H.I.M

Posted by Kiyoshi

Ok, I just got one of their cd's. It is frickin awesome! Before I had only heard Wings of a Butterfly. Now I have Under the Rose in my sig. I just thought it had cool lyrics. I had my dad download Wings of a Butterfly last weekend. Then Monday my friend said that she burned me the whole cd. She also said that I needed it, I see now that she was right. So, I only have one question; does anyone like H.I.M as much as I do?

Posted by Stalolin

H.I.M. is far too emo.

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

They pretty much fail for trying to create "Love Metal".

Posted by Hyper

I actually thought "Wings of a Butterfly" wasn't toooo horrible, but I'm definitely not interested in getting into the band any more.

Posted by Klarth

Yeah, I liked them when I was twelve :) Seriously, if you're gonna indulge in this crap you might as well listen to real metal and not lame goth-rock rubbish. Go get some Katatonia, it's pretty much the same idea, BUT IT'S GOOD.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

Ewwwwwwwwww ew ew ew ewwwwwey ewww EW.

Posted by Inferno

Yeah, "Wings of a Butterfly" was alright at best when I first listened to it and now I'm just sick of it, especially since one of my good friends is obsessed with it. Overall though, H.I.M. just never really caught my attention. I guess it's just not entertaining enough for me to like it.

Posted by Fate

They sound pretty good to me. I don't pay attention to the lyrics, but I do acknowledge they are there (because to my ears, voices are instruments). Not a big metal fan.

Posted by Shin-Ra

Quoting Fate: Not a big metal fan.

Then you should love them.

I'm not a fan of H.I.M. or Bam Margera. Oh, and heartagrams need to go away.

Posted by Kiyoshi

I think it's cool. Many people over in my part of the country like him too. Just because you don't doesn't bother me, because most of you live in CA, and Klarth lives in England. I myself live in a small town in MI. Our tastes are bound to be different. :D

Posted by Vampiro V. Empire

Quoted post: Just because you don't doesn't bother me, because most of you live in CA, and Klarth lives in England. I myself live in a small town in MI. Our tastes are bound to be different.

Pretty twisted logic to rationalise the enjoyment of a band.

Posted by Raptor

Yeah, I live a few thousand miles off the west coast of the continental United States in a tropical maritime environment moderated by the northeast trade winds, so naturally, I don't care for this band.

Posted by Shin_Akuma

I live In Houston Tx. where Rap and Emo thrives. You can't go into a bathroom at my school without seeing somebody cutting themselves or writing gang names on the side of stalls. It sucks.:(

Posted by Altinure

Emo doesn't equate to cutting oneself.

Posted by MetalVox~55

Quoting Altinure: Emo doesn't equate to cutting oneself.

sure it does. everyone knows this. :rolleyes:

anyway, this band sucks.

Posted by Raptor

Good call, Altinure.

I haven't actually heard much emo at all. Maybe I would grow to appreciate it if I gave it more of a chance.

Posted by Kaise Suratu

I enjoy how they sound.

Posted by s0ul

Quoting Aida: I think it's cool. Many people over in my part of the country like him too. Just because you don't doesn't bother me, because most of you live in CA, and Klarth lives in England. I myself live in a small town in MI. Our tastes are bound to be different. :D

No, they're popular everywhere. People on VGC just don't tend to like popular music, because they're not radio whores.

And also, nobody on VGC knows the *** **** difference between mall goths and emo kids. GET IT STRAIGHT, ****ERS

Posted by Forgotten Soul

H.I.M. is good for what it is. When you're down in the dumps because your girlfriend just broke up with you, then H.I.M. is good. Or you know, if your just havin a sh*ty day because of females in general. Other than that, its not my music of choice, but I wont say I dont like H.I.M. at all, cause I do like....to an extent.

Posted by Xero

The reason why I bought their most recent CD (dark light) was because I loved Rip out the wings of a butterfly, but I dint like the rest of the CD.