Any One Like Linkin Park

Posted by The Legend of Me

Im just wandering becous Linkin Park is my faverite band.
[IMG]http://images.oldglory.com/product/017896LPDEc.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

On this board? No. Maybe ~vampire~ but he doesn't count.

Posted by Ant

sigh, so **** stereotypical it hurts.

In any case, yes. I enjoy some of their songs.

Posted by GameMiestro

No. Their songs fall somewhere between the vast realms of hip-hop and metal, which means I have to deal with twice the annoyance.

No Hip Hop in Linkin Park, There Rap, Metal, Punk, you can call them alternative if you like.

Technically, because they use rap AND DJing, it can fall under hip-hop.

Oh, and if anything, they're nu-metal. And everyone knows nu-metal is always terrible. It's a fact. Look it up.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

Linkin Park sucked ever since they changed their band name from Hybrid Theory to Linkin Park. You can either go with that, or the fact that they sucked ever since Mike Shinoda (the asian rapper guy) joined the band.

See, some people think splitting up Chester (vocals) and Shinoda would be great, but unfortunately they have spawned two even more horrendous bands that suck even harder than Linkin Park.

I do admit, I loved them...about four years ago...but nowadays I listen to real music, not ****ty nu-metal and come on, an asian guy stealing music from nigra? Nigra steal music from asian.

Posted by Dye

They are alright, nothing to really complain about. But did they really start out with the name Hybrid Theory? I always thought that was just the name of the album not the group.....

Quoting Dye: They are alright, nothing to really complain about. But did they really start out with the name Hybrid Theory? I always thought that was just the name of the album not the group.....

Well, originally they called themselves Xero, and when Chester officially joined they changed the name to Hybrid Theory (another previous name was Hybrid) and than Chester suggested Lincoln Park because it was a park which he drove past every day on his way to the recording studio (and also there are hundreds of Lincoln Parks, so it'd be easy to identify them everywhere). Eventually they changed the spelling to Linkin Park so they could use it as a domain name.

Sellouts from the start I tell you.

Quoting Ant: sigh, so **** stereotypical it hurts.

In any case, yes. I enjoy some of their songs.

Wich songs do you like?

Posted by Ant

CRAWLINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG IN MY SKIN! THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL! etc

Funny to blast in the car and sing along with others ;)

Posted by Dexter

Quoting CrystalPain: Linkin Park ~~~~ "In The End"
This song has gotten me through so many horrible things in my life, of course I am going to listen to it again

Quoting Pit: I know what you mean. In school these kids put me up against the wall and beat me up and made fun of me and I went home and turned on the radio. I heard the deep lyrics combined with hard rock and metal and the song was beautiful. Whenever I'm feeling down or depressed, I march straight to my room and blast that song, because in the end, it doesn't really matter.

Quoting Hyper: Yeah, my girlfriend dumped me and then told me she had been cheating on me. Then my best friend who I thought I could trust pretty much told everyone my deepest darkest secret. Then my father beat me. Then the kids at school made fun of me for being a beaten, dumped guy. I thought about killing myself and the possibility of shooting everyone in my school that has hurt me, but I decided against it after listening to Linkin Park. They saved my life. I tried too hard, and got so far, but in the end, it didn't even matter. I had to fall to lose it all, but in the end, it didn't even matter. So then I started to slit my wrists but then Linkin Park's positive lyrics made me stop. So they saved my life again.

Moral of the story: Linkin Park are technically proficient and very deep, emotional thinkers and aren't in it to make money at all.

Quoting Raptor: I love Linkin Park.

Quoting CrystalPain: Wow for some reason I had thought that LP was not that well liked around here . It gets so much bad rap at other places for no reason at all. It is good to see that others enjoy the music too...

Yeah, Linkin Park is VGC's favorite band. What's Dream Theater?

Posted by Raptor

Linkin Park actually isn't all that bad, musical or lyrics-wise. It's just so many of the fans that give them such a bad name. "Crawling" is the only song of theirs I really don't like.

I actually find a few "nu-metal" songs fairly decent. :cool:

Posted by Richaod

Used to like them. I guess you could say I've moved on since then, thanks to VGC.

I still like the song Session though; it's a pretty cool, atmospheric instrumental.

Quoted post: Used to like them. I guess you could say I've moved on since then, thanks to VGC.

That's the thing with Linkin Park and the numerous Nu-metat bands. No matter who you are, you should have moved on to bigger and better stuff by now. I've always seen nu-metal as a "stepping stone" and yet, too many people never bother taking the next to until years and years later (if ever). Linkin Park really shouldn't be THIS popular still. I don't even care if they play decent music, it's just a fact. Look it up.

Posted by Raptor

**Listens to Papercut** I've really missed this song. :cool:

Posted by Selkath

i think linkin park is brilliant, my faverote band. I have all there albums which i listen to everyday, Reanimation the most...

Man, you're fifteen. I think you should've realised what musical brilliance is by now.

Posted by Raptor

Quoting Selkath: i think linkin park is brilliant, my faverote band. I have all there albums which i listen to everyday, Reanimation the most...

Reanimation isn't that great, really. Even Meteora is better. Though, nothing can top Hybrid Theory. The brilliance of it is stunning. I am blown away by the depth of the lyrics everytime I listen to it. I'm pretty amazed by how obscure it is relative to their later albums. I really hope you come to your senses and make Hybrid Theory your daily musical indulgence. It's my faverote album of all time.

Linkin Park > Nightwish

Posted by Richaod

Quoting Vampiro: That's the thing with Linkin Park and the numerous Nu-metat bands. No matter who you are, you should have moved on to bigger and better stuff by now. I've always seen nu-metal as a "stepping stone" and yet, too many people never bother taking the next to until years and years later (if ever). Linkin Park really shouldn't be THIS popular still. I don't even care if they play decent music, it's just a fact. Look it up.

Exactly - the main reason I tolerate nu-metal and metalcore is really because it's a decent gateway to the hordes of good metal bands that're out there. People should take a more active approach to music instead of sitting there listening to something as stagnant as generic metalcore. Like Bleeding Through :(

[quote=Vampiro]Man, you're fifteen. I think you should've realised what musical brilliance is by now.
When did you stop liking mallcore and obsessing over Slipknot again? :P

Quoted post: When did you stop liking mallcore and obsessing over Slipknot again? :P

What, what? :( Bands like Slipknot were definitely a catalyst to my current taste in music. But I was about 13/14 when I moved on to bigger and better things. Though I definitely didn't know what musical brilliance was, I knew what is wasn't. Which was my point.

P.S. i still have slipknot in my music library... and I bought their last album :(

Quoted post:
People should take a more active approach to music instead of sitting there listening to something as stagnant as generic metalcore

People have, it's called technical death metal. It's the new "in" metal. Funny thing is, these new bands have completely taken the "technical" out of the genre.

Posted by Selkath

Quoting Raptor: Reanimation isn't that great, really. Even Meteora is better. Though, nothing can top Hybrid Theory. The brilliance of it is stunning. I am blown away by the depth of the lyrics everytime I listen to it. I'm pretty amazed by how obscure it is relative to their later albums. I really hope you come to your senses and make Hybrid Theory your daily musical indulgence. It's my faverote album of all time.

Linkin Park > Nightwish

i love every album and track they have made, i just like Reanimation a little better then the rest...is that so wrong?

Quoting Selkath: i love every album and track they have made, i just like Reanimation a little better then the rest...is that so wrong?

Do you by any chance listen to rap and hip-hop every day?

Reanimation was a worthless piece of garbage Linkin Park made because they were bored. Bored.

Posted by Selkath

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Do you by any chance listen to rap and hip-hop every day?

Reanimation was a worthless piece of garbage Linkin Park made because they were bored. Bored.

hey, do i question your taste in music? no, linkin park is a great band and if you don't like them, don't take it out on me....

Posted by Alastor

I still listen to them occasionally. I didn't like music in general for the longest time, but a friend got me into Linkin Park a few years back. I've got Hybrid Theory and Meteora (both free from other people, since I never pay for my music), but I don't listen to them nearly as much as I used to. If they play while my Winamp is in Shuffle, I'll usually just leave it alone, but I don't go out of my way to play anything by them. I still really enjoy My December and the remix of it if it's late.

Quoting Sean the Wicked: Linkin Park sucked ever since they changed their band name from Hybrid Theory to Linkin Park.

Oh, totally, because we all know that names are what make bands good.

Quoted post: Oh, totally, because we all know that names are what make bands good.

Bands usually change their style when they change their name. So, in a sense, a name could make the band a lot better or a lot worse.

Vampiro said exactly my thoughts, I figured they were easily conveyed by what I said, but apparantly not. Hybrid Theory and Xero were completely different music than what Linkin Park turned out to be.

Posted by Crazy K

I liked them when I was 10. But I got really tired of their music.

Posted by Alastor

Did they actually release anything under Hybrid Theory and Xero? Any EPs or something like that? If so, I'd like to hear some of it.

My faverite Start to a Linkin Park song is "Some time's I, need to remember just to breath, Sometimes I, Need YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM ME!!!

This is one of my fave songs of all time, mossed LP fans love it.

"In The End"

(It starts with)
One thing / I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It’s so unreal
Didn’t look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on / but didn’t even know
Wasted it all just to
Watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I tried
so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
One thing / I don’t know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I’m surprised it got so (far)
Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end
You kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There’s only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

Posted by Alastor

Prime example of normal LP fanbase?

Quoting Alastor: Did they actually release anything under Hybrid Theory and Xero? Any EPs or something like that? If so, I'd like to hear some of it.

Xero (with Mark Wakefield)

"Rhinestone" - "Forgotten" Demo 1
"Reading My Eyes"
"Fuse"
"Stick N' Move" - intro riffs reused for "Runaway"

Hybrid Theory (with Chester Bennington)

"Dedicated" - (later appears on LPU V2.0)
"Crawling" - Demo
"Carousel" Post-EP Demo
"Part Of Me" Post-EP Demo
"The Untitled" - "In The End" Demo
"Points & Authority" - "Points Of Authority" Demo 1
"Points Of Authority" Demo 2
"Super Xero" - "By Myself" Demo 1
"Super Xero" - "By Myself" Demo 2
"Forgotten" Demo 2
"Es

Posted by Alastor

I found Carousel one day on LimeWire, but it was labled as Linkin Park. I figured it was just an unreleased track. I've also got one called Secret, that's labled as unreleased.

Where might I find any of these? Random P2P searches?

This is a bit off topic but can i ask you wich avatar you prefur, the one i have already, or this?
[IMG]http://www.hiphopkinima.com/portal/forum/avatars/Linkin_Park/Linkin_Park_02.gif[/IMG]

The one in your post.

Alastor: Basically, unless there's a torrent of all LP's un/released music (which I wouldn't doubt for a minute). Uhhh...I think their fansite might have even had some at one point.

Ok I changed it ^_^

Quoting The Legend of Me: "In The End"

This is why people think Linkin Park is one of the worst bands in existence.

Posted by Kamek

I liked the beat for "En The End" off Reanimation. Kutmasta Kurt did a crazy job on that one.

I love the Song In the End.

Posted by Selkath

In The End Is great...thats what i listened to the most before i got Reanimation...

Posted by juliebriggs

i used to own LP's hybred theory cd, till i traded it for a rammstein cd. never looked back

Posted by Hyper

Yeah, so they were my favorite band from the time In The End was first on the radio up until December 2005. I make fun of them a lot now, but I don't hate them or anything. You don't hate a band you liked for so long :(

Glad I'm not a fan anymore though. I was so annoying looking back.

Posted by Raptor

So does anyone here who likes Linkin Park like any songs on their first album besides "In the End"?

Posted by Selkath

i like Crawling, thats good...and papercut.

Crawling
Runaway
Points of Authority
Those are good.

Posted by Selkath

i didn't listen to Hybrid Theory's points of authority song that much, the Remix on Reanimation is a lot better and the music video of it is great....

I really like Dont Stay, any one else???

A Place For My Head, Forgotten, Faint, and Hit the Floor.

Posted by Acheron

Linkin Park is probably the best nu-metal band I've ever heard. Now, that's hardly saying much, but they still have quite a few enjoyable songs.

Sean Fury needs to calm the **** down here. He's like the kid who's loved Pokemon all his life and then realizes that since his friends think it's gay now, he has to hate it with a passion. Silly man. In a few years I'm sure he'll put away all this "sellout name change" bull**** and start enjoying 'em again.

Quoting Raptor: So does anyone here who likes Linkin Park like any songs on their first album besides "In the End"?

Papercut, Points of Authority, and Forgotten are my favorites.

Quoting Acheron: Sean Fury needs to calm the **** down here. He's like the kid who's loved Pokemon all his life and then realizes that since his friends think it's gay now, he has to hate it with a passion. Silly man. In a few years I'm sure he'll put away all this "sellout name change" bull**** and start enjoying 'em again.

What are you on about?

I've hated Linkin Park for a long time now, well, ever since I found out what real metal is (by which I mean bands like Children of Bodom, Finntroll, Opeth, 3 Inches of Blood, Kamelot, etc.). Yeah, I like some of their old music, but I never listen to it anymore, and didn't I just name some songs I still like?

Posted by Dexter

Hybrid Theory is definitely my favorite CD of theirs. It would be difficult to choose a favorite song. "In the End," "Crawling," and of course "One Step Close" are heard far too often for me to still enjoy, so I tend to listen to "Pushing Me Away," the bubbly "Runaway," and "Points Of Authority," which is an excellent work out song. "Crawling" was better with the addition of Aaron Lewis. He has one of those depressing voices that I tend to enjoy listening to. I've always liked Break The Cycle.

Posted by Raptor

I'm fairly amazed no one has mentioned "With You" yet. It's one of my favourite songs of theirs.

Posted by Dexter

I like the whistle sound in the background of "With You."

Do you still use yours as a drink coaster? :love:

Posted by Raptor

No, the Nickelback and "awesome Aquabats mix" CD's my cousin gave me for Christmas have been my drink coasters for some time now. Hybrid Theory brings back fond memories of driving around Phoenix late at night trying to find access to the little peaks around the city, so that I could climb to the top of the various radio towers and be far above the city lights. Phoenix could be quite pretty when all you could see were the lights.

Posted by Klarth

LINKIN BIZKIT SUCKS BALLS

Posted by Hyper

Quoting Raptor: No, the Nickelback and "awesome Aquabats mix" CD's my cousin gave me for Christmas have been my drink coasters for some time now. Hybrid Theory brings back fond memories of driving around Phoenix late at night trying to find access to the little peaks around the city, so that I could climb to the top of the various radio towers and be far above the city lights. Phoenix could be quite pretty when all you could see were the lights.

Bah, smog. The lights can be pretty but then you remember how much more pretty the stars are when visible.

Oh, and With You was my favorite song off that CD when I liked them.

Posted by Selkath

Pts.Of.Athrty is my faverote...i love that song, goes well with video games.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Vampiro: On this board? No. Maybe ~vampire~ but he doesn't count.

lol I haven't listened to them in a while! My fav band is now chemical brothers. I'm on my techno period lol

Posted by Raptor

All right, until you learn to stop opening and closing posts with "lol," stop listening to the same 'bands' I do.

Posted by Xero

Quoting Raptor: All right, until you learn to stop opening and closing posts with "lol," stop listening to the same 'bands' I do.

You listen to chemical brothers too? Cool! whats your fav song? Mine is...the private psychedelic reel.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

The Musical Evolution of Me:

Linkin Park -> Slipknot -> Cradle of Filth -> Bloodbath, Naglfar, Opeth :D

Posted by Hyper

Quoting SapphireRose: The Musical Evolution of Me:

Linkin Park -> Slipknot -> Cradle of Filth -> Bloodbath, Naglfar, Opeth :D

Linkin Park -> John Petrucci/Dream Theater -> everything else

:D

Whatever my sister listened to -> Slipknot -> Cradle of Filth, Dimmu, Naglfar -> Darkthrone, Bathory, Buzum -> Everything else.

More or less.

Posted by Raptor

Matchbox 20 -> Garbage -> Dream Theater -> Opeth -> Linkin Park > Assemblage23

Quoting Flame ghost: You listen to chemical brothers too? Cool! whats your fav song? Mine is...the private psychedelic reel.

There's no reason to be amazed. They are a fairly mainstream group, and are actually one of those groups that initially got me into techno, along with Daft Punk,The Prodigy, and Orbital. "Setting Sun" used to be my favourite song of theirs, but now it's probably "Out of Control."

Posted by Xero

Quoting Raptor:
There's no reason to be amazed. They are a fairly mainstream group, and are actually one of those groups that initially got me into techno, along with Daft Punk,The Prodigy, and Orbital. "Setting Sun" used to be my favourite song of theirs, but now it's probably "Out of Control."

Shaweet :D They are also the one that got me into techno. I wanted to buy a random CD and this is the one I took. I enjoyed it and now I almost have all their records. I'll soon go buy Push the button and I'll have it all. I also like leftfield. Setting sun is a good song. I'd put it in 3rd place. 2nd place is lost in the K-hole. Out of control is ok, but when they start "singing" it annoys me.