X-Men 3

Posted by maian

Anyone seeing this? I'm seeing the premiere tonight. I'm sure I'll love it. The first was good, I loved the second one, and I think it'll be interesting to see the rest of the story. Thoughts?

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

New director, too many characters... it's going to blow. Well, compared to X2 anyways. I'm sure it'll be a fun movie, but chances are it's going to be pretty lame.

Posted by Last Fog

Superhero movies are lame.

Posted by Sapphire Rose

Well, I just got back from the first showing of this movie, and I am both awestruck and let down at the same time.

For those of you who never read the comics, yet love the movies, I will say one thing. YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE! The story up to a good end, the action was top notch (ZOMG BEAST!), and the special effects were great.

And for those of us who have been geeks our entire lives, it was a good movie, BUT WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO THE STORY?!?!?! I will not say any specifics, but they did some things that are unforgivable in my eyes.

I cannot go into any further detail about the movie until someone strikes up a discussion about it somewhere. Either way, go see it, it's worth the money.

http://www.vgchat.com/showthread.php?t=13939

Hoping to see it tomorrow. But what you've said is pretty much what I've been hearing. Which is a shame since X2 was so great.

Posted by maian

Well, I loved it. A lot.

Yes, I'm one of those people who don't read the comics but have seen the movies. The story fascinated me. Much better then X2, in my opinion. It was surprising to see how many key mutants died/lost their powers, but I guess it had to happen for the story.

Yeah, I saw the premiere.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, I went and saw the midnight showing too. Absolutely loved the movie, a lot better than X-2. I was also suprised to see so many of them die in the movie.

Is their supposed to be a fourth?

Posted by Alastor

[Quote=Axis]Is their supposed to be a fourth?

I don't think so. Then again, I haven't seen any of them yet, so I don't know if X-3 ends as a cliffhanger, or whatever. From what I've seen of the commercials, X-3 looks to be a finale, which makes sense, since you'd have a Trilogy by ending it here.

There was something known as X-1.5, but I don't know anything about that. I've seen it while roaming around the local Blockbuster, and that's it. I'm pretty sure it's just an extended/collector's edition of the first film, which still leaves you with a Trilogy.

Posted by Dexter

I'll see it if a group of friends go to it and I happen to go along. It's not something I'd pull myself to see. I'll definitely see it eventually, but most likely on DVD. I saw the previous two and for some reason they were not that memorable for me. I'm a little interested in seeing where this directer takes it.

Posted by nich

Quoting SapphireRose: Well, I just got back from the first showing of this movie, and I am both awestruck and let down at the same time.

For those of you who never read the comics, yet love the movies, I will say one thing. YOU MUST SEE THIS MOVIE! The story up to a good end, the action was top notch (ZOMG BEAST!), and the special effects were great.

And for those of us who have been geeks our entire lives, it was a good movie, BUT WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO THE STORY?!?!?! I will not say any specifics, but they did some things that are unforgivable in my eyes.

I cannot go into any further detail about the movie until someone strikes up a discussion about it somewhere. Either way, go see it, it's worth the money.

I agree with this and also, for the love of pete do not leave when the credits start rolling. I went and saw it today with like the whole school as a field trip and I thought I'd beat the mad rush for the washrooms. When my other friends got out they informed me of that I missed something important, so yeah, theres a scene at the end of the credits that you really should see.

Posted by maian

Yeah, I saw the credit thing. =p Not intentionally, we were just still talking when the scene came on.

In my opionion, it didn't look like there'd be a sequel at all, until I saw that scene in the credits. Now something just tells me they're making another. It was perfect sequel setup.

Posted by nich

Agreed, but I don't think they should. They've made far too many comic book movies as it is, they should quit while they're ahead.

Posted by Crazy K

Ill definitely have to see it, I doubt ill see it in theaters, but most definitely a rental. But it does kinda look good. I thought X2 was horrible, I just did not get into it as I did to X-Men, hopefully X3 is much better then the second.

[Quote=maian]Now something just tells me they're making another. It was perfect sequel setup.

Well there is going to be a Wolverine and Magneto movie, so maybe thats were it leads off.

Quoted post: Is their supposed to be a fourth?

"The Last Stand". Nope, it's supposedly the final.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Saw it last night. It was amazing. There some plot points that I thought were glazed over a bit, but overall it was a great handling of the storyline.

I cant really say too much (lol spoilers) but suffice it to say that if you know the storyline with Pheonix, you'll know whats going on and a fair deal of what to expect. If you dont, they still do a decent job of letting you know whats going on, but you wont get it as much as someone who has read about it.

spoilers:
[spoiler]Scott dies
Jean dies (again)
xavier dies
I'm the juggernaut, *****[/spoiler]

One more note: after the movie, stick around. There is about 10 seconds of film after the last credits role, and its quite possible the msot important 10 seconds in the whole film.

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

Triple thread get!

[COLOR="DimGray"]Professor X [/COLOR]isn't dead.

;)

Posted by Dog

i saw it last night too. i wasn't paying attention though. and i didn't see the ten seconds of the movie after the credits:(.i think the best part is when the blue chick gets shot with the dart, then loses her powers and is lying on the floor naked.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting The X: Triple thread get!

[COLOR="DimGray"]Professor X [/COLOR]isn't dead.

;)

SPOILERS LOL
[spoiler]His body was torn apart by Pheonix, so the professor as he was known is dead. Yes, his mind got put into another body, but the point stands that he got killed.[/spoiler]

Also, I didnt see any other thread.:/ Merge get.

Posted by Lord of Spam

I dont really think you can get mad at the movie for the way it handled the characters. There are so many spinoffs, different dimensions and "what ifs" in the xmen universe that this, to me, is just another interesting view on the way things could have happened. Very well done.

Posted by Dog

i saw it last night too. i wasn't paying attention though. and i didn't see the ten seconds of the movie after the credits:(.i think the best part is when the blue chick gets shot with the dart, then loses her powers and is lying on the floor naked.

Posted by Lord of Spam

DUR DUR DUR NAKED CHIX ARE TEH ROX LOLOLOL

Fail, gtfo, etc.

The best part was either "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH!" or the part where the spiky dude was holding the lab assitant chick as Warren's dad was being carried away. "Shhhh, it'll all be okay" [spoiler]*spikes*[/spoiler]

Posted by Dog

yeah, that too. and when the juggernaut had to pee. and when the other guy shot those spiky penises at wolvarine.

Posted by Echo

Saw the movie at midnight and loved it. I knew about the scene after the credits but totally forgot about it until I was half way home. When the realization hit me I yelled "F*CK!!!" very loud, although I was the only person in the car. But with minimal searcing on the internet I read about it, and will probably see the movie again anyway with more friends.

Like I said, I loved the movie. I really wish Angel was in it more, but I'm glad Kitty got more time (especially the whole scene with Juggernaut. That was great.) As LoS said, because of the number of alternate Marvel universes, you can't really complain too much about it not sticking to the story 100%. However, I still hope that *spoiler*[spoiler] the cure is temporary, because Rogue shouldn't be cured. I think that's what the final (excluding post-credits) scene was implying, anyway.[/spoiler] */spoiler*

And concerning another movie, the first three were always planned as a trilogy. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean they won't stop making X-men movies. If this one does really well, they will make more. This was just the end of this set of characters/relationships/etc. Or at least that's what I've heard. Don't know if that means we won't see much or any of the characters in the last three movies if they make a fourth or if they're keeping the same characters and just moving onto a different part of their lives or what. I guess only time will tell.

Posted by Sean the Wicked

They already said there's going to be more, this is going to be far from the last one, just like the Spider-Man movies will have multiple ones. They aren't going to be triologies when they can go on forever with how many comic books there are. And I mean, come on, Gambit hasn't even be introduced yet.

Posted by Stalolin

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, *****!"

best part of movie.

*SPOILARS BELOW*
[spoiler]Though now I think Xavier is in the body of a big black guy. =( AND ABLE TO WALK WHAT THE ****.[/spoiler]

Posted by Fate

The X-Men movies were good in their own right, although I sensed a merger of the Ultimate series and the classic series. I'm just going to look at this particular movie series as a "What If" title. There have been plenty of "What If"s in comic book movies (like in Spider-Man where Gwen Stacey doesn't even exist, or in X3 where [INSERT SPOILER], or the Ultimate series in general), and X3 does, I think, a good job as a "What If".

Posted by Lord of Spam

I just realized that this movie had a 100% Nightcrawler deficiency. This is unacceptable. Anger.:mad:

Posted by Axis

Did you see the real ending after the credits? The people in the theater shoed us off right as the credits began.

Posted by Axis

Yeah, I noticed that. Does anybody want to tell me what the scene after the credits is? I don't feel like going back to see it due to my lack of funds.

Posted by Roxas23857

X-men 3 had so much potential but they just let it slide. I think the gayest scene was with the pond and Kitty and Iceman that was so gay! But all in all it was ok I just wish they would have waited for their old directer and not have got all who cares lets just do it. But whatever. I still liked it a lot.

Posted by maian

ya that scene was gay lol

...>_>

You want to after credit scene? Here it is.

[spoiler]It shows a doctor, over that man that has a body, but no conciousness. It doesn't show the man's face, but you hear Xavier's voice say something, and the doctor is all like "wtf charles?"[/spoiler]

:cool:

Posted by Fate

IT'S MOIRA MCTAGGART.

Posted by Axis

Haha, ok cool. Thanks, maian.

Posted by Roxas23857

Wow I missed that dang it! That changes everything...so who thinks there might be another one because Magneto starts moving that chess piece.

Posted by Mystic Hero

Quoting Lord of Spam: DUR DUR DUR NAKED CHIX ARE TEH ROX LOLOLOL

Fail, gtfo, etc.

The best part was either "I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BIT

You know they got that quote from "The Juggernaut Bi*ch" clip off of google. Made me laugh like hell when I heard them use that line.

Quoted post: The X-Men movies were good in their own right, although I sensed a merger of the Ultimate series and the classic series.

They actually took from quite a few different X-Men books, like "astonishing X-Men", "Ultimate" and "new."

Quoted post:
I just realized that this movie had a 100% Nightcrawler deficiency. This is unacceptable. Anger.

zomg you gotta liek play the game to find out why.

Posted by Lord of Spam

Quoting Vampiro: zomg you gotta liek play the game to find out why.

**** you. **** you right in the ***. Hows that for playing a game?

Posted by Bebop

Underneath the awful dialouge, bad casting, rapeing of the comics stories and lack of characer x-ploration (gettit?) and depth on significent characters to the X-Men universe like Juggeranut, it was a decent action film and the only one of the 3 I've seen.

As for the "I'm the juggeranut *****" thing, I'm taking it most of you don't know who the unsuitable cockney was that played him, and in an embarrasing way I might add. That is Vinnie Jones. A football (soccer) player turned 'actor' who stars in mostly London (capital of England) set gangter (gangsta) films. The choice of him was shocking and also reflected in his cringe worthy performance.

Other bad points: The destrcution of Magneto's character. One minute Magneto is head over heels at the idea of Phoneix killing but when she does he supposadly comes to his senses, displaying this change in thought through a bizzare tone of voice "What.....have.....I....done". Disgusting.

Considering the 12A rating it received for UK, I'm amazed it wasn't a 15 with the sexual scene and the genocide of no fewer than 66 million characters.

I could go into more detail but I've got work tomorrow.

I just saw it and this is what I have to say:

[spoiler]I'm pretty sure most X-Men fans are aware of Decimation, right? Well, if you aren't, this was the crossover series in which the Scarlet Witch stripped thousands of mutants of their powers. My theory is that Ratner and his team decided they liked those ideas and attempted to apply it to the storyline.

See, I knew once I heard about the cure being used from a mutant that it wouldn't work, because I remember something similar happening in the comics with Rogue and Gambit. See, the cure works...but eventually it's power weakens and weakens, and the mutant who had it used on them get their powers back, as shown with Magneto. Obviously, Xavier isn't dead, and more than likely Jean and Scott aren't either.

From everything I can remember, all Ratner has been doing is scouring over old storylines and arcs, raping them for the good parts and trying to put them together in a single movie. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the next movie returned all the dead characters, gave the depowered mutants their powers back, and brought out Apocalypse (for further evidence this might be done, play X2: Wolverine's Revenge and X-Men Legends and X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse). [/spoiler]

EDIT: [spoiler]I just remembered an arc from the cartoon. Somehow Wolverine got into the future and met some black X-Man guy and than they came back to find the Sentinels going around and ruling everything. Forgive me, it's been years since I saw it so my memory isn't exact. So, another idea I had was that the next movie involves that same arc somehow, and Wolverine and that guy go back in time before X-Men: The Last Stand and stop Jean Grey from becoming Dark Phoenix/do something else.[/spoiler]

Posted by Arcadios

well I saw it but to me it seemed way too short. It felt like a half hour went by.

Posted by KoH

I saw it and got thoroughly ****ed off by it. Story sucked, acting sucked, Kelsey Grammar as the beast sucked (although I still laughed my *** off at him), and then there's the matter of... WHERE THE **** WAS NIGHTCRAWLER?! I admit, it was good not seeing that annoying **** who played him in X2 again, but you can't just get rid of his character.

I thought Angel was hilarious too because he was a completely useless character. Plus the way he ran out of the building through the window I found to be the funniest **** thing I've ever seen.

This post is sort of a pointless ranting, but hey, I was ****ed. I mean... jesus, it's like x-men turned out to be something that the average jerk-off teen can think of.

Btw... if anyone can remember... oh wait

SPOILER

In the ending fight... who remembers when Beast (Frasier) jumps off the building doing that flying jump kick? Can anyone tell me that that was one of the funniest and most pathetic attempts to be cool ever? I honestly thought it was hilarious. :p

In the end, I'd give the movie... mmm... a 4/10. :) I truly hated that movie.

Posted by Bj Blaskowitz

I didn't like it either. Nightcrawler ruled, btw. Why does everyone hate him from x2??

Quoting Bj Blaskowitz: I didn't like it either. Nightcrawler ruled, btw. Why does everyone hate him from x2??

Because everyone hates his actor. Nightcrawler was awesome, if he wasn't a good guy he would kick some major ***.

Posted by Wally The Weird

Well, I can't say I hated the plot, because that would imply there was one.
However, I did like the mindless violence, and Juggernaut cursing out Kitty Pride was just BEAUTIFUL in my opinion.
Oh, and Ice man doing the iceman thing and transforming was kewl.

My dad owned a comic book shop so I know WAY more then I really should :P and I think that the first version of the Phoenix story was better.

And I miss Nightcrawler *******it!
BAMF!

Oh, and the new comics have apparently gotten out of hand.
Overall, I'd say the action was good, the plot was thin, and the cameos, like Beast saying "All my stars and Garters" were beautiful.

But thats just me.
How many lines did Collosus have? 3 words?

Posted by Killer Jordo

I was a bit dissapointed too. I expected it to be ALOT more interesting. But it came out to be OK.

*SPOLER SECTION HIGHLIGHT THE WORDS TO READ THE SPOILERS!*
Start[COLOR="DimGray"]Janie dies, Xavier dies, Magneto loses his power, Scott dies.[/COLOR]End

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Quoting Killer Jordo: I was a bit dissapointed too. I expected it to be ALOT more interesting. But it came out to be OK.

*SPOLER SECTION HIGHLIGHT THE WORDS TO READ THE SPOILERS!*
Start[COLOR="DimGray"]Janie dies, Xavier dies, Magneto loses his power, Scott dies.[/COLOR]End

Spoiler for those not in the loop

Jean comes back, Cyclops was never dead, Xavier transfers his mind to that guy in the coma, and the "Cure" is only capable of "suppressing" the X gene, and all mutants hit with it will recover thier powers, just like when they encounter and then stay away from leech long enough.

BISCH

:)

Posted by Xenos

**** you KJ.

And I might see this movie ... depending on whether or not my girlfriend would perfer The Da Vinci code over this.

Posted by PWND_U_IN_MK

Quoting Xenos: **** you KJ.

And I might see this movie ... depending on whether or not my girlfriend would perfer The Da Vinci code over this.

dude if your girlfriend wants to see the Da Vinci code over xmen, and there is no theater head involded, dump the booch.

Posted by Linko_16

Quoting PWND_U_IN_MK: dude if your girlfriend wants to see the Da Vinci code over xmen, and there is no theater head involded, dump the booch.

Pff, hardly. Da Vinci code (though better as a book) was enormously superior to X-Men.

Yeah, I didn't like this movie at all. I couldn't believe how awful they did after making two fantastic movies already. You should breeze over this entire post if you don't want things spoiled for you, because it's more or less only directed at anyone who has actually seen it. Copy pasta'd from my livejournal:

First, there were all the inaccuracies. Some stuff, like the Phoenix actually turning out evil, was acceptable enough; they do have to create somewhat different scenarios from the comics to make it interesting. But there are some details that would have been so easy to include, things that they just forgot about completely... Colossus, for instance, not being Russian (he only had, like, one line, probably to keep people from noticing), and how Professor X wheels right past his titan of a half-brother without noticing who it is. I don't even follow X-Men that closely, and I can already pick out a bunch of screw-ups.

I also couldn't believe how bad the plot was. The premise was fantastic; I don't know if the comics ever had any story about a "Cure," but I thought it was a fantastic idea. I'd never have guessed they'd handle it so badly. They didn't do anything with it. Nothing happened. It was just "Hey, here are the humans who want to cure mutants, the mutants who say 'cure ftw,' the other mutants who say 'stfu, n00bs,' and Prof X's gang who say 'hey, let's all be friends!' They all go at it and lotsa people die until Jean gets totally ****ed and almost blows up everything, but the good guys end up winning in the end." There were really no twists or anything. They probably thought that it would be dramatic if they just killed off everyone, but none of it added much to the story... even Professor X could've lived, and the movie would've continued and ended pretty much the same way. It was all shock value.

So, all-in-all, I felt like they'd taken the basic idea of X-Men to use for a generic, uninspired action movie. I'd have expected Marvel to take care of their fanbases a little better.

Posted by rudybaga2

I saw it to. I liked it,it might not be up to other people's standerd but it was cool, WARNING:do not bring your woman to it if she doesn't like killing,there like 3 girls crying for some stupid reason I almost slapped them all. My favorite character multi man was in this one only for a short time tho, and if this one was suppost to be the last one that was really sh*tty ending,they left room for a 4th one evan if it was the last one. I loved gene when she got all demon on those guys asses, and beast was ony good till the end,angel wing was useless.

Posted by Dexter

Quoting Wally The Weird: and Juggernaut cursing out Kitty Pride was just BEAUTIFUL in my opinion.

Your opinion is so the truth. It got me laughing more than anything else in the film and that's saying something. Kitty Pryde was the best. She needs her own film right now instead of Wolverine. Everyone else should've been shot with those silly plastic dart guns and had their x-gen eradicated. They all have psychological problems. All the discrimination makes them want to prove their worth, and they're willing to do something crazy to prove it, which makes them maniacs, which makes them a danger to society. Kitty Pryde's the only worthy mutant.

A Pryde movie would be so lame, since there's really only one interesting storyline... the one where she time travels into a future where mutants are basically held within concentration cramps. Even then, she's not a strong enough main character to shoulder a full-on movie. Hell, Jubilee would be more interesting than her since she basically becomes one of the strongest mutants ever.

Posted by Dexter

stfu, noob. Mutant Pryde time-traveling to save the future of her mutant kind would be totally awesome. In the process she could learn the importance of keeping a mutant populace and come to have to choose between killing herself in a future time and saving someone she cares for. Sounds intriguing already. Not strong enough? She wasn't even scratched in the film. She has heart, she's got courage, and yes, she has weaknesses. Start the petition or give me a crew and a producer! I'll get Hans Zimmer to create me another Crimson Tide-like score and Therion could collaborate with him. This has strong potential.

It would also make X3 a complete waste of time.

Posted by Dexter

Nobody's going to care for that crap once my Mutant Pryde hits a theater near you. Heck, they're bringing The Joker back in the next Batman.

Yes, and?

Posted by Dexter

Doesn't that render Tim's Batman as a waste of time?

No, since it's a prequel.

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]No it's not.[/COLOR]

I thought it was a rewrite of the original story, but technically a prequel of the original movie. Ah well, whatever. Point is, a Pryde movie is retarded and will never happen.

Posted by Dexter

No, you are wrong! With the proper approach and crew, it could end up being the best comic film to date! Have a little faith, Vampy. We could explore her past and family, emotions and desires. Like if she does time-travel to the concentration camp, she could be reminded of when her paternal grandfather, Samuel Prydeman, was a European Jew who was held in a Nazi concentration camp during World War II. We could make it an epic story, too, starting from when she was a child up to her unfortunate, poignant death, which is her killing herself when she went to the future to save another she loved (not necessarily a romantic love). Maybe she could be saving her future daughter!

Posted by Aioros

[COLOR="Yellow"]I've never read the comics, but the story of Pryde traveling to the future definitely sounds intriguing. Even if it doesn't become a commercial success, it has enough potential to be a great film, focusing on the characters and the concept of redemption, forgiveness and sacrifice rather than special effects or cool action scenes. Heck, in the right hands it could turn out to be one of the few sci-fi Oscar worthy films, kinda like the Lord of the Rings of super-hero movies. Superheroes have deep and facinating storylines which are rarely seen in a film adaptation.[/COLOR]

I'd rather them take out the whole X-Men bit and just have it happening to real people. Because maybe then they could get decent actors and good characters to carry the story.

Posted by Dexter

No way! Ellen Page can do the job just fine. Didn't you see her in I Downloaded a Ghost? Also, we need to be able to bring in certain aspects from the X-Men comics. I think her character can carry on the story really well, especially once we explore her more and treat her respectfully and give her the time she so rightfully deserves.

Nah, she can't. As a character and actor she can't. She doesn't even have a big enough fanbase. I'd still go see it, though, if it was ever made.

Posted by Dexter

Her not having a huge fanbase is another attraction for me. Something about taking a minor comic hero character and putting her through the transition and transforming her into something bigger than anyone expected her to become has certain perks to it that are appealing. Before anyone saw it, it would probably appear to be something of horrid proportions, but with viewing and attention comes the inevitable realization of supreme excellence!

Yes, it's a nice thought. But it's also going to cost a lot of cash. Producers want to be ensured that their investment is safe, so bringing up a "minor" character might be too big 'a risk.

Posted by Dexter

All it takes is a highly respected cinematic crew to eagerly approach the proper people and request a meeting to discuss ideas. The rest will unfold on its own, as they reach a satisfying position on what they are setting out to create. Once the parties are in agreement, the eager crew set out to make their masterpiece, with the proper budget in paws. Marvel (or whoever) seems to be getting more lenient when it comes to such things.

Point is, it's never going to happen. And rightfully so.