Zero Suit Samus - not an additional character.

Posted by Klarth

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

[quote]This isn't a pure character addition. Rather, under certain conditions, Samus will "remove" her Power Suit. Whoa! That's a woman under there!
Well, ****.

[quote]And don't worry

Posted by BLUNTMASTER X

I hope there's a way to prevent yourself changing to ZS Samus altogether.

:(

Posted by ~vampire~

So if I got it well, you'll be able to take off the armor of samus....why?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=~vampire~]So if I got it well, you'll be able to take off the armor of samus....why?

It probably won't be something you can prevent.

And if she's fast like that thing says then maybe Sheik will have some competition.

Posted by ~vampire~

So will fox, yeah thats good, but what kind of attacks will she have? Just kicks and punches?

Posted by Stalolin

[quote=~vampire~]So will fox, yeah thats good, but what kind of attacks will she have? Just kicks and punches?

Punches and kicks probably for A attacks. B attacks will probably focus on the gun she has.

Posted by ~vampire~

A up or down and B up or down? Whats that gonna be? Power guns? Healing? Mega kicks/punches?

Posted by Klarth

WE. DON'T. FUCKING. KNOW.

Posted by Zeta

Should make it L or R. We don't need two shield buttons.

Or X and Y. Who even uses those for Smash Bros?

Posted by Klarth

Anyone who likes jumping :)

Posted by maian

...I use X and Y all the time. =/

Posted by Zeta

It seems inconvenient to me. I find it much simpler just pushing the control stick up.

Posted by GameMiestro

If it is possible for Zero Mission Samus to beat the normal Samus, I will be mad.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: So if I got it well, you'll be able to take off the armor of samus....why?

Variety. Much like mixing up your fighting style midway through a match, switching to an alternate character with completely different attacks could throw off your oppenent. Plus, the boost in speed and probably agility would be nice at certain times.

Quoted post:
Punches and kicks probably for A attacks. B attacks will probably focus on the gun she has.

I have a feeling she'll use her whip more than punches and kicks. But who knows.

Quoted post:
It seems inconvenient to me. I find it much simpler just pushing the control stick up.

I don't know anyone who uses up to jump :( It can be too inaccurate at times and it's prone to misread the movement, thus possibly killing you.

Posted by Alastor

This was an idea I'd had a while back. My guess is that Samus' BFG shot in the trailer is her "Super" move when you grab the SSB logo item. After you use that shot, Samus' armor will crack and fall off, as does in the trailer.

Pure speculation, but it seems pretty likely to me.

Posted by Exodus

Quoting ~vampire~: So if I got it well, you'll be able to take off the armor of samus....why?

Why not? Like Vampiro said, it adds a little more variety and strategy to the game. Also, I like how they're giving more 2 in 1 options...presuming Zelda/Sheik makes the cut for this game...they've already said that they're not going to include the entire SSBM cast, and since there's speculation that they want to slow down the attacks in the game, the quick-hitting Sheik might be gone, which would render Zelda useless...But judging by Sheiks popularity alone, I doubt they'll eliminate her.

Quoting Zeta: It seems inconvenient to me. I find it much simpler just pushing the control stick up.

Well...you could do that...But it makes some of the manuevers such as hopping and wavedashing a whole lot harder to perform. Plus, using the control stick to jump results in some pretty humiliating accidental KO's when you smash insead of jump.

Quoting GameMiestro: If it is possible for Zero Mission Samus to beat the normal Samus, I will be mad.

...Huh?

Quoting Alastor:
This was an idea I'd had a while back. My guess is that Samus' BFG shot in the trailer is her "Super" move when you grab the SSB logo item. After you use that shot, Samus' armor will crack and fall off, as does in the trailer.

That certainly does seem probable. I'd like to see that happen actually. If you aren't giving a method of reverting other than getting KO'd, I think this would lead to some pretty strategic playing when deciding when to pick up the super move token if it means having no choice but to play as Zero Suit Samus. However, if someone isn't particularly good with ZS Samus, I can see this putting them at a serious disadvantage since they either don't collect the token or they sacrifice playability. I don't know...I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things transpire...

Posted by Iris

If Zelda gets added it's possible she'll have the same appearance as she will in Twilight Princess. Sword and all.

Posted by Zeta

There's already too many swordsmen. Add a few more and they'll have to call this Super Smash Caliber.

Posted by Iris

Not really. There were only three swordsmen in SSBM and all of them were male. Without a weapon a lot of the moves don't really make sense to the character.

"wtf is a peach bomber?"

Posted by Pit

4 swordsmen

Posted by Iris

Ah, I forgot Young Link. :(

On the subject of Young Link, I hope the developers don't include stupid cloned characters this time around.

They won't. All (or most) of the clone characters will be given completely new movesets. So it would be odd to do that then add more clones.

Posted by Zeta

If they do keep all the Melee characters, we'll have at least 6 swordsmen. Both Links, Roy, Marth, MetaKnight, and Pit (lol twin dagger thingies count)

That's not so bad considering every other character will be using their hands. So, that's what, twenty characters plus the one or two that will be added?

Posted by ccrocker58

I dunno...I use Marth and all, but seeing some different weapons would be kind of nice. We're already seeing it with ZS Samus Pit (I don't know...I don't consider his split Sacred Bow a sword), and Snake. As for Marth...I hope they stick to his original moveset and change Roy's if they're going to change the clones' moves like Vampiro said.

It's difficult to introduce new weapons when they're trying to avoid anything real but have all ready used laser guns, bats, bombs, swords, needles, bows, etc.

Posted by ccrocker58

Hmmm...good point Vampiro...but hey, at least we're seeing some additions right? I'm really interested to see how ZSS will use her Whip, and just how Snake's "Explosives" will work too. I'm hoping there'll be more additions, that would be great, but if not, at least we got something new to distinguish our characters.

One question though: we haven't really been given a true explaination of what "real" weapons are. Lets not forget that Samus already fires missles, bombs, and her energy beam.

Posted by Pit

CLAYMORES

NIKITA

Quoted post: One question though: we haven't really been given a true explaination of what "real" weapons are. Lets not forget that Samus already fires missles, bombs, and her energy beam.

Real guns, survival knives, etc.

Posted by Iris

I'm sure by real they mean stuff that would actually cause a character to bleed. That's silly though since the games that the character's from (besides Snake) don't have any blood anyhow.

Posted by ccrocker58

Quoting Vampiro: Real guns, survival knives, etc.

So under the presumption that they don't want them to look realistic, if they just made the weapons look cartoony or such they would be able to be added? Becuase as we've been saying, we've had experience playing as 4 characters that all brandish made up swords. I mean, look, Fox and Falco both have guns, just laser guns. So instead of giving a character a Barretta, just give them a laser blaster. I'm sure there's a way they could do it that wouldn't make it corny.

Posted by Klarth

Tranquiliser gun.

Posted by Pit

Quoting Klarth: Tranquiliser gun.

It'd be stupid cause we'd expect it to make the characters fall asleep and that's just be annoying.

I for one, would rather set up calymore and cause marios knees to break and bleed :) That isn't realistic at all.

Quoted post: So under the presumption that they don't want them to look realistic, if they just made the weapons look cartoony or such they would be able to be added? Becuase as we've been saying, we've had experience playing as 4 characters that all brandish made up swords. I mean, look, Fox and Falco both have guns, just laser guns. So instead of giving a character a Barretta, just give them a laser blaster. I'm sure there's a way they could do it that wouldn't make it corny.

They're going the right direction with Snake. I really would rather not see a cartoony laser blaster on him... because no matter what, it'll look out of place and really corny. It's fine on Fox and Falco, because they're cartoony themselves, but Snake is pretty much the only character that wouldn't fit inside a cartoon.

Quoted post: Tranquiliser gun.

No thanks. I'd rather not face a character that has the same ability as Mewtwo, but can do it whenever he likes and whatever direction I'm facing.

Posted by ccrocker58

For Snake, you're right, it would be really hard for it not to be corny, and what they're doing is an excellent remedy to the problem.

As for the Tranq, why not make it an item wth, say 3 or so shots. I think that would work out ok.