The War Board

Posted by Speedfreak

Okay I'm getting pretty bored of most the topics in the War Board being about the war. If not that then it's something closely related to economics or politics.

I figure this happens because people assume that there's an entire board devoted to talk about the war purely because of the name, so I propose we change it to the "Debate" board.
Maybe then we'll get some debate that more members are actually interested in and we can stop this annoying flood of "lets talk about our fascinating lives" threads.

There are actually some rather interesting things to talk about, believe it or not.

Posted by GameMiestro

All those interesting things that you're referring to already have seperate boards. We need it like it is to let the noobies know that if they want to post long, pointless stories about their relatives involvement in war, that is where they should go.

Also, there's only one war-based thread made recently, and you seem to enjoy ranting about it as much as everyone else, so don't complain.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: All those interesting things that you're referring to already have seperate boards.

No, the community board is about the community and off-topic is for discussing things that are off-topic from everything else. A debate board would be just for debating.

So I'm all for the name change.

Posted by Fate

I think I suggested this a while back, long before I became a mod. I even posted an announcement stating that news links about the war go to OT unless they spark continuous debate (such as gay rights or animal testing). Nothing was done, and people like Bj keep posting news links about the war in the War Board.

aggravating

Posted by Linko_16

I do indeed remember this suggestion on more than one occasion. The reason nothing happened, I believe, was simply that Jesse was too attached to the name to honor the request. I do agree, though, that a name change is in the board's best interest.