San Diego folks.

Posted by Xenos

What are some nice places to visit around the city? I might be down there in the middle of June.

Posted by Ant

I suggest Corrupt's place. All VGC members who make there way thru San Diego must make homage to him.

Posted by Xenos

Can't visit any individual VGCers - going with a 'group.'

Posted by Raptor

They have a really nifty pier!

Posted by Arwon

Um, Point Loma's a good spot with really awesome views over the bay and the city, but I think they charge you to get into it. Ocean Beach is cool though. Balboa Park's massive and has lots of cool stuff there. Hillcrest is probably the most cultured part of the city, lots of good record stores and food places and stuff.

Uh, yeah those are the main "visiting the city and looking at things" type places.

Posted by Corrupt

Yeah, I live in Ocean Beach, and I'd have to say it's one of the best areas in the city (all bias aside). Everything that Arwon mentioned is definitely worth checking out, and I'm also going to add La Jolla and the downtown area to that list. If you can be arsed to go any further up the coast, then Torrey Pines and Del Mar are two must-see areas. Absolutely beautiful.

Oh yeah, and about the pier... the Ocean Beach pier is the longest on the west coast. I know it's not too big of a thing to pride ourselves on, but it actually is really nice; there's even a café at the very end that has great food. Going down there and watching the sunset over a cup of hot chocolate is always nice.

And I sure hope for you that you don't have to visit many of the inland areas, as most of them are complete ****. Anywhere east of Clairemont, in my opinion, isn't worth visiting. I hope that gave you kind of an idea of what'll be in store, and I also hope you enjoy your stay here. Hell, we might even bump into each other at some point.

Posted by Arwon

Haha, no love for 'Nado?

Posted by Corrupt

Quoting Arwon: Haha, no love for 'Nado?

Y'know, it's kinda funny that you mention that, because it did cross my mind. But the thing is, even though I've lived in this city my entire life, I've only been down to Coronado once or twice in my lifetime. :( I don't remember too much of it, though. I'd definitely love to visit that area again.

Posted by Xenos

Hah, I've been to San Diego once a few years back - sadly to say, my trip wasn't very long so I didn't even get a chance to visit the best parts of the city. The last time I went, as far as I can remember, I went to the San Diego Zoo, which was the largest zoo I had ever been in before [compared to NoCal]. There was probably more ... but it eludes me for the time being.