Star Fox Comming to the Nintendo Wii?

Posted by ehdmi

On GameFront, it is stated that in the latest issue of Famitsu Magazine (the biggest video game Magazine in Japan) has in interview with the one and only Shigeru Miyamoto. In this interview Shigeru Miyamoto says that "a new experience would be brought to Starfox with the Wii control system". Maybe the experience will be some what like the air plane mini game featured in the Wiimote trailer. I'm looking forward to it, how about you?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Seems like a pretty obvious move. As long as they don't **** it up with ground-based missions like the past two games, I'll be happy.

Posted by Speedfreak

Past two? There's only been 3 total, and the Landmaster stages in Lylat Wars were fun.

Quoted post: Past two? There's only been 3 total, and the Landmaster stages in Lylat Wars were fun.

Assault and I counted Adventures in that.

Posted by Speedfreak

Adventures is NOT a Starfox game.

It has Starfox in the name and features the same characters. That's Starfox enough for me. :)

Even if it supposedly started out as an n64 game with no connection to SF whatsoever... I don't really care.

Posted by Speedfreak

SHUT UP. STOP TALKING ABOUT THAT BASTARD CHILD OF A GAME.

Posted by Ant

The game itself was decent I thought. It's not classic starfox style granted, seemed kinda like a starfox rip of OoT.

IN ANY CASE, I wouldn't be surprised if Starfox made it's way to Wii. Big Nintendo title, so it'll probably come along in the 2nd year of it's life.

Posted by Linko_16

Adventures was worth a play. A play. On a rental. And I didn't really like Assault that much at all. Even so, news of another one has me excited. I still have faith that they can outdo Star Fox 64.

Man, I just realized... Fox and Falco in Smash Brothers are probably going to have their awful Assault outfits, aren't they?

Posted by Dexter

Star Fox Adventures was a terrific game. I enjoyed it much more than Assault and in many ways it has become my favorite Star Fox game. Assault was terribly disappointing. I was done with the adventure so fast and I didn't even feel like bumping up the difficulty and continuing. Maybe I will someday though. I own it because I know I'll get in moods where I'd feel like spending some time with it. What I liked best about the game was the actual characters. They made the entire adventure worth it.

I was expecting a new Wii Star Fox game. If Rare was behind it, I would've liked another ground adventure game, but any other way, I'd want to be in the air. Also, the Wii controller will make an air adventure more appealing.

Posted by Speedfreak

The only other person I know that liked SFA has never played Ocarina of Time and is gay. Consider that.

Posted by NightmareBassX

Oh, Then he'd LOVE Ocarina of Time.

[URL="http://www.gamespot.com/news/6151905.html"]Consider this.[/URL]

Posted by Speedfreak

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. He's a Nintendo fan that missed out on Nintendo's 3 best home consoles: NES, SNES and N64. I find that really odd.

Posted by Dexter

Star Fox Adventures was a gorgeous game. The graphics really amazed me. Good lighting effects and textures. The actual game play was enjoyable, too. Also, we started out playing as Krystal, which was certainly a splendid start. Star Fox Adventures was different from the series and it brought the Star Fox games into a new direction that I was actually hoping would happen back with Star Fox 64. True, it was not without faults, but it was a decent adventure that lasted a long time. The game felt like a mixture of Star Fox and Zelda and the outcome suited me really well.

Posted by Burrito

It sounds like he's talking about how the Wii controller could change the gameplay of the inevitable Starfox game that is probably going to come out some time in the future. So, he isn't exactly confirming it.

Quoted post: The only other person I know that liked SFA has never played Ocarina of Time and is gay. Consider that.

I liked SFA and OoT, and as far as I know, I'm not gay. People probably wouldn't have hated it so much if Fox wasn't involved.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Dexter: Star Fox Adventures was a gorgeous game. The graphics really amazed me. Good lighting effects and textures. The actual game play was enjoyable, too. Also, we started out playing as Krystal, which was certainly a splendid start. Star Fox Adventures was different from the series and it brought the Star Fox games into a new direction that I was actually hoping would happen back with Star Fox 64. True, it was not without faults, but it was a decent adventure that lasted a long time. The game felt like a mixture of Star Fox and Zelda and the outcome suited me really well.

I love it when you kid around.

Starfox Adventures a good game. lol

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting Linko_16: Adventures was worth a play. A play. On a rental.

I suppose I must eat my words. I saw a used copy today for eight bucks, and figured the price was right.

Posted by Dexter

You won't be sorry. The cover art and inner poster alone is worth the 8 dollars.

Posted by Linko_16

I've played the game before. If I was going to end up being sorry, I probably already would be.

Posted by s0ul

I'm not sure they can redeem this series. Adventures was fun, but not good by any means. Then they made Assault. The censors would have a hard time keeping up if I say anything else about Assault, so I'm just going to stop.