Barry Bonds Hits Homerun #715.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=AvB9REIvze9qdGnbv.LHY9oRvLYF?slug=ap-bonds-715&prov=ap&type=lgns

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

yaaaaaaaawn

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Come back when he hits 750.

Posted by Ant

Come back when he didn't use steriods to get where he was.

Use a time machine or something.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

I don't like him, it's just obviously big sports news and I was trying to contribute to a slow forum.

If by slow forum you mean slow sports board, it's mostly likely slow because not too many people care about sports.

And it's 715. Seems like a stupid number to get all excited about.

Posted by Dye

715.... i could care less. Once i hit 715 homeruns then it will be a big deal... But meh, i care about a few sports, but not baseball.... way to slow....

Posted by Raptor

Congratulations, Barry!

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Vampiro: If by slow forum you mean slow sports board, it's mostly likely slow because not too many people care about sports.

And it's 715. Seems like a stupid number to get all excited about.

Well, people give more of a shit about the 715 because it moves up ahead of Babe Ruth on the list.

And yeah, slow board. Don't worry, I'm not new. I just haven't been around in so long my other account is inactive.

Quoted post: Well, people give more of a **** about the 715 because it moves up ahead of Babe Ruth on the list.

Meh, it's not so impressive when you look at all the scandals flying around him.

Posted by Big Boss

It's a shame the response to the homerun was so underwhelming, especially when he moved above baseball's most well known player, Babe Ruth. Peter Gammonds was right when he was talking about the stain this era will have for generations to come, because of steroids. Hitters that have been consistently good with the bat will be looked upon with skepticism because, "Who knows? He might be juiced!"

And the truth is nobody knows the reality of the situation. He hasn't been proven guilty, and none of us are in a position to judge, because we'll never have the full scoop on the scandal. Now with Jason Grimsley admitting to have taken different performance-enhancing drugs once the MLB was testing for steroids, and the eventual news that he was asked by the FBI to wear a mic and try to catch Bonds admitting to knowingly taking steroids (seriously, like that would happen), it seems the issue won't go away simply because they just want Bonds to be proven guilty. And people blame him for being paranoid...

Posted by Captain Cleanoff

NOBODY gives a crap about Barry Bonds anymore. That's the problem. If he hits 756 and thus breaks the all time record, nobody will care. I wish ESPN would get tuned into this fact and stop turning Baseball Tonight into "Barry Bonds and the Red Sox tonight".

Posted by

Booyoow That sucka got served barry bonds licks *** crispies!!

Quoting Ant: Come back when he didn't use steriods to get where he was.

Use a time machine or something.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting Vampiro V. Empire: Come back when he hits 750.

Ok.

Posted by Corrupt

He tied the record against my Padres, but I'm honestly glad he didn't surpass Hank in the same series. It's better for him if he does it at home in front of probably the only fans in the national league (aside from Padres fans) that won't exhibit their "affection" for the slugger by throwing plastic syringes onto the field, booing him, and the like. I always got the feeling that he was waiting until he got home to try and break the record, anyway, and I can't blame him. Seeing as the Dodger fans booed him just for walking out on to the field a week or so ago, just imagine what would've happened if he had tied/broken the record there. A lot of people on the Padres message board were really surprised that there weren't any Padres fans that booed him, and now fans from other teams' message boards are coming over and hailing us as a "class act." Ha. Whatever works.

Man, if I try to start another baseball thread, how much you wanna bet it doesn't even last a week :(

Posted by The Hate

O ill take that bet lol

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Yeah, I got $20 on that.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

That's it.

I'm somewhat surprised about the Hank Aaron recorded message, and somewhat not, I suppose...

Posted by The Hate

Yea so Barry hit number 756. Not impressed. A-Rod will beat it within 9 years. Thats if he averages 30 homers a year. 10 years to be safe cause I dont know if Barry wants to go for 800.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dGZ2JQZsF10

he's a p pp pussy

Posted by The Hate

Hes a big stinky p-pussy steroid taking jakass.

Posted by Shade

They should take away his last 200 homers.

Posted by The Hate

Its okay. Everyone outside of San Francisco sill think that Hank is still home run king. That or put the old * by his name.

Posted by Jim Rome

How does someone in a Mets jersey catch that ball? 334 home runs for Bonds since the age of 35.

Posted by Chiaroscuro

Quoting The Hate: Its okay. Everyone outside of San Francisco sill think that Hank is still home run king. That or put the old * by his name.

Yeah, except for those of us who don't care either way because more athletes juice up these days than you could possibly imagine.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

yes, and the defense "everbody else is doing it" isn't at all something I said in 2nd grade.

Posted by The Hate

No one is paying attention to Barry Bonds anymore. Once he gets REALLY close to 800, then people will take notice again.