Ebay Master Swords...

Posted by Prince Shondronai

Lately there's been a steady flow of them on ebay. I wonder who started the trend...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=475&item=6515639796&rd=1

I'd like to fight someone with one of these using my own sword, to see how long it would take before this cheap imitation snapped like a frozen PB Twix bar before the awesome might of my blade. Here's mine, for those who've forgotten:

Posted by Prince Redon

Actually you could be easily defeated, with the cheap imitation blade still in contact, as long as the blades never meet.:cool:

Where did you buy your sword, if I may ask, and how much did it cost?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

God that's awesome. Speaking of cool Master swords, didn't Dex make one? I remember it looking really good...

Posted by Night Owl

wow, i gotta get me one!

Posted by Bubblez

That looks awesome!! I dont' care if it stands a chance against a real sword because it is awesome decoration material.

I'm fairly confident in my abilities, Redon. My sword weighs a hefty 14 pounds, but I'm pretty quick with it, now. None shall pass.

Rob, the fantastic blacksmith of http://www.castlekeep.co.uk/ made my sword for about $3300 US. Worth every penny.

Posted by Night Owl

A little to much money for me to spend but, still very cool

Posted by Poco

14 POUNDS? Holy crap, you must be good. I've got to sharpen up mine, and I'll duel you.

Posted by loony636

$3300 is a lot of money. Where did you get that much money? And why didn't you buy an iPod or iRiver or something like that? I really don't see why you would buy a 14 pound sword for $3300. What do you do use it for?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoting loony636: $3300 is a lot of money. Where did you get that much money? And why didn't you buy an iPod or iRiver or something like that? I really don't see why you would buy a 14 pound sword for $3300. What do you do use it for?

It's like saying "why did you buy that incredibly expensive painting".

Need I go on any further?

Posted by Jezex

sharpened kit rae swords and Ninja 3000 swords are awesome... if i didnt covet and fear for my life id duel u lol.

Oh yeah and plz DO go further :P

Posted by maian

Those ones on Ebay suck. They don't even look like the Master Sword. I'll say it once, and I'll say it again. Coarse's [er, shondronai's] is awesome. It's pretty much the same exact blade. By the way, if you think the Master Sword is blue, the one in LTTP is tan, so you can still call that a true Master sword. :cool:

Posted by Jezex

Ummm u just contradicted urself

Posted by maian

....Right. And how do you figure this?

Posted by Jezex

Shondronai... how much in depth can the black smith go detail wise? as in like the horde symbol from WOW... could he like carve the outline of the Horde tabard? and does he do daggers and longswords or just 2 handers? wait ill just check the website myself... prolly something under the $3k line

Posted by Jezex

Bollucks our school server blocks weapon sites... GAY

Posted by Boner

Nice blade. While mine is not as attractive or expensive, I may have the reach advantage on you. My blade measures 38 1/4" and is 1 7/8" wide at the base. 50" overall without the counterweight. It's sharp, and I am quite fast with it. I'm not sure about the weight, but I'd venture to guess it's about 10 lbs or so.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/bc2412/PICT0034.jpg[/IMG]

Posted by Jezex

quite fast yes, but being a fast blade and his being a doubble handed pure steel alloy with a soft-leather grip... one parry and ure sword is shards m8

Indeed. That, and most people aren't used to fighting a man wielding a sword left-handed. All moves come from the opposite direction expected.