't cry very often at all. I think the last time I cried was last August. I have to become extremely overwhelmed with emotion to end up in tears, and most of the time, I'm not. Though, the occasions in which I've felt like crying are much more frequent.

I didn't know that wolves had the physical ability to shed tears BUT ANYWAYS... no, I haven't cried any time recently that was caused by some form of emotional problem. It's usually just some physical reason, like it being very hot outside, or a natural reaction to being punched in the gut.

[quote]But honestly, I don't see how it's possible to cry without reason. There has got to be a reason you're feeling so strongly, yes?

Ever tried making onion soup? :(

Posted by Arczu

Decided to stop crying quite a few years ago. I never feel sad enough to cry anymore, and if I do, I vent it out a different way.

Primarily, it was because I did so much that I gave myself a headache, but later I just plain decided that the taste of tears is not for me. Or something like that. But I can still look like I am whenever I yawn. I hate that. Everytime I yawn, I can feel tears seeping out and people will be like "Why are you crying?".

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Ever tried making onion soup?

Onions are the reason you're crying. There's always a reason.

Posted by Red

once I cried from watching the movie " I am Sam" but never cried for no reason before :S

although I think I might know the reason for wanting to cry without a reason...P.M.S

Posted by Dexter

There may always be a reason, but finding that reason isn't always easy or even possible. Something that you didn't even consciously notice may have triggered something that results in tears. Scientology has some interesting thoughts on this. I believe The Silent Birth method is constructed around the idea.

Posted by Xenos

The Silent Birth?

Posted by Skitzo Control

I haven't cried since I saw Old Yeller when I was four. After that, I nearly cried when (if you haven't seen/read Where The Red Fern Grows, I suggest you not highlight the blank spot to the right) [spoiler]Big Dan and Little Ann[/spoiler] died, but I didn't shed a tear.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Xenos: The Silent Birth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_birth

It actually does make some sense. However, the first 7 days of a babies life are incredibly significant and it seems more appropriate to introduce the baby to various noises instead of complete silence. I'd want my daughter to get used to the sound of my voice. I do believe that things we don't remember as children or even as babies can be triggered later on in life and perhaps be powerful enough to make us cry, which will perplex us and possibly cause severe difficulties in our lives and our relationships with others, including our children.

Mentioning scientology is probably the most dangerous thing a furry cosplayer like myself could do on VGC.

Posted by Crazy K

I sometimes get watery eyes in school and it makes me look like I cried. I really don't know why it happens. Sometimes I have something in my eye and I begin to tear up. But other then that I have no idea why it happens.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

^ When I look at people sweat, cry, or if something is in my eyes, my eyes would start to water up.

[quote=Lord of Spam]Not emo enough to cry without reason. Sorry.
Clever.

I'm surprised someone brought this up. :p
No I don't mean to sound like a *****.

I had one freak out this one sumemr, where I would start shaking a lot and everything got real cold and then I couldn't stop crying. There wasn't any reason behind it at all it just happened at once. It was a normal but borring day and the sun was up in the sky.

Oh wait, it might've been those **** Zolofts I took.
(6 100 mgs of Zoloft = mess you up big time)

Posted by Porcupine

I always wanted to be the town crier.

Anyway, real men show no emotion.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

Unless they're on drugs right?

Posted by maian

I used to cry all the time, at like everything, until this year or last or year or so. I just...don't cry anymore. Strange, I used to be the biggest cryer in the world. More than any guy I knew, anyway. >_>

The last time I cried, which was actually only a week or so ago, was when my Grandma died when I was in the hospital. I didn't even cry at the funeral, even though I felt terrible.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

I can't go to funerals. Every time I would go it would remind me of my grandfather's when I was a youngin'. At that funeral I had myself a good ol' time like he would've wanted it to be. Now everytime I go to a funeral I can't stop laughing. I don't think I take things in so serious.

Posted by Draxamus

REAL MEN DON'T CRY

Posted by Kaise Suratu

Unless you get injected with Novacain in the eye and you have no choice but to cry, right?

Or the equivilent... listening to Hawthorne Height's sweet and soothing lyrics. :rolleyes:

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Porcupine: Anyway, real men show no emotion.

Be a man, give into hate. You have the power, give into rage.

Posted by Linko_16

I've cried for books, movies, and even the occasional videogame. I never cry for myself, though, no matter how awful I feel. I can't say if this is a good or bad thing.

Posted by Slade

I usually only cry out of grievance/self-pity once or twice a year, or sometimes not at all for more than a year.
I don't like to... it doesn't feel good to me, just gives me a headache. The only things that make me cry are times when so many things happen in a row that I lose control of my emotions after they've been worn down for a while.

However, when my grandfather died, I cried. This is strange, because I only say him about 6 times, and he didn't like kids at all, so he'd just sit there. He was also too weak to do much of anything... I think I cried when I heard that he died for my dad, because I knew that he never had a good relationship with his dad(my grandfather).

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Dexter: There may always be a reason, but finding that reason isn't always easy or even possible. Something that you didn't even consciously notice may have triggered something that results in tears. Scientology has some interesting thoughts on this. I believe The Silent Birth method is constructed around the idea.

That's exactly what I was trying to get at in my initial post. I feel like I know why I felt like crying, but didn't at the same time. It was like an amalgamation of things yet it was hard to pinpoint that exact one. I'm not a person who cries everyday or something, or "emo" or whatever the **** that means, but I have been going through a lot lately, and I just wanted to see why and how people deal with crying, and what they cry about.

And about this "I've decided to discard all my emotion" stuff I see from a lot of people...why? I don't understand. Does it make them feel cool? I knew a kid who wanted to be like some anime character and was like "I no longer have feelings and I'm going to weild a sword and protect the kingdom" and i I don't even know. Does it help you deal with things better by just discarding feeling? Is that even possible? When I was about 13-15 I kind of tried that, and I guess it worked to some extent. I hadn't cried in all those years, but then again I'd just gotten used to the obstacles life seemed to constantly throw at me. I'm rambling and I don't know where I'm going with this, but I just want to ask why some people feel the need to discard or attempt to discard emotion.

Posted by Dexter

It is possible to discard certain emotions. I don't think one could discard all emotions, but one certainly has the power to alter their perspectives on certain things and make themselves care less or not at all regarding certain aspects. You can repress feelings and memories. You can overcome past struggles and trauma. I've been doing some severe repressing of my own lately and although I didn't want to do it, it is something that will be better, hopefully, if I do. It is repressing that has been suggested I do, and I promised I would do my best to do it. And you know what, I have been doing really good with it. It is amazing how quickly I was able to control that feeling of mine and push it back. I'm not fooling myself into thinking I have removed it entirely because I know I have not, but I have decreased the power it held over me from before.

Posted by Azure Wolf

I don't usually for made up scinerios, although one or two may have let a tear fall.
I usually cry out of depression if my life is being a *****. Because no matter how I hate it, I am a girl. (Entire crowd gasps XD)
Although I don't let people see it. I cry in the shower, so even if I have tearstains left over, no one can tell the difference. [/clever]

Posted by Dexter

For some reason, I also tend to cry often in the shower. I think that's because, at the end of the day, that's when I start reflecting on certain matters that may trigger crying. The rest of the day is usually too distracting to get myself into deep contemplation.

I was thinking about happy thoughts the other day and how excited I was about upcoming events that I just started crying about it. I had a smile on my face and tears in my eyes. I wasn't at all laughing to the point of tearing up, just crying out of happiness. I rarely laugh myself to tears.

No one's around to see me cry anyway. People distract me from crying. I don't try to hide my tears. If I was going to cry and someone was there, I'd probably just cry, but I suppose it depends. I know I cry more than the average guy, but I accept it and actually enjoy it. I was so relieved when I started crying again.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Dexter: It is possible to discard certain emotions. I don't think one could discard all emotions, but one certainly has the power to alter their perspectives on certain things and make themselves care less or not at all regarding certain aspects. You can repress feelings and memories. You can overcome past struggles and trauma. I've been doing some severe repressing of my own lately and although I didn't want to do it, it is something that will be better, hopefully, if I do. It is repressing that has been suggested I do, and I promised I would do my best to do it. And you know what, I have been doing really good with it. It is amazing how quickly I was able to control that feeling of mine and push it back. I'm not fooling myself into thinking I have removed it entirely because I know I have not, but I have decreased the power it held over me from before.

That's something my friends have been telling me to do lately! With all the problems I've been going through, they've been telling me to just repress the thoughts and feelings about it and it would help me deal with these things better. It's just I find it so hard to do so, because it feels like I'd be lying to myself. I've always been one to tackle problems head-first and it's hard to deal with what I'm going through now but it seems as though repressing it would help. It's just so hard for me because I know im repressing it and it feels like im tricking myself. Do you understand what I mean, kind of?

Posted by Dexter

I understand what you mean perfectly. I'm really into this type of stuff. We are on the same page when it comes to such things. I didn't want to repress my feelings at all and I thought it was silly to do so. In many ways, I still do. I would have never done this to myself, but it meant a lot to someone else, so I decided to undergo it for their sake and hope for the best for the both of us. It felt unnatural and wrong to do that to myself. Now that I have done it, I still feel there was wrong in it that may alter the future of me and my connection with that feeling. I'd hate to see that feeling of mine tweaked the wrong way forevermore. That would be detrimental for me and others in my life. Repressing feelings and memories does tend to alter your outlook on them, though, so you have to be careful when it comes to it. There are some feelings that may be too powerful in a negative way and perhaps it is a good idea to weaken them and make them less controlling and significant in your life. You don't want old memories causing trauma in your current life to the point of distressing you and those around you who care about you. It's a tricky, psychological thing that must be approached with extreme caution and guidance.

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting Kamek: That's something my friends have been telling me to do lately! With all the problems I've been going through, they've been telling me to just repress the thoughts and feelings about it and it would help me deal with these things better. It's just I find it so hard to do so, because it feels like I'd be lying to myself. I've always been one to tackle problems head-first and it's hard to deal with what I'm going through now but it seems as though repressing it would help. It's just so hard for me because I know im repressing it and it feels like im tricking myself. Do you understand what I mean, kind of?

See, with most things, it's probably best to not repress your feelings. Actually, I pretty much believe that there's always another way to handle your problems (as repressing the emotions they produce just causes it build up, only making it worse) - but I'm focusing on the stress-causing situations. Now, if you're talking about good emotions that you'd want to repress for one reason or another, the logic behind that would differ completely from the logic of repressing a bad situation. Yeah, it's still a bad thing to repress any emotion, but if your situation only allows you one of two options, with the seemingly "better" option possibly causing a bad reaction, you might want to temporarily repress it (until another opportunity arrises, assuming it will). But as you said that what you're having to deal with is difficult, I'd vote against the repression. With traumatic events and bad experiences, it's hardly ever a good idea to just try to push it out of your mind. The only way to deal with it and get closure is to accept it, figure out how to learn from it and/or realize that it couldn't be helped (for some reason), and move on.

sorry to butt in :(

Posted by Xenos

Quoted post: And about this "I've decided to discard all my emotion" stuff I see from a lot of people...why? I don't understand.

Pride.This whole ordeal of not being emotional is a very big fascade - however, I don't see it in 'a lot of people'. If anything, it's an internet phenomena. Most of the folks I know offline [I hate the term 'real life'], are far from like that. To be honest, I can be quick to think, "Emo." Depending on the circumstances of course. The main reason why I would ever be stoic is because I was raised in such a way that if you cried, no is there to pamper you - you get beaten or slapped. I've grown up with that notion and I doubt it will change.

I guess some recent school of thought for me is:

"I don't deserve to cry."

Posted by Fate

Repression will cause me to spontaneously combust one day. :)

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Xenos: Most of the folks I know offline [I hate the term 'real life']

Agreed. Going online is part of your real life, too.

Crying in the shower (as some people have mentioned) has got to suck. I mean, a hot shower is one of my greatest escapes... sitting in there moping would just ruin it.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Dexter: There are some feelings that may be too powerful in a negative way and perhaps it is a good idea to weaken them and make them less controlling and significant in your life. You don't want old memories causing trauma in your current life to the point of distressing you and those around you who care about you. It's a tricky, psychological thing that must be approached with extreme caution and guidance.

That's what I'm scared of. Repressing these feelings makes me feel like I'm in some way altering my character. I've always been one to learn great things from hardships, but it seems like currently, things are extremely hard to deal with. I know you suggest weakening them, and I've been trying that recently, and it's been helping, but I'm just scared I might be changning myself in the process? If that makes sense.

Quoting Aesthetic: See, with most things, it's probably best to not repress your feelings. Actually, I pretty much believe that there's always another way to handle your problems (as repressing the emotions they produce just causes it build up, only making it worse) - but I'm focusing on the stress-causing situations. Now, if you're talking about good emotions that you'd want to repress for one reason or another, the logic behind that would differ completely from the logic of repressing a bad situation. Yeah, it's still a bad thing to repress any emotion, but if your situation only allows you one of two options, with the seemingly "better" option possibly causing a bad reaction, you might want to temporarily repress it (until another opportunity arrises, assuming it will). But as you said that what you're having to deal with is difficult, I'd vote against the repression. With traumatic events and bad experiences, it's hardly ever a good idea to just try to push it out of your mind. The only way to deal with it and get closure is to accept it, figure out how to learn from it and/or realize that it couldn't be helped (for some reason), and move on.

sorry to butt in :(

Aesthetic, you're not butting in don't make me slice you. :)

But closure is sometimes extremely hard to attain, especially in my situation. It's like these past few months much that I've known has come into question. Ideas of loyalty, friendship, betrayal, black and white, life, love, just everythign in general seems to be swirling in a pot of confusion soup. I know I have learned a lot from this though, and that does help me, but I wish I didn't make certain mistakes in the first place, even though I know I can't take them back. Then there's the feeling that many things aren't my fault, and it's just hard to sort out what truth is in matters like this.

Temporarily repressing it may work, but then it might resurface later on when you least expect it, and that's what I'm scared of.

I wonder if that addage "Time heals all wounds" is true? Anyone have any insight on this?

Posted by Xenos

Something about your GF [if you don't mind my asking]. I remember you seemed happy a few months back.

Posted by Killer Jordo

I don't tend to cry. I can feel sad, or depressed, but I always surpress it. I hate it when I do that, but I have to. I can't shed tears, not in my family. Crying, in my family means your a baby, or a wuss. Sometimes I wan't to cry, to let go of my emotions in crying but I can't. I always have to let my emotions go out of me in rage.

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Xenos: Something about your GF [if you don't mind my asking]. I remember you seemed happy a few months back.

Heh, it's not just about a girl, it's just about everything that seems to be happening at once.I kind of outlined it in that whole list of black and white and loyalty and betrayal bit in my last post. Xenos if you have AIM, we should really talk again, we used to a lot before we lost touch.

I made this thread to see how people deal with stress and hardships coming their way, or at least this thread evolved into that.

It just dawned on me that for about 3 years of my life, it was hard for me to cry at all. It wasn't like I was perpetually sad, but in the rare occasion that something did make me distraught enough to cry, it was almost trapped inside me and mo matter how hard I tried to cry, I couldn't. as anyone ever had that happen?

Posted by Xenos

I have you on my AIM list - but it never said you were on. :X I usually just shrug off my problems - I just could never cry, even if I had to cry, I would make sure no one is around to see it.

Posted by coromoro

I don't cry very often at all. Nothing ever makes me sad enough to cry. :(

Oh, and no, I've never cried without a reason.

Posted by Aesthetic

Quoting Kamek:
Aesthetic, you're not butting in don't make me slice you. :)

But closure is sometimes extremely hard to attain, especially in my situation. It's like these past few months much that I've known has come into question. Ideas of loyalty, friendship, betrayal, black and white, life, love, just everythign in general seems to be swirling in a pot of confusion soup. I know I have learned a lot from this though, and that does help me, but I wish I didn't make certain mistakes in the first place, even though I know I can't take them back. Then there's the feeling that many things aren't my fault, and it's just hard to sort out what truth is in matters like this.

Temporarily repressing it may work, but then it might resurface later on when you least expect it, and that's what I'm scared of.

I wonder if that addage "Time heals all wounds" is true? Anyone have any insight on this?

Oh, I realize that closure can't be attained easily in most situations. For some things, it could take years - but if you repress it, it just takes longer. The sooner you accept what's happened and know that for some reason, it was just meant to happen in your life (as much as you think something could've been altered to make it better or prevent it from happening altogether), the sooner you'll be able to be at peace with it - even if it still takes a long time. My best friend has had a lot of traumatic events in her life, and she repressed them for a very long time - so much so that she had convinced herself that some of those things never even happened (or that they happened differently than they actually did). Because she did that, when her actual memories resurfaced (which is what you say you're afraid of, with good reason), she almost had a mental breakdown with all of the anxiety and stress that the truth caused. She was having nightmares, fainting spells, had developed depression (that probably wouldn't have been as bad if all of those memories hadn't resurfaced so unexpectedly); all because of her past. Repressing it did make it go away temporarily, but there are two disadvantages to that - three, actually: usually, it takes a lot of strength and mindpower to repress emotions and whole memories, it does usually cause you to change your character, if just minorly (because of the repression, she was much more prone to lying about things that she didn't need to - just because she was used to creating different stories to make it easier to deal with), and in the end, it can cause you much more stress than you need.

As difficult as it may be right now, please don't try to repress anything. Even if you think it's helping at the moment, it'll just make it worse for you in the end. Believe me, I've witnessed it (and gone through it) enough to want to prevent it from happening to anyone else I know. And yes, I strongly believe that time heals all wounds. With time comes more experience, maturity and understanding; time to reflect on past events, which in hindsight, gives you the ability to focus on the learning experience of the horrible time rather than the pain it caused you. Just remember that whatever you're going through, as long as you do your best to get through it, it'll make you stronger and wiser in the end.

Edit: And one more thing: never regret anything. The choices you made were for a reason, even if it was to make the mistake for the sole purpose of you learning from it. And no, I'm not trying to be all religious on you. I just know that it's pointless to regret anything, because everything you've done was worth it in your life for one reason or another.

Posted by NEMI

Sometimes I cry without a reason, and I feel so stupid but it's normal in a life of a teenager(for I am one).:dunno:

Posted by Sable Wind

I cry often. Mostly due to stress, though. Then, something incredibly tiny will set me off.

Posted by Klarth

Fiction has never made me cry. Ever.

I'm manic depressive, but I never actually weep when I'm in a downer. I've actually been on a high for the past few months, but there was a whole year of my life filled with nothing but sadness - late 2003 to late 2004 - not the typical teen angst you'll usually get considering my life seemed to be genuinely falling apart at that stage (I was essentially homeless, my parents split up, my mother went... well, that's not for here), but I was overbearingly depressed for a very, very long time and there were a few occasions on which I wept bitterly. Since then I've had spells of rage (MAJORLY so) but I've not cried since January 2004. It took a long time to bring me out of that one.

Posted by Jesse Smith

Um...guys...newsflash, this just in: REAL MEN DON'T CRY!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Quoting Raptor: The occasions in which I've felt like crying are much more frequent..

And you call yourself a real man!!!!! uggggg!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

Da last time I shed tears was....this month!!! Da last time I cried was....many moons ago. Back then I didn't have my manly hood!!!

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

Last time I cried at a movie was when I was a little kid, I cried when Darth Vader was cremated in Return of the Jedi. Rack me.

Nowadays, I really don't cry that often. I'd say I have maybe three times in the past two years.

Posted by Forbidden Toast

I used to do it a lot for no reason, but now it's very rare, but I won't say there arn't times when it happens.

Sometimes I'm just in a sore mood for no reason, it stinks when that happens. Now I find that whenever I'm depressed I can just pop in some sort of shooting computer or console game and let it all out that way. XD

Posted by Delilah

Yes, I have cried for no reason. But I don't let people see me when I cry- only one person has seen me cry in the last four years, and, coincidentally, he was the last person I wanted to see me cry. But that time i had a reason: my friend was dying, and in the hospital, but I could not go to her.

Nowadays, I don't have many reasons to cry. It sucks. My mother thinks I might have depression, and she may be right, but I don't know. Point is, yeah, I do that alot.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

I don't really cry for no reason, I've cried and not known why, but there was a reason, I guarentee it.

As for the last time I cried, it was last week when I was contemplating the death of my best friend and the death of my dog (both at once, my best friend has Cystic Fybrosis, and my dog is old, going blind, and has respiratory infections). I cry here and there, but mostly at **** like that, **** I don't need to think about, don't want to think about, but sometimes do.

Posted by bigmonkey930

dont cry try to take it out with aggression makes you look like less of a sissy
i tear up when im staring at the screen like a retard 4 several hours and when things die but i get over it preety quickly IF YOU EVER CRY OVER YOUR EX YOUR A PUNK*****

Posted by Slade

^ Disagree'd.

On suppressing emotions: I consider it using tact to not cry or flare in rage whenever I feel like it. I usually take a moment to decide if the people around me really need to see me cry(nevar), and I realize that using violence against another person will only make things worse for everyone 99% of the time. I felt like crying just a moment ago, I'm going through a very stressful time(first in... about 5 months). Instead of crying, which just didn't come naturally and seemed a waste of time, I prayed, honestly. I prayed for peace, because life goes on no matter what is happening. I've got things I need to do, and being worried isn't going to help anyone. I've just got to wait in peace. It's funny, because lately I've been thinking about how praying won't do anything for me(it has recently seemed to fail me), but it appears to have helped me a lot today. Also, I let out my emotions through music. Almost any kind of singing makes me feel better, and just listening to music helps me to clarify my thoughts so I can be productive.

Aesthetic got it right about how time heals hurts. Reflection helps me a lot. I don't take life too fast, as in, I always have a long time of calm thinking before taking an action that will change my life. I hate when life is being shot at you 10 rounds a second.

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

The last time I cried was earlier this year. I bought a packet of rubber bands, and the smell reminded me forcibly of my grandfather, who died a few years ago. It was the first time I'd cried for him.

The time before that, I think, was some time before, when a girlfriend crashed her bike, came crying to me, and I made a joke about it. She didn't think it was very funny, stormed off home, and I thought the relationship was dead.

I can't really remember any other times. I haven't really cried, apart from the above two, since I entered puberty.

Posted by junior senior

I felt like crying today for no reason today

but I didn't

Posted by WILLETH FOR MONTHS

Was it because of your
PERIOD?

Posted by Kamek

Quoting Slade:
Instead of crying, which just didn't come naturally and seemed a waste of time, I prayed, honestly. I prayed for peace, because life goes on no matter what is happening. I've got things I need to do, and being worried isn't going to help anyone. I've just got to wait in peace. It's funny, because lately I've been thinking about how praying won't do anything for me(it has recently seemed to fail me), but it appears to have helped me a lot today. Also, I let out my emotions through music. Almost any kind of singing makes me feel better, and just listening to music helps me to clarify my thoughts so I can be productive.

Aesthetic got it right about how time heals hurts. Reflection helps me a lot. I don't take life too fast, as in, I always have a long time of calm thinking before taking an action that will change my life. I hate when life is being shot at you 10 rounds a second.

I hate it when life is being shot at you at 10 rounds a second too.

Music really has helped me a lot through hard times in life. Just a lot of acoustic stuff, some rap, rock, reggae, just calms me down. Lately I find myself liking some songs better because I can relate to them now.

I have never been a religious person at all in my life. I went through a lot earlier, kind of having that "why does *** not like me" kind of attitude, but I can see where that would help.

It's funny, I just got a call yesterday from the person who I feel like I've done a lot of wrong to, and has done a lot of wrong to me, for the first time in ages. It was kind of bittersweet, I hate how things have changed, how perceptions of people can change even though they're not true.

Like you said Slade, when life shoots rounds that fast, sometimes it's hard to deal with. Just gotta deal. Somehow someway. I know it sounds cliche, but it does make us who we are in the end. Because of all the stuff I've been through, I've changed a lot. I'm glad too. I think im a lot happier with myself.

Posted by loathing

as a real man i don't think i've ever participated in this activity.