Reggie promoted to president of Nintendo!

Posted by Klarth

...of America!

[quote]Today, Reggie Fils-Aime was promoted to the position of President at Nintendo of America. He is the third person to be in that role in the history of Nintendo of America. Although he is now President, he will continue to oversee the Sales and Marketing division at Nintendo. The old president, Tatsumi Kimishima, has been promoted to Chairman and CEO. He took over the presidency when Minoru Arakawa retired in 2002. Along with Reggie and Kimishima, Mike Fukuda has been promoted from Senior Vice President of Business Development to Executive Vice President of Business Development.

Hope Reggie enjoys his new role! He's definitely going to be in the public eye a lot more than Kimishima was!
http://wii.qj.net/Reggie-for-President-/pg/49/aid/45886#comments

Posted by Steve Urkel

hhmm... I am not sure what to think of this. i always thought reggie was kinda weird. I guess though if it's swell with Vampiro, it's swell with me!

Posted by GameMiestro

Woah.

Not sure what to think either. He definitely deserves this, but I didn't even consider him moving up from where he was...

Posted by TendoAddict

Good For him, I think he can do good for the company in a higher postion. I just hope I see him at E3 still.

Posted by GameMiestro

He's taking names... :(

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

I can't see him being a good president, personally.

Posted by TendoAddict

Im not sure why all you people are shacky about Reggie as president.

From what I see he's a strait foward person who works well with people. Those are some traits that are great for a president of a company.

But I guess only time will tell.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

It's just a figurehead position, anyway. We all know Yamauchi is pulling the strings from behind the scenes, no matter what country those strings are attatched to.

Yeah, which is about the only thing I could see him doing. He's a good spokesperson, so as long as he just puts on a good show and doesn't control anything then it's all good.

Posted by Prince Shondronai

If you think about it, Nintendo is in the perfect position to have a leader like Yamauchi. Not only is he a ruthless, bloodthirsty tyrant, but Nintendo has the technology to rebuild him when he dies into an undying, unstoppable killing machine.

Posted by GameMiestro

[quote=Prince Shondronai] Not only is he a ruthless, bloodthirsty tyrant, but Nintendo has the technology to rebuild him when he dies into an undying, unstoppable killing machine.

With a motion detector, of course.

Posted by Bebop

Not sure what to think really. It seems it's more of a move to use his reputation for the better of the company. Going from his orignal place to president is a big step and also a big difference. At the end of the day the strings are going to be pulled by people higher up.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Do any of us actually know of Reggie's talents outwith spokesmanship? For all we know, he could be a kicka[COLOR="Silver"]ss[/COLOR] president - even if it is just a figurehead role.

We've seen him on stage. That right there is enough.

Posted by Linko_16

[quote]Reggie Fils-Aime

... Doesn't that mean "likes boys?"

In all seriousnes, though, good for him. I'm sure he'll do an okay job.

Posted by XboxGrid

Long live my main man REG!